Comments relating to The Expert and his threads

Re: How To Trade: Full Stop

The whole issue is that TE's a previously banned multi-nick returning poster.

Which previously banned member and how do you know ?

Paul

Hi DT,
Tim - you may be getting paid for this but that does not change the fact that this is still just a website. In the grand scheme of life, it is totally irrelevant.
I agree, in the great scheme of things, T2W is utterly unimportant. (Sorry boss!) However, that principle applies to just about every other microcosm of human activity. If everyone took this attitude about everything, then there wouldn't be anything of any quality or value in the world, because no one would give a damn about anything. Therefore, within the virtual walls of T2W, it most certainly does matter and is highly relevant.

What is interesting is that really dangerous threads that "don't do what they say on the tin" are being left alone. You could do worse that start with the "FREE 99.9% Successful Trades For All Level Of Traders (REAL TIME) " thread, which is obviously the lead up to a scam.

Or perhaps on planet T2W, someone being annoying deserves more ire than someone looking to rip people off.
Oh dear, I thought the conspiracy theories were all bundled up and shoved in an old tatty carrier bag for zupcon's to take with him when he left us!
;)
LM has answered this point already. To underline his comments, and for the benefit of those who are not aware of how the site works, the Content Team have absolutely no input or jurisdiction over issues regarding the breach of site guidelines. This is the exclusive domain of the moderators. I am not a Mod' and do not have any of the permissions that they have to ban members and issue infraction points etc.

There are MANY threads on here that claim to show you how to make money. Captain Currencies "3 ducks" is one of them. Have you traded this 3 ducks method and proved it worked ? No ? Better move it to the lounge then. Even you have seen the follow up documents from Captain Currency selling the 'extra training' needed to make the 3 ducks profitable.
As A Dashiung Blade points out - and quite correctly - Captain Currency has provided a very clear and simple strategy for free which anyone can follow and numerous members have praised him for his efforts. The fact he offers 1-2-1 tuition is of no interest or concern to me, so long as he stays within the site guidelines. If he breaches them, he'll be answerable to the Mods as previously stated, and his position as Forum Guide will be revoked immediately. The ideas expressed in his thread are as valid as any others and a great deal better than most and, in my personal opinion, infinitely more useful to aspiring traders than anything to be found in this thread. Doubtless, you will disagree!

The issue isn't whether or not CC's strategy works, that's totally irelevant. As you know well, one man's meat is another man's poison, so my ability or inability to trade it is immaterial. (I haven't tried - so I don't know.) The reason for moving this thread to the Lounge is simply because it doeasn't do what it strongly implies that it will. On the other hand, CC's thread doeas exactly what its title implies. That you and others don't care for him or his ideas is neither here nor there.

Thw whole issue is NOT about the content of the thread. The real issue is that T E rubs many people up the wrong way with his.. err... style.

I'll be honest - the abuse from both sides puts me off. It does not make any of those involved look at all intelligent.
Well, I would say this wouldn't I - but you're totally wrong! Personally, I like members who have a bit of an 'edge' and are controversial. I like you! They're good for the site. If we all agreed with one another and patted each other on the back all the time it would be a less interesting place. The issue is simply that TE deliberately started a thread with a provocative title which, almost inevitably, would receive a lot of views and then failed dismally to follow through on the implied promise. Compare this thread with another one in this very forum, with a similarly provocative title: How To Make Money Trading The Markets. There are some members who don't much care for Mr. Charts, are suspicious of his motives and are unimpressed with his strategies. However, to the best of my knowledge, no one has ever criticized him or his thread for failing to make some effort to address the question implied by it's title. If you scan through the posts of TE and Mr. Charts in their respective threads, you'll soon appreciate this simple point. As it is, this thread is more about TE's ego and his ability to manipulate members and lead them on a merry dance with his tall tales and cryptic clues than it is about trading. As it stands, for this reason alone, it belongs in the Lounge.

You and others will note that I haven't (yet) moved the thread. TE is welcome at anytime to redeem himself and post something that lives up to the grand title of the thread. Then I'll be very happy to leave it exactly where it is.
Tim.

Hi DT,

I agree, in the great scheme of things, T2W is utterly unimportant. (Sorry boss!) However, that principle applies to just about every other microcosm of human activity. If everyone took this attitude about everything, then there wouldn't be anything of any quality or value in the world, because no one would give a damn about anything. Therefore, within the virtual walls of T2W, it most certainly does matter and is highly relevant.

Oh dear, I thought the conspiracy theories were all bundled up and shoved in an old tatty carrier bag for zupcon's to take with him when he left us!
;)
LM has answered this point already. To underline his comments, and for the benefit of those who are not aware of how the site works, the Content Team have absolutely no input or jurisdiction over issues regarding the breach of site guidelines. This is the exclusive domain of the moderators. I am not a Mod' and do not have any of the permissions that they have to ban members and issue infraction points etc.

