cj12's Dow Trades

Thanks Snip for that

Yes, I agree not many trades over 15 years of 3147 points profit with a 50 points stop. But that just 1 of many patterns I got try this one if you wish to test it for us.

1) Today's close must be lower than the close 6 days ago.for buys only

2) Add 50 points on the opening price on the Dow For buys, Stop 50 points

3) Exit on the second days close after being in the trade for 1 day. if not stopped out

The same for sell just revers what is the above.

Thanks

CJ

CJ,

Thanks for the continued info mate. One question however, these sort of set ups are similar to the infamous one posted by Larry Williams Will look up the link later. Can you tell me if you are constantly searching for new patterns ? If so, what software do you use ?

Rgds,
The General.

Hi General

Larry William use in a little differently from me. He takes the last 4 days and add the past 4 days open to high for buys and divide it by 4 and add I think it 180% to the open. but he uses the open on the third day to get out plus only take long trades on Mon. Tue. wed and sells on Th. and Fri.

I got some methods where they are charging $400 for 1 trading pattern, I will post them in dew course

CJ

CJ,

Thanks for that. So do you look for your own patterns or do you buy them ?

If you look for your own, do you use software ?

The reason I ask is that intuitively, one could find such patterns by data mining. Problem is they don't work out of sample....

Cheers,

The General.

trading

Over the years I been giving patterns a few pit traders in the s&p pit. Had a few methods from them plus my own methods, I try to twist them around to suit my style of trading. I been trading now for over 10 years and IM always on the look out for new thing to implement in to my trading, as you know markets change and you need to change with them.

I dont now much about software IM not a tech guy, I just use a simple bar chart and blomberg TV for strenth and weakness,

But I have been thinking of buying softwear for back testing but dont now which i the best t buy.
CJ

CJ,

For what it's worth Tradestation seems to be excellent - you can use their EasyLanguage to describe the patterns and then it does the rest.

One thing I was trying to do was to use data mining to find patterns (instead of having to think one up and then test it), but as I said before, hardly any of them seem to work out of sample.

The General.

To All you traders out there in the new year how about all you traders out there placing live trades up. I can draw pretty charts as I was a student of gann for 3 years, and say things like ho I thinks it looks like it wants to go up or down there.

But what counts his placing real money on the market,not drawing fancy charts. So how about it from 2004 we start a thread and call it LIVE TRADES. You will learn more from that than from looking at charts after the event.

As you will see traders loose and winn. Then after trading you can post up why you think you got stoped out there, or why you decided to take profit there.

LOOK forward to you response

CJ

cj I agree, especially when people are quiet all day and then post at the end when the markets are closed with a chart attached and say how obvious it all was...

Some can find the time during the day, some can't.... Mr. Charts quite often posts RT ( well nearly) of his USA stock picks. Sometimes I post comments RT on the BB, but not often charts, unless others can't see where I'm coming from or why I made a particular call. I'm sure most won't post for fear of being wrong....Some still post their bum trades...

If you want a signal of when the bull run is over on the Dow. You will have to wait until the market drives out everybody the wrong way. So if you are looking for a bull market top, be ensured the market will skyrocket first. This is what is happening at present

This will drive out every short seller who ever dreamed of selling the market Tremendous short covering will drive the market much higher than anyone ever dreamed. Only then will the market declin.This is a classic signal Get ready

CJ

The bull run will be over when the up channel support line from March is broken. That's a35%+ gain. PPl with shorts in place must be really feeling the pain.... up to 600 points away...

Im now flat from short dow march I posted my trade up on follow me and the dax thread by mug2k im out from short 10263 out @ 10222 it friday

CM FOR DAILY DOW
3 MAY 99 RSI 77.94
17 JUNE 03 72.43
TODAY 74.69 DOES THIS FORM ANY SIGN FOR A CORRECTION? YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE. REGARDS JAI

CJ are you going to post anymore trades here? Why did you stop?
This thread was getting really interesting !

Thanks
Jane

Hi all

Im back I had a thought that I would like to share with you. I been looking back at my old trades and they still work. The only one fault with this trading is it got big stops of some 100 to 130 points. The strategies are sophisticated I like to double up buy more or double up and reversing my position

Doubling up relies on the idea of a range resistance area where you can add to you position if it goes against you with relative saftey.Once out the comfort zone you would need to double up and revers. HA I bet you all saying you cant do this it don't say this in all the good books on trading. Well let me tell you something books don't tell you how to make money they tell you to ride you winners and cut you losses, We all know that so why are so many traders looking on how to make real money from the markets which they cant find in books.

IM trading a new method now, with smaller stops and so on. But we see how my old style trading does hey and its free.

The first trade is long from 10415 futures yes im late posting this trade up but all the next wont they be live.The first rec. I will sell half of the position at 10530.
Remember these are my old trades I used in 1991 to 97.

I don't trade these any more its nice relax trading you can be in a trade from 1 day to 5 days anyhow we see how they go.

Ps

My current method I trade im long from 10555 and had a loss of 12 ticks on a short close to the open. But im only giving signals on my old method on this thread. and the old style is easy to post as they are day trades.

CJ

Last edited:
we base the trades on $10, we will always start the trade with $20 ......And a bank of $5,000

I have decided to sell half of the position here at 10512

first trade long form 10412 sold half @ 10512 for 98 +points

Now long $10 form 10412

placed a sell order $30 @ 10471 revers and go short if filled we be short $20

CJ

If we get filled short at 10471,we be short $20 all stops at the start of a new trade will be 120 points, if the market move in our favour i will move stops,

Also remember we still long $10 from 10412 if we go short at 10471 we will make 59 points on the long trade at $10 a point.

CJ