A new (lulz) high

the hare

Regular contributors to t2w may be aware of the leopards marvelous thread titled "a new low" which is being used to track the decline in t2ws fortunes. We haven't had a new low for a while, we are still stuck in consolidation but I'm sure a new impulse wave is on the cards soon enough, in which direction, only time will tell (but I have no plans to be covering my short yet)

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/site-news-feedback/149122-new-low.html

I thought that perhaps as weve seen new highs in lulz provided by the "can you be long and short at the same time" thread, then a similar thread could be started. I doubt that this high will ever be surpassed, so I'm short t2w lulz index.

In the unlikely event that this pinnacle of lulz is ever surpassed, or a lulz reversal is imminent, lets hear about it !

I think we need a 'can you be short and long at the same time', in which we discuss teh radical difference between this brilliant strategy and being 'long and short at teh same time'.

I think we need a 'can you be short and long at the same time', in which we discuss teh radical difference between this brilliant strategy and being 'long and short at teh same time'.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

A quality contribution, and I'm sure a real dilemma for those considering this amazing strategy

There's certainly an abundant seam of lulz to be mined there.

:LOL:

So you are short t2w. When you think it will turn do you close the short or enter a new long to hedge your profit with insurance. Lolololololololol

So you are short t2w. When you think it will turn do you close the short or enter a new long to hedge your profit with insurance. Lolololololololol

I don't think it will turn :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Sorry couldn't resist

You need to close the two positions simultaneously, then open some more longs and shorts, preferably scaling in, thereby paying as much commission as possible.

You need to close the two positions simultaneously, then open some more longs and shorts, preferably scaling in, thereby paying as much commission as possible.

Reminds me of the good old days exploiting the old Islamic account loophole.

I don't think it will turn :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Sorry couldn't resist

Ok in that case do you:

1. Add to your short position.

2. Close your short thus protecting your profit and then open a new larger short.

Ps: I woke up at 7.59am today and simultaneously went long FTSE £10 pp with one bucket shop and £10pp short with another. So far I am doing alright, I am only down £20 (twice teh spread). I seem to have 50% strike rate so far. Hopefully it will come good.

Ok in that case do you:

1. Add to your short position.

2. Close your short thus protecting your profit and then open a new larger short.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

obviously id go for option 2, you have to protect profits innit ! :LOL:

I disagree i think it will turn so i will short the LULZ here and martingale if i have to :D

surely one mans definition of "Long" is another mans definition of "short" ?

thats what I tell the wife anyway...........
N

Seriously, why is it that the vast majority of people that have something interesting to say either get banned or leave..??

Seems I missed all the action. As trader333 no doubt already knows I'm hiding behind a new fake IP this week. Was The Hare banned?

Seems I missed all the action. As trader333 no doubt already knows I'm hiding behind a new fake IP this week. Was The Hare banned?

Temp I think?
For suggesting that T2W promote practices such as increasing trading costs
for no reason, to benefit advertising brokers.
Not that I take that view off course...:)

I also noticed that profitsniper has gone. Was he one of the hare's multinics? :LOL:

Who would have thought profitsniper would be banned...and I wonder why?