Bitcoin future?

It's hard to imagine the future of bitcoin. I hope that it will only grow in price.

im currently consulting for a company dealing with some blockchain related industries

ive had to do some in-depth research to ensure what we are doing is sensible and relatively risk averse

Blockchain is the future......anyone saying otherwise is the equivalent of the non believers of the WWWeb potential back in the 90s when they said it would never catch on..........

Cryptocurrencies are just a subset of what this technology offers ....good and bad ......

cryptocurrencies will come and go ......so im not so fussed about them ...i'm more interested in the blockchain applications to solving real world business problems and issues ....thats where the money is ..... any currency launched related to this will thrive
so look out for them

N
That`s a good point of view. (y)

IMO blockchain is like "e-commerce" on January 1st 2000. Extremely overrated in the short term and extremely underrated in the long term.
I will be interested when I read about how blockchain was a failure and is a word no one wants anything to do with. Right now everyone just puppets the same idea "well I don't really like bitcoin but blockchain...oh that is great stuff". When this happens you need more than just a bear market, you need a nuclear winter to get rid of all the malinvestment and dumb ideas to clear things out for the actual good ideas. Not to mention we will almost certainly need quantum blockchains long term.

Last edited:
IMO blockchain is like "e-commerce" on January 1st 2000. Extremely overrated in the short term and extremely underrated in the long term.

This sounds pretty confusing. Buying crypto for short-term is a bad idea, but hodling make sense? Anyway crypto traders enjoy pretty high volatility and relatively easy opportunities to find price inefficiencies to build trading strategies. Currency and other markets are much more efficient, IMO

This sounds pretty confusing. Buying crypto for short-term is a bad idea, but hodling make sense? Anyway crypto traders enjoy pretty high volatility and relatively easy opportunities to find price inefficiencies to build trading strategies. Currency and other markets are much more efficient, IMO
This sounds not confusing but small minded. (no hard feelings) And like you said it I have that crypto theory: short-term - just trading, long-term - holding.

Perhaps one should wait until the heavy weights like Amazon. Walmart, Buffet etc. start using Bitcoin.
Or even better when the corner shop accepts it as normal to pay for $10 purchases.

While cryptos are mostly bought/sold for speculative purposes I think the future of it is bleak.
However if Joe Public can be persuaded to pay for everyday purchases with it then it has a future.

BTC might not have a future but stablecoins will. China just announced there be issuing yuan backed DCEP coin.

Bitcoin is alive only because of pumps. They are just done at the right moment, so they can be associated with some fundamental events what will in turn justify "true" interest to the crypto market. It's all about manipulations, you know

Hi. Let`s talk about bitcoin and it`s future. What are you thinking?

I'm thinking you were asleep and missed the bottom.

I'm thinking you're doing the same thing again - Nov 22 low. Get some coffee and use a STOP. Then stop talking and DO!

No one can predict actually, as suddenly bitcoins came into limelight no one knew that people will make such anonymous profit through bitcoin.

So, basically no one can tell what exactly the scenario is going to be.

Best to just stay in doors and lock all doors and windows and just use central air to breathe. Don't open the door for even the mailman. When Bitcoin hits the next bull high, come out and call your broker and buy the top and ride the downwave like a champ all the way to another bottom ................ and then tell all your friends, "I told you so, don't trust Bitcoin"

I am lite bit worried about bitcoin current move. Any idea where it can move in January 2020?
I bought from 7000

I'm thinking you were asleep and missed the bottom.

I'm thinking you're doing the same thing again - Nov 22 low. Get some coffee and use a STOP. Then stop talking and DO!
And i`m thinking you`re missing the point for this thread! So don`t get so instructive and keep a good tone.

Bitcoin:

Buy stop = 7200 (right above the thick red trendline shown in 1H chart)

If no joy in reversal, then next downside target = 5,984 - 6,000

Bitcoin:

View attachment 271914

See quote first ..............

There appears to be a breakout on 1H, but its still under my buy stop of 7,200. There is no other confirmation to go LONG.
Even the indicators are not responding to my "go Bitty, go"

If I get triggered I'm placing my STOP at 6635

NVP's way of thinking about Bitcoin? :)

A Bitcoin trader walks into a bar, orders a whiskey, pays the bartender one bitcoin and says, "By this time tomorrow it might be worth a million bucks!"

The bartender pours him a glass of water and says, "By this time tomorrow it might be Scotch."

Bitcoin:

View attachment 271914

Triggered. See chart in quote, then updated below. Too early to tell doodly but indicators are just about starting to break out - resistance at 200-pd ema on 1H is significant as its sloping down quite hard. Don't have much hope in this trade. STOP is at 6635 as stated in post #44