Brewski Trades

I live 15 mins drive from BIG BEN! not 15 yards away.
The BONGS cannot be heard even with the windows wide open.

I see. Could be all the council tower blocks blocking the sound then.

Our friend brewski here is having trouble shorting DAX. What advice can you offer him ?

You should NOT be trading with real money until you have learned how to hedge positions!
Read some books on HEDGING by using derivatives intruments.
Trading ONE direction ( as you put it) is the first step for trading novices. The advanced traders make money from those who trade this psychology!

Sorry to interrupt, can you recommend a good book on the subject?

You should NOT be trading with real money until you have learned how to hedge positions!
Read some books on HEDGING by using derivatives intruments.
Trading ONE direction ( as you put it) is the first step for trading novices. The advanced traders make money from those who trade this psychology!

Ok so why would I trade both directions at the same time?

Sorry to interrupt, can you recommend a good book on the subject?

This one is pretty good:

complete_idiots_guide_gambling_like_pro_book.png

My advice is DONT SHORT DAX OR ANY OTHER INDEX without using other instruments as hedge! I made this clear in my posts!
You have ears but cannot hear!
You have eyes but cannot see!
You have brains but you are lacking trading knowledge and Wisdom.

Those with wisdom & knowledge always have the edge over the majority!

What would you use to hedge? I keep asking but you're giving no actual answers

My advice is DONT SHORT DAX OR ANY OTHER INDEX without using other instruments as hedge! I made this clear in my posts!
You have ears but cannot hear!
You have eyes but cannot see!
You have brains but you are lacking trading knowledge and Wisdom.

Those with wisdom & knowledge always have the edge over the majority!

Why can I not hedge with my own cash ? I then pay myself the commission, which means more profit for my account. Not only do I get capital gain, I also get commission income.

I did answer but your brains cannot comprehend! Wisdom / knowledge / Hedging!

Read books on hedging using derivatives before you open any Short or LONG positions. This advice is free and you will thank me for it when it starts to sink in!

Advising me to read books isn't answering my question. Are you hedging using options like foroom? I don't have much of a clue on how options work, I started to look at what they are but I admit I got bored. I'm a simple guy, I've got a few numbers on the screen and occasionally some go up and some go down. On another day others go down and others go up.

Anyway, here's my DAX buy and I'm still waiting to short usd/jpy

Attachments

• 8 Trade.jpg
    8 Trade.jpg
    550.9 KB · Views: 134
lol

FL wasnt his first time here , i suspect he had 20 nics in the past ... and yes larrystone is FL duh .

lol

FL wasnt his first time here , i suspect he had 20 nics in the past ... and yes larrystone is FL duh .

Hmmm, not sure. If they are one and the same, his English has improved immeasurably...