Comments relating to The Expert and his threads

Re: How To Trade: Full Stop

Now we've got the poetry
it's a shame to waste the thread
The Expert ain't a Deity
Let's knock him on the head

To become one of the twelve or not ?

I know DT and (I think) Charlton say they've been exploring new avenues as a result of reading TE's posts, but it strikes me that any progress they may be making is a consequence of their own efforts and can't be attributed to anything specific that TE has posted. ;)
Tim.

Tim
I have gone through my posts on the matter, including the PM I sent to you and I have never said that I was exploring new avenues as a result of TE.

The nearest that any of my posts get to such an interpretation is on March 1 when I ended the post with:

"However he has prompted discussion of these concepts, which is no bad thing"

but I don't think it should be interpreted in the way you suggest.

All along my approach has been to keep an open mind and to allow TE to either hoist himself by his own petard or to prove to the rest of us that he is indeed the expert he purports to be and has something new to say. My questions and comments on his threads have therefore been carefully crafted to elicit certain information and to be neutral with regard to opinions on the veracity or otherwise of their content.

So now I will give my opinion based on the threads so far:

- I don’t think that his particular brand of TA, using concepts from Gillmore, Rudd and so on, is in reality that different to normal TA. TE has valid points about vendors and trainers who often peddle simple TA concepts, free available on the web, at extortionate prices. However TA covers a vast range of concepts and I see no reason to differentiate those covered by TE as special or different.
- Whilst I can see amusement (like solving a crossword puzzle as I said in one post) or value in making you stop and think (solving riddles), the problem with using cryptic clues is that they seem easy if you already know the answer. To solve them you need sufficient context and to be aware of the level of sophistication and style of the riddler. I don’t think that TS provided this and, to do otherwise, is arrogant and insulting to the intelligence of the reader.
- In contrast I appreciated the straightforward reply from TE to my questions about what information he thinks one needs for trading US stocks. In fact much of it was similar to the information that Grey1 used and what I would consider to be used in standard (although possibly not beginner’s TA)
- There is a T2W guideline that states that you should not present yourself as an expert if you are not. The Expert may or may not be an expert and, certainly, to apply that accolade to himself should require some proof that others can readily grasp. For that reason, if TE chooses to make it difficult for others to grasp that proof then the threads should be transferred to the lounge area. One way in which that proof might start to be furnished would be if TE accede to the request from others to provide a straightforward summary of what he has alledgedly taught and how it might be used in trading
- Equally I see no reason why others should be trying to “run him out of town”, simply because he has a style and ideas that are not the mainstream. I also think that the moderators are lacking in their policing of some of the antagonistic posts that border on hate and harassment. If posters do not like what they are reading there is always the ignore function.

So in summary
- I would vote for TE IF he tries to be a little more straightforward thus giving him the benefit of the doubt, so that members have a chance of making up their own minds to continue to read or to choose to ignore. So on that condition I would count as one of his twelve if he wants to read it that way.

- I also think that he should be made to change his name if/until he proves that he is "The Expert" because I really balk at the thought of addressing someone as The expert when they have not yet proved it to my satisfaction or indeed many other's. It could be changed, for example to, "Awaiting proof as The Expert" (PS. I think mods should have the right to refuse certain nics if considered unsuitable)

- If he cannot do that then I would go with everyone else and suggest that the threads are confined to the lounge and then it is up to TE if he wants to continue posting

Charlton

Like others, im pretty sure that TE is just on the wind up. However, even if he is not, I get the impression that if he were just to come out with it and tell us what it is that he thinks we need and should be looking at, that we would be quite dissapointed and already be very aware of it.
His clues have just been titles of books on TA! im sure we've heard it all before

Re: To become one of the twelve or not ?

finally found a picture of TE:

Attachments

• theExpert.jpg
    theExpert.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 153

Honestly GO, at least to the lounge.
If someone won't even give a straight answer to what book to read, and Toast only knows because he gets private messages, then this thread is a joke and belongs there along with the arrogance and flashing smileys.
We have 74 pages of nonsense and as Charlton points out we don't even know what he is going to teach except apparently its "The Only Way to Trade"

TemporaryLight is right, this could be a thread on how to pick and trade stocks that gap.

Can someone please do a tally on GO or STAY ?