As A Dashiung Blade points out - and quite correctly - Captain Currency has provided a very clear and simple strategy for free which anyone can follow and numerous members have praised him for his efforts. The fact he offers 1-2-1 tuition is of no interest or concern to me, so long as he stays within the site guidelines. If he breaches them, he'll be answerable to the Mods as previously stated, and his position as Forum Guide will be revoked immediately. The ideas expressed in his thread are as valid as any others and a great deal better than most and, in my personal opinion, infinitely more useful to aspiring traders than anything to be found in this thread. Doubtless, you will disagree!

The issue isn't whether or not CC's strategy works, that's totally irelevant. As you know well, one man's meat is another man's poison, so my ability or inability to trade it is immaterial. (I haven't tried - so I don't know.) The reason for moving this thread to the Lounge is simply because it doeasn't do what it strongly implies that it will. On the other hand, CC's thread doeas exactly what its title implies. That you and others don't care for him or his ideas is neither here nor there.

Well, I would say this wouldn't I - but you're totally wrong! Personally, I like members who have a bit of an 'edge' and are controversial. I like you! They're good for the site. If we all agreed with one another and patted each other on the back all the time it would be a less interesting place. The issue is simply that TE deliberately started a thread with a provocative title which, almost inevitably, would receive a lot of views and then failed dismally to follow through on the implied promise. Compare this thread with another one in this very forum, with a similarly provocative title: How To Make Money Trading The Markets. There are some members who don't much care for Mr. Charts, are suspicious of his motives and are unimpressed with his strategies. However, to the best of my knowledge, no one has ever criticized him or his thread for failing to make some effort to address the question implied by it's title. If you scan through the posts of TE and Mr. Charts in their respective threads, you'll soon appreciate this simple point. As it is, this thread is more about TE's ego and his ability to manipulate members and lead them on a merry dance with his tall tales and cryptic clues than it is about trading. As it stands, for this reason alone, it belongs in the Lounge.

You and others will note that I haven't (yet) moved the thread. TE is welcome at anytime to redeem himself and post something that lives up to the grand title of the thread. Then I'll be very happy to leave it exactly where it is.
Tim.

My final word here.

Point proven:clap:

:smart:TE:smart:

So to summarise.

Captain Currency - has a method that on it's own will not work and will therefore you lose you money. A bunch of people that don't know how to trade praised his efforts. This method of guaranteeing losses has been spelt out simply and people like it because of how simple it is, despite the fact it doesn't work. It is safe to release this method to all and sundry because it has no inherent edge,

T E - may or may not have something that will make money. The method has been set as a series of riddles so you'll get off your own **** and look for yourself if you can be bothered. This will put off the people looking for a cookie cutter step by step guide to making money. It would also protect any edge that T E has. It is unlikely anyone solving the riddles would lose money because they won't be the type of people looking for a cookie cutter formula.

So - it is better to clearly spell out a way to lose money than to be a bit vague in pointing you in the direction of publications that may help improve your profitability.

OK - I got it now !

C'mon DT!
Your making a mountain out of a mole hill and rather missing the point!
Captain Currency - has a method that on it's own will not work and will therefore you lose you money. A bunch of people that don't know how to trade praised his efforts. This method of guaranteeing losses has been spelt out simply and people like it because of how simple it is, despite the fact it doesn't work. It is safe to release this method to all and sundry because it has no inherent edge,!
You seem obsessed with Captain Curency. I accept and understand completely that you are totaly unimpressed with the ideas he presents in his thread. Whether or not they have value can only be evaluated by each member who reads the thread and tries to implement them. You can't possibly know how other traders utilise his ideas and the level of success - or failure - they experience as a result. Either way, it's not relevent to this thread and the very simple point that you conveniently overlook. Namely, that this thread is not about trading. CC's thread is, simple as that. The ideas that TE has (if he ever gets around to telling us what they are) may or may not work. As with CC, it's up to each member to decide on their respective merits. And, even if they do 'work' for some people, they won't work for others. So, this whole issue as to whether or not something works is a complete red herring. There's no 'one size fits all' in trading as far as I know.

T E - may or may not have something that will make money. The method has been set as a series of riddles so you'll get off your own **** and look for yourself if you can be bothered. This will put off the people looking for a cookie cutter step by step guide to making money. It would also protect any edge that T E has. It is unlikely anyone solving the riddles would lose money because they won't be the type of people looking for a cookie cutter formula.

So - it is better to clearly spell out a way to lose money than to be a bit vague in pointing you in the direction of publications that may help improve your profitability.
If TE feels he needs to protect his edge by not revealing his methods, then he shouldn't start a thread like this one. However - again as you well know - he could lay out his method clearly with an explanation a 5 year old could follow - 'cookie cutter' style - and members would still fail to follow it and say it doesn't work. This point has been well proven by the Turtles and, closer to home, by Mr. Charts. I've tried to trade the approach in his thread, but it simply doesn't suit my style and I can't make it work for me. I would have more time for TE if he provided some evidence - any evidence in fact - that he knows what he's on about and that his ideas make money for somebody. Anybody!
Tim.

Let me tell you what Captain Currency, Trader_Dante, MrCharts, Danarm etc all have in common

Not one of them says their method is the only way to trade
and
Not one of them attracts interest by slagging off other methods / teachers
and
They attract interest by showing a willingness to share what they have learned and give a little back

Just my humble observation.

Captain Currency - has a method that on it's own will not work and will therefore you lose you money.

/QUOTE]

i think the method is sound, and with proper MM is an effective technique for those learning the markets

Go to the Captain Currency site, download his 'free ebook' and you will be then sent emails explaining how this system does NOT work but for a fee, you can be sent the 'real goods'.

It's a hook, nothing more, nothing less. If Captain Currency says it doesn't work - how can you say it would ???

C'mon DT!
Your making a mountain out of a mole hill and rather missing the point!

You seem obsessed with Captain Curency.

Not an obsession Tim, he just perfectly illustrates the point. He is lauded here for putting forward a non-working system which is a front for picking up people to train.

On the other hand, T E is being hounded for trying to make people figure it out for themselves for free.

If you don't want me to mention CC any more - should I perhaps pick some other examples?

Any arguments put forward that this is about the merits of the content of the threads on a trading level are ridiculous as this place is full of worthless threads.

This is about T E's personality and the abuse he gets and throws out. Why not just call it what it is ?

I will add that I do not agree with the abuse that TE throws out or receives, I think it is totally pointless.

Anyway - I shan't add any more to this argument as my point has been made clearly and I know you don't agree - which is fine.

This is about T E's personality and the abuse he gets and throws out. Why not just call it what it is ?
Hi DT,
One of the alarming things (for me anyway) about communicating on a public forum like T2W is the amount of misunderstanding and mis-communication that appears to go on. When that occurs in a 'debate' in which I'm involved - such as this one - I wonder how it is that, apparently, I can fail so spectacularly to communicate what is essentially a very simple concept. However, I have to accept that's the situation I now find myself in, despite my best efforts and I offer my apologies to you for these shortcomings. I shall try one last time to explain my position.

TE's personality has nothing to do with my decision to move this thread to the Lounge. If you want to believe otherwise- that's fine, but you'd be wrong. Imagine you're in a library, browsing through the books in the Finance & Investing section which, for the purposes of this analogy, is situated next to the Computing section. In between the numerous volumes on Messrs Buffet and Slater, you notice a book on Microsoft Office. As you continue to browse, the librarian comes along and starts to tidy up the section. S/he sees the book on Microsoft Office, removes it from the shelf and puts in the Computing section alongside all the other books on Microsoft Office - where it belongs.

You're welcome to think that this is about something more underhand if you want, that's your prerogative. However, I can put my hand on heart and look you in the eye and say that I'm merely trying to be a good librarian. Nothing more, nothing less. If you, TE or anyone else would care to put forward a case that this thread lives up to the implied promise of its title and should be left in this forum - then great - I'm all ears. As things stand, based on my perception (which I'm very happy to admit could be totally wrong), it appears to me to be in the wrong forum and needs to be moved. I hope I've explained my position clearly this time and apologies once again for having made such a poor fist of it in my previous posts.
Tim.

The whole issue is NOT about the content of the thread. The real issue is that T E rubs many people up the wrong way with his.. err... style.

How could a guy bring out three volume charts (without the price) and asked other people to work on his question, and there were some takers.

I remember another time use the weekly chart for his "trading" . . . :rolleyes: :sleep:

How could a guy bring out three volume charts (without the price) and asked other people to work on his question, and there were some takers.

I remember another time use the weekly chart for his "trading" . . . :rolleyes: :sleep:

"three volume charts":-0

Please show me, and everyone else, same:?:

I am busy trading right now but will reply later on.

TE

you still didn't answer about your blatant lies -
1) the FTSE was closed when you claimed to be trading it
2) Silver was in a 2 cents range when you claimed to be trading it
3) elsewhere you claim to be an expert in US stocks only

you are a deluded, infantile, moron.

in fact, i suspect you are a 16 year old in a wheel chair with no mates

you are in fact a total:

Edit: Deleted to save mods time.

Last edited:

If anyone starts posting silly comments about anyone, or anything, and the mods do not do their job, then, this thread will just revert back to time wasting, and that I guarantee. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

So you guarantee that this is a waste of time. :LOL:
Ok , TE, i'm always willing to learn from a profitable trader, people don't need spoonfeeding, but put up or shut up.
If i want poems i'll read Coleridge. This is a trading thread after all, how about some trades, or at least a basic outline of your methology?
Otherwise, unfortunately, the gallery will just laugh louder. Balls in your court.

Thanks

you still didn't answer about your blatant lies -
1) the FTSE was closed when you claimed to be trading it
2) Silver was in a 2 cents range when you claimed to be trading it
3) elsewhere you claim to be an expert in US stocks only

you are a deluded, infantile, moron.

in fact, i suspect you are a 16 year old in a wheel chair with no mates

you are in fact a total:

1) Do you think I am going to show "THE QUEEN" anything:LOL:

2) I only daytrade US stocks, I never said I do not swing and position trade other markets:cool:

3) I am THE EXPERT and I can trade ANY MARKET I so desire:cool:

:smart:TE:smart: