A Moderator's View

SOCRATES said:
I only asked because on Monday afternoon I popped out for a few minutes to catch the last post and in my absence my phone rang and my wife took the call from someone in the US who left a number which happens to be hers and she wrote the name as Rash or Raski and when I picked up the note it looked like Rash' ....like an h in the name with a dot on top..... that is why I asked.....I am now informed the lady is a spectacular blonde who mesmerises all the guys..yes ? no?

if you do speak to her, send her my love, and tell her I am a big fan. :D

anyone who knows Linda cant be all bad.

A fan of her's or a fan of her trading ?

Just so I get the message right

trendie said:
if you do speak to her, send her my love, and tell her I am a big fan. :D

anyone who knows Linda cant be all bad.

I know Linda, used to trade with the old FX gang there. Pretty good traders they were too. I can't be all bad, eh? :)

"starspacer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chump
"De Chantilya '91 ".... who stocks ?
Apologies Jon ..but don't delete please until he replies, at least .. I'd like to find this

Not for sale dear Chump. My vineyard at Saint Emilion stocks. "

Now now Little Johnny ,do you not remember in the playground when that nice teacher remonstrated with you to share ! and you said , "yes miss" ...are you not a man of your word ? ;)

linesniffer said:
Homebrew?

You don't drink it in the shed at the bottom of the garden do you?

:cheesy:
Yes, indeed, home brew. I press the Merlot grape until highly concentrated. This provides for a tannic, powerful complexity with a hint of raspberries, cherries, blackcurrant, but enveloped in a distinctive 'oaky' flavour. Rather like Premier Cru, but better. Not to be confused with St Emilion of Australia, where the wines are bland, thin and of no importance.

I used 6 months trading profit to purchase the chateau and vineyard. It is located suitably away from the Mob and can only be accessed by helicopter.

I shall enjoy a glass now. :D

"I used 6 months trading profit to purchase the chateau " ......and just consider had you but shared one measly bottle you could have had acess to the chumpometre which would have prevented a 3 day loss in writing options without the necessary margin which ends in the sorry sale and tale of this......for sale :(

http://www.green-acres.com/en/properties/12996.htm

LOL..ok I know it's not the right area ,but I was struggling to get one closer .

JTrader said:
Hi

I promise i'm not working for them, but the Forexfactory model is ideal. Stricter rules/methodology when you sign up. People at FF go there to be constructive and to learn and improve - these are my initial impressions, and threads seem to generally remain more focused, with fewer urine extractors.
Perhaps this is helped by the streamlined nature of FF, in that people are only trading forex.
But if T2W is remodelling itself, so that the forex forum becomes the main forum, it has a lot to do to catch up with FF. The trading strategies forum at FF is really strong.

I now feel that i was a bit wrong about Forex Factory.

Threads at FF become unbelievably long and difficult to follow, and by the end of the thread, what started as a promising strategy/thread may have descended into chaos.

The majority of FF members seem to be using Metatrader 4 charts.

It's a bit like a MT4 appreciation society in some ways...........& if it ain't in MT4 language it ain't coming in..................I now find FF slightly peculiar, disorientating & confusing..........
:confused:

starspacer said:
Yes, indeed, home brew. I press the Merlot grape until highly concentrated. This provides for a tannic, powerful complexity with a hint of raspberries, cherries, blackcurrant, but enveloped in a distinctive 'oaky' flavour. Rather like Premier Cru, but better. Not to be confused with St Emilion of Australia, where the wines are bland, thin and of no importance.

I used 6 months trading profit to purchase the chateau and vineyard. It is located suitably away from the Mob and can only be accessed by helicopter.

I shall enjoy a glass now. :D

only reachable by helicpoter eh?

very james bond.

you dont half talk some krap.

charliechan said:
only reachable by helicpoter eh?

very james bond.

you dont half talk some krap.
My dear CharlieChan, it is not my intention to be like 'James Bond'. I much prefer a Wittgensteinien life - away from the mob - but quietly observing from a distance. No doubt, eventually, the Mob will overrun the land I have so carefully cultivated & I will be forced to move on. So be it. But, you see, I have 'made it', they haven't. That is sufficient satisfaction.

One day, I will relate to you all the parable of 'Ralph The Spaniel'. I promise you, it will teach you things about trading you didn't know you didn't know.

You may throw away your trading books. I am convinced that 'Ralph The Spaniel' will raise you all to the 'next level' of trading mastery.

Whether the Censors ('The Thirty') will permit you to have this knowledge. Well, that is another matter......

starspacer said:
. So be it. But, you see, I have 'made it', they haven't. That is sufficient satisfaction.
[]

...bloody hell, considering