A new (lulz) high

Yeah, you can take my place I've had enough.

A couple of points before I hang up my boots:

1. No, I don't have the time nor the inclination to read every post.

2, 1.07 Vendors are welcome but they can’t sell. Any vendor representative who is prepared to share valuable information, join in discussions or deal with questions about their services will be welcomed. If they cross the line into selling the offending content will be deleted.

If "cross the line" isn't subjective I dunno what is.

3. The vendor thing won't improve markedly until the new policy/guidelines are thrashed out. You've all been told this so many times one wonders who it is that's doing the listening.

4. Mods and staff back each other up because they know for a fact what T2W's aims are - and that's a far cry from the conspiracy theory assumptions that are so prevalent on here. And also because they know how much hard work is going on behind the scenes to improve things.

5. And yes, LM, VG is probably the only one who cares - what bollox you come out with. I certainly couldn't give a toss anymore and I'll just enjoy arguing with HM and the company of the ftse boys instead.

jon

So if people want T2Win to improve, then they should be a mod. And now you're resigning your modding duties?

Some things have improved, and people have pointed that out. I agree those things you mention are subjective, and that's part of the problem, and why I and others have hassled Steve about the Guidelines.

If you enjoy being a mod, then no need to resign. If you don't, fair enough.

You say you and staff know what the aims are. Aims and actions are very different.

If I think about quality posters, whether they were great traders or blew their accounts a dozen times, people that immediately spring to mind (just for getting you to think):

Socrates
Aleph Sigma Chi
theBramble

and others I can't quite remember right now

Banned, banned and banned.

And now the hare too. And what for? 'Enough was enough'.

And then there are the temp bans for members who are actually helping other members, pboyles springs to mind, and there are others.

Meanwhile vendors of all sorts with nothing to offer who flagrantly flout the rules in trying to sell and advertise continue to flourish

EDIT: I should have said 'aims and VISIBLE actions' are different. Can't rule out lots of wonderful stuff behind the scenes.

Last edited:
Well I don't know. Maybe temp, maybe permanent. I did ask, but wasn't answered.

Enough was enough sounds more on the side of permanent to me.

Get rid of the person highlighting the problem,
instead of fixing the problem... :rolleyes:
If no one grabs the bull by the horns, FF and Elite will be the winners.

thanks again for the pm, it does show somebody at least cares.

I think we all care here, otherwise we wouldn't be mods.

This all goes beyond us, though. Lack of attention/proactivity or bad decisions or whatever is really irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. These can be fixed and learned from.

T2W's problems go a bit further than that, however, which I won't get into. I think targeting the moderatorship for all this is a bit unfair. We are bound to make mistakes once in a while, as the volume of these things is tough to keep up with, and we'll get criticized for it. This doesn't address the board's larger issues, though, which we don't have any control over, and which are the real problems frustrating everyone involved. Until these get resolved, I can't say anyone's going to be happy.

------

As for Barjon, if you are leaving -- Godspeed. You've served the community well and to the best of your ability. Thanks for the work. :)

Well I don't know. Maybe temp, maybe permanent. I did ask, but don't think that was ever answered.

Enough was enough sounds more on the side of permanent to me.

Hare is permanent.

Let's start with the Hare shall we. The decision to ban this person was mine and I acted without consultation. There's a massive difference between pointing out problems and inventing things to suit your own agenda and this was a characteristic of most of the posts he/she made about T2W. There's a history with the Hare that goes back to the roots of the business, I don't know what this is and frankly I do not care.

I reached out both publicly and privately to try and establish a working relationship and this was met with silence. Instead he/she continued at almost every opportunity to not only criticise but invent theories that were simply not true.

He/she often said that it was a surprise that their input was tolerated as they had posted little of value for quite some time. That tolerance was finally stretched beyond breaking point when he accused Barjon/T2W of being in cahoots with brokers on the long/short at the same time thread.

But that's not the only reason. There's a poison here and it needs to be ripped out for good.

I know how hard we all work on staff and I know how hard the mods work.

I also know there is no vendor support agenda, if there was it would come from me.

I also know that we do all we do for the members.

So, I check in on a Monday morning having been away for a few days to find that the issues of the last few weeks have taken a turn for the worse, ending with the public resignation of one of the most respected and dedicated members of the community.

And you did this. You bitch and moan about why this person and that person was banned (who in all the cases I have investigated deserved it) and then proceed to hound someone out of office.

You complain when new guidelines are introduced that the place is turning onto a police state then demand even more precision as subjectivity is no longer appropriate. Which way do you want it?

I could go on but it is probably best that I do not whilst feelings are running high but there is more to come and i'll not let this place decline any further. If that means more upset then so be it.

But, let's be clear about a few things before I leave this.

1. We do not and will never read all posts, we do not have the resources to do it. If some of you who reckon things are so bad would like to step up to the plate and help out then maybe we would.