Thank You,

TE

Hey - it's not as simple as GO or STAY. I demand that my vote for **** end is counted.

Yes, good point TL.
I've had it in the back of my mind for a while now to move the thread to the The Foyer in the 'Lounge' category which goes some way towards addressing the problem. If TE or his disciples can put forward a sound argument for leaving it where it is - i.e. by providing some evidence - any evidence in fact - that it makes a genuine effort to deliver on the promise implied in the title - then fair enough - it can stay put.
Tim.

Tim - this is an internet forum. Don't take it so seriously.

As for threatening to move it to a non-trading related area of the board if someone doesn't give you evidence that it works - isn't that a bit like taking your ball home if they won't let you play centre forward ?

Everyone is free to not participate. I have found this both entertaining and enlightening. Enlightening in respect to how people get so upset by something they actually log on to and read on purpose.

There are a couple of possibilities here:

1 - TE does have some things to share but he wants to obfuscate so that not too many people don't learn it, thus negating it's usefulness
2 - TE is on a wind-up mission
3 - A little of both

My guess is there's a bit of winding up in there.

To be honest, it seems to me that if it is just a wind-up, it would be a bit of an own-goal because the person that spent the most time contributing to this is TE. The Excel sheet bar charts, making PDFs, the riddles etc - must have taken some time to plan out.

Also - if it is just a wind-up, then I am the person that has been most fooled by it. The good thing about that is that I can laugh at myself, so if it comes to that, it won't bother me half as much as people are bothered right now by NOT being fooled. Go figure.

If yesterday is anything to go by, then TE has given us some interesting pointers on when gaps might be filled & when they may not. This goes way back to the start and the discussion about ranges. I could say more - but if there is an edge there, I want my pound of flesh first.

Also, lot of us daytraders use the futures for direction and now we have another way to guage market direction than following just the futures. For sure, TE did not spell it out - but he did give us the author of the infomation (via a mention of "Bryce in the pub").

So what happens now ? Unless someone provides a detailed set of trading rules, T2W will move the thread ? :rolleyes:

At the end of the day, it is just the internet. It is not serious business unless someone is trying to rip people off. I think the ignore button should be used.

Tim - this is an internet forum. Don't take it so seriously.

As for threatening to move it to a non-trading related area of the board if someone doesn't give you evidence that it works - isn't that a bit like taking your ball home if they won't let you play centre forward ?

Everyone is free to not participate. I have found this both entertaining and enlightening. Enlightening in respect to how people get so upset by something they actually log on to and read on purpose.

There are a couple of possibilities here:

1 - TE does have some things to share but he wants to obfuscate so that not too many people don't learn it, thus negating it's usefulness
2 - TE is on a wind-up mission
3 - A little of both

My guess is there's a bit of winding up in there.

To be honest, it seems to me that if it is just a wind-up, it would be a bit of an own-goal because the person that spent the most time contributing to this is TE. The Excel sheet bar charts, making PDFs, the riddles etc - must have taken some time to plan out.

Also - if it is just a wind-up, then I am the person that has been most fooled by it. The good thing about that is that I can laugh at myself, so if it comes to that, it won't bother me half as much as people are bothered right now by NOT being fooled. Go figure.

If yesterday is anything to go by, then TE has given us some interesting pointers on when gaps might be filled & when they may not. This goes way back to the start and the discussion about ranges. I could say more - but if there is an edge there, I want my pound of flesh first.

Also, lot of us daytraders use the futures for direction and now we have another way to guage market direction than following just the futures. For sure, TE did not spell it out - but he did give us the author of the infomation (via a mention of "Bryce in the pub").

So what happens now ? Unless someone provides a detailed set of trading rules, T2W will move the thread ? :rolleyes:

At the end of the day, it is just the internet. It is not serious business unless someone is trying to rip people off. I think the ignore button should be used.

Hi DT,
I'm in the unusual position of being paid to take this stuff seriously!

Your sporting analogy is flawed, IMO. A more accurate one would be along these lines: imagine a football pitch and a rugby pitch side by side. A footy match is being played on the rugby pitch. I come along and move the players and the spectators over to the football pitch. Suffice it to say, I have no desire to be centre forward and I'm not taking the ball away and preventing others from playing!

I don't dispute that the thread is entertaining and of interest to members. The replies and views count is testimony to that. However, it's abundantly clear from the views expressed by the majority of subscribers that if fails to do what the title implies that it will. Anyone could, potentially, get something from it that helps them with their trading. But, as I said in my last post, that applies to any post on this site and beyond. At best, the thread may act as a catalyst for further research which may prove useful, as in your case, but it definitely doesn't do what it says on the tin. If the thread was entitled: 'Riddles, Rhymes & Parlour Games' - there would be no issue - but it's not.

Tim.

Tim - you may be getting paid for this but that does not change the fact that this is still just a website. In the grand scheme of life, it is totally irrelevant.

What is interesting is that really dangerous threads that "don't do what they say on the tin" are being left alone. You could do worse that start with the "FREE 99.9% Successful Trades For All Level Of Traders (REAL TIME) " thread, which is obviously the lead up to a scam.

Or perhaps on planet T2W, someone being annoying deserves more ire than someone looking to rip people off.

There are MANY threads on here that claim to show you how to make money. Captain Currencies "3 ducks" is one of them. Have you traded this 3 ducks method and proved it worked ? No ? Better move it to the lounge then. Even you have seen the follow up documents from Captain Currency selling the 'extra training' needed to make the 3 ducks profitable.

Thw whole issue is NOT about the content of the thread. The real issue is that T E rubs many people up the wrong way with his.. err... style.

I'll be honest - the abuse from both sides puts me off. It does not make any of those involved look at all intelligent.

What is interesting is that really dangerous threads that "don't do what they say on the tin" are being left alone. You could do worse that start with the "FREE 99.9% Successful Trades For All Level Of Traders (REAL TIME) " thread, which is obviously the lead up to a scam.

Or perhaps on planet T2W, someone being annoying deserves more ire than someone looking to rip people off.

just thought i'd chime in about that particular example, um, no, you're so wrong that he's been left alone! the first ad carrying post thread was deleted before it got going, warnings issued etc, the current thread already discussed in mod circles and being monitored. it will soon become apparent to us if the thread becomes scammy and will be removed pronto.

also if a member is being deliberately arrogant, evasive and annoying then he deserves all he gets in comebacks from the membership, i would have thought.

also if a member is being deliberately arrogant, evasive and annoying then he deserves all he gets in comebacks from the membership, i would have thought.

I agree with that - but I think the mods should be above all that.

Let's face it - if you put every unproven 'how to make money' thread on here into the lounge, there wouldn't be much left on the rest of the site.

Very little here 'does what it says on the tin' in any provable way.

I agree with that - but I think the mods should be above all that.

Let's face it - if you put every unproven 'how to make money' thread on here into the lounge, there wouldn't be much left on the rest of the site.

Very little here 'does what it says on the tin' in any provable way.

very true, agreed, i shouldn't be joining in, i'm a very naughty boy! and will take my punishment from admin and/or members. yes, i'm supposed to sit on the fence and view both sides of things with a neutral viewpoint, but even you have to agree that this would be extremely hard after so many, many pages of his have passed under the bridge and appear not to be abating, each promise of a new start, clear and concise with no more faffing around, etc, etc.

i don't believe moderators have pinned their colours to any mast yet re a policy of moving alleged trading related threads to the foyer, not that i'm aware of anyway.

although there is a past precedence of mods doing this a few years ago on occasions with disruptive/wrecked threads, as a whole or splitting. this action wouldn't work with todays site setup imo.

and yes his latest thread was dumped in the foyer, it was the only thing to do with yet another potential marathon on f' all.

please note it was moved before anything trading related was mentioned, just so there is no confusion on that point. it can be moved out again easily if and when any worthwhile discussions are evident and ongoing, and of course without too much trouble attached.

. . .
There are MANY threads on here that claim to show you how to make money. Captain Currencies "3 ducks" is one of them. Have you traded this 3 ducks method and proved it worked ? No ? Better move it to the lounge then.
Seems to me that thread explicitly provides a trading strategy. Seen one from TE yet?
. . .
The real issue is that T E rubs many people up the wrong way with his.. err... style.
Wrong again. The whole issue is that TE's a previously banned multi-nick returning poster.

Citybulls thataway if you find TE's posts so informative ======================>