cj12's Dow Trades

Hi Grubs

My view on the market is sell in to strength a good place to sell next week is 10380 to 10420. I see it going to 10100

CJ

Hi Grubs

My view on the market is sell in to strength a good place to sell next week is 10380 to 10420. I see it going to 10100

CJ

CJ,

What are your thoughts champ ? Don't worry abt the petty argument of late - let your analysis do the talking....

I must get me one of your crystal balls

My view on the market is sell in to strength a good place to sell next week is 10380 to 10420. I see it going to 10100.

Spot on CJ,could we see a possible bottom for the market at this point or is there more downside to come,would be very interested to hear your comments.
Thanks Llew

Hi Llew

As you see I don't post much anymore. But I will form time to time, You ask my view on the market.

I would keep selling the Dow till 10100 is broken i would then go long till 10300 sell half of the position at 10200 and move stop to entry, nice round numbers for you to watch,

CJ

cj12 said:
Hi Llew

As you see I don't post much anymore. But I will form time to time, You ask my view on the market.

I would keep selling the Dow till 10100 is broken i would then go long till 10300 sell half of the position at 10200 and move stop to entry, nice round numbers for you to watch,

CJ

The dow closed below 10100 on Monday 19/07, Wednesday 21/07 and Thursday 22/07.
So your comment about selling till 10100 is broken is confusing. Can you explain please.

Regards

bracke

Or maybe (after reflection), keep short effectively with 10100 as the sop and reverse......

Yeah, that fits better

Hi Bracke

Sorry what I mean is, keep selling the Dow till 10100 is broken to the upside

If 10100 is taken out to the upside I would go long first target 10200 second target 10300.

For the more risky trader go long at 9888 TO 9910s top 9855

CJ

OK Dow at 9960, Shall we sit back and see if it drops more, Or best to get in on a long? Any info on this matter, Thank you

cricket said:
OK Dow at 9960, Shall we sit back and see if it drops more, Or best to get in on a long? Any info on this matter, Thank you

What is your desire to go long based on? Nobody can tell you what the markets will do.

hi

cj12 said:
Hi Llew

CJ

Hi cj
Thanks for your view,just gone long on the sep dow 9906 stop at 9856.
Hope your trading is going well.

Hi

I only pop in form time to time, but for the Dow trade i said look to go long at around 9888 to 9910 IM long from 9926

Nice entry llew at 9906 what I would do now is, sell half of you position and move stop to 9984, and ride it till 10200,,possible then 10300 i let you know.

A few days back i also said go long at a break of 10100, This trade may be more risky now at this level with the run up we have had plus i don't like the price action in the nasdaq we could get a pull back to 10025 level AND THIS WOULD A. GOOD PLACE TO BUY. STOP JUST A LITTLE UNDER 9984

Good luck

CJ

Had to get out of the kitchen

I bailed out yesterday ,got a little nervous at the break of 10,000 ,to bank in some needed profit,will look into jumping back onboard after the next pullback.Still trying to get used to holding overnight,not very easy at this moment.
Thanks cj

LLew, personally i think u should have moved ur stop higher on Tuesday to lock in about 100+ points....... i hope u got in again when it broke 10000 again yesterday.........it's all about discipline and patience at times esp when u r swing trading..

grubs50 said:
LLew, personally i think u should have moved ur stop higher on Tuesday to lock in about 100+ points....... i hope u got in again when it broke 10000 again yesterday.........it's all about discipline and patience at times esp when u r swing trading..
I'm more at home with daytrading and scalping and just progressing slowly to swing,it does awaken some different emotions when holding overnight and i'm working out a solution to try and come to terms with these,especially wanting to take profit quickly.Patience is something i am not the best at,what i can see that it requires a lot more patience and trust to stay in a swing trade.I understand that different characters find different trading styles easier than other
styles of trading and i'm just trying to get used to the feeling of a swing trade as i progress to hopefully an all round trader.
Thanks for your feedback,i'll look to join again after the correction today. ;)
Llew

llew,
I too used to bite my nails and get out before end of day because I had no faith and therefore missed out badly on profits.
I now have a basic rule. Nothing above £2 per point left overnight. For everything else I watch the screen like a hawk.
I make more ticks from the former. That's probably because I'm still unskilled. By watching the screen closely today I managed to miraculously turn a twenty tick profit into a ten tick loss.:)