2. We rely on a reported post system like it or not. If you can't be bothered to report posts then you'll reap what you sow. If the report posts system is not working then we'll fix it but it is not going to be removed.

3. We will not be going to paid moderation unless we have to .We deal with several defamation claims a month and our first line of defence is that we were unaware of the content. As soon as we use paid staff this line of defence is gone. So paid mods would mean severe clampdown on any discussion of allegedly dodgy practice, in fact we would probably not allow it at all. Is that what you want?

I have much more to say on all of this but i'll stop there for now. I need to seriously consider all of the events of the last few weeks and make some decisions that are not just on day to day operations (and yes, the vendor thing). I need to take a long hard look at the future of the boards, where we are positioned and how we once again have found ourselves in a most unsatisfactory position despite our best effort to create the opposite.

I say, do away with the vendor badge. And we remove all and any posts with any forming of advertising, linking. No if's, no buts

On another note, perhaps all mods go on strike for 7 days, then maybe you lot will realize how much content we are actually removing on a daily basis, and what a mess this place would be without us!

Last edited:
Get rid of the person highlighting the problem,
instead of fixing the problem... :rolleyes:
If no one grabs the bull by the horns, FF and Elite will be the winners.

Oh come on - The Hare is a huge problem here.

All he does is moan & whine here and pick faults with the place.

If he was a guest at your house, you'd kick him out in 20 minutes.

He's a sh!t stirrer, anyone can see that. He has is own particular brand of trolling and it is extremely tiresome.

Some house cleaning going on somewhere? My post count took a sizable hit and I have barely posted much lately. Any threads deleted? What did I miss?

Peter

Oh come on - The Hare is a huge problem here.

All he does is moan & whine here and pick faults with the place.

If he was a guest at your house, you'd kick him out in 20 minutes.

He's a sh!t stirrer, anyone can see that. He has is own particular brand of trolling and it is extremely tiresome.

Everyone who highlights things that are wrong with the board and how it's run are a problem though aren't they?

I can certainly see why he was banned. That doesn't mean I agree with it, or that the board is better without him.

Everyone who highlights things that are wrong with the board and how it's run are a problem though aren't they?

I can certainly see why he was banned. That doesn't mean I agree with it, or that the board is better without him.

No they are not and never have been. Whenever anything has been brought to my attention I have dealt with it and I have always taken criticism on the chin whether I agree with it or not.

Although it does not feel like it (for both parties) we are supposed to be on the same side and aiming for the same things.

Hare did not constructively criticise, he had an agenda. Even when things were quiet on the problem front he could not bear it and had to find something to stir things up with.

I'll remind you he was short T2W and how often he said he was adding to that position, then proceeding to manipulate the market in his favour so he could tell us all how smart he was.

No, Shakone, they are not, lol!

Constructive criticism, offered with the best interests of the site and its members at heart, is very welcome. Always has been and always will be. The bulk of the hare's posts (about T2W anyway) are the absolute antithesis of this. Most of them were wholly negative and motivated by his desire to see the demise of the site.
Tim.

I do think he overstayed his welcome here. Shame. For someone who always claimed he never posted anything useful he did occasionally have some good insights. But really there's no one to blame but himself for the ban.

Of course now he can return as a multi-nic and tell us all how he was silenced for telling the truth, etc... no doubt that's what he wanted.

lol @ your pm rep comment. :LOL:

Peter

Last edited:
Well, re-reading your post Steve,

"And you did this. You bitch and moan about why this person and that person was banned (who in all the cases I have investigated deserved it) and then proceed to hound someone out of office"

"You complain when new guidelines are introduced"

"Which way do you want it?"

Some of these apply to me, but this plural 'you' doesn't have one opinion or one thing that's wanted, so you can't expect it to. You are given suggestions, ultimately you choose, and some will be happy, others unhappy. You don't have to listen to the unhappy ones, but you also can't expect to pull the wool over their eyes.

Constructive criticism is apparently welcomed, but I don't have to look far back to see LM having to go on the defensive because he suggested mods be more proactive. I criticised BArjon for his handling of something, and apparently he was hounded out of office :|

Although it does not feel like it (for both parties) we are supposed to be on the same side and aiming for the same things.

Aiming for the same things...I'd like good, interesting trading content, and a good atmosphere.

So recently I see the site lose two educational/interesting members in the hare and Lee, and also (perhaps) lose a good mod in Barjon. Yet you're venting only about Barjon, who is still here to post content whether he resigns as mod or not. The loss in trading content is where? Which are you angry about? Are you sure we are aiming for the same things?

Don't be ridiculous.

The Hare had an anti-T2W agenda, he was at it for years. He wasn't just pointing out problems. He was revelling in the problems, enjoying every moment of picking faults with T2W.