Currency Trading Dec 11th-15th

ChowClown said:
i'd say highly likely....so cu @9400.

My VEBO is still long from yesterday so I've happened to be long in this last rally. It would be nice if we could get some sustained movement in one direction for a while but it all depends on whether we've broken out of this congestion range yet. It looks promising ATM but I was saying that yesterday with regards to my then short position which went on to get whipped so who knows...

Offshore Trader said:
Went long three times at 25 today but unfortunately not the fourth :devilish:

I know it wasn't likely today but I could really do with a day with a decent breakout from the start
I'm finding the BO very tedious atm. Having to flex the method to reduce the number of losing trades. I'm scaling down to the 1min on entry to sense momentum and move to b/e earlier if waning below the usual b/e threshold. Saved a few trades and there are some interesting opportunities on that TF if you're nimble and navigate trades around news etc. I'm committed to vebo though, as you never know when the form will return.

a_gnome said:
My VEBO is still long from yesterday so I've happened to be long in this last rally. It would be nice if we could get some sustained movement in one direction for a while but it all depends on whether we've broken out of this congestion range yet. It looks promising ATM but I was saying that yesterday with regards to my then short position which went on to get whipped so who knows...
Fingers crossed. Looks more like a winner today than yesterday imho, given it's now in synch with the weekly trend.

I'm not sure we can sustain this rally considering that EUR/USD is basically unchanged on the day. Having said that, after my latest effort at fading the sell off and after we've been rallying ever since I looked to join the shorts, it might be a good idea to ignore me!

Hi
any ideas why EURUSD gapped down 14 pips at 13:56 GMT today?
It then recovered by 14 pips in the next 2-minutes. It just seems strange and worrying given that the US treasury budget was the closest news release at 13:30, and the price had settled down, following the reaction after the US treasury budget at 1330 GMT.

Thanks a lot
jtrader.

jtrader said:
Hi
any ideas why EURUSD gapped down 14 pips at 13:56 GMT today?
It then recovered by 14 pips in the next 2-minutes. It just seems strange and worrying given that the US treasury budget was the closest news release at 13:30, and the price had settled down, following the reaction after the US treasury budget at 1330 GMT.

Thanks a lot
jtrader.

No but the dollar moved up against everything at that time. Pretty thin trading today I'd have thought with the FOMC tonight so wouldn't take a huge volume to do that

No but the dollar moved up against everything at that time. Pretty thin trading today I'd have thought with the FOMC tonight so wouldn't take a huge volume to do that

Thanks OT

it just seems that 14 pips is a BIG gap, for no apparent reason. I can't understand why the spot EURUSD market would be anywhere near that thin at that time, 26 minutes after a news release that was followed by significant price activity :confused: :confused:

Cheers
JT.

Last edited:
ChowClown said:
..i'm looking, what's your point? I was filled as the 9:30 news was released. You can see the entry marked on the chart in the middle of the 9:30 1 min candle...it went on to form the spike....afterwards!

Your right. But I couldn't trade this spike with Saxo Bank. Here's a video of the UK CPI news trade from Dustin:

http://forexmastermaker.com/vid/ukcpi121206/ukcpi121206.html

Last edited:
morning all

down channel broken north by what appears to be a tight up channel. lets see what this brings.

good luck today

edit: oops, i am terrible with charts. correct chart now posted :eek:

ChowClown said:
Morning, short 681.4 (vebo).

Finally managed to bag some profit from the move yesterday which actually held up long enough for me to lock in 100 odd pips. I've now reversed to short along with OT and CC at 680.

a_gnome said:
Finally managed to bag some profit from the move yesterday which actually held up long enough for me to lock in 100 odd pips. I've now reversed to short along with OT and CC at 680.

I admire your optimism, based on our recent performance :cheesy:

im looking for longs between 9650-60 for a pullback to broken channel and continue a move up. flat for the time being

...wolfe wave ramblings....

...probably best to ignore this, given recent attempts to pin these down, but i have what looks like a bullish setup in the not too distant.

Attachments

• WW 5min 131206 am1.GIF
    WW 5min 131206 am1.GIF
    31.4 KB · Views: 191
ChowClown said:
...probably best to ignore this, given recent attempts to pin these down, but i have what looks like a bullish setup in the not too distant.

still not ready to comment on WW. rather stick to old traditional TA, trendlines and price patterns :cheesy:

jacinto said:
im looking for longs between 9650-60 for a pullback to broken channel and continue a move up. flat for the time being

well, missed my entry by a 10 pips. now have to wait for a clean break of 9730 :rolleyes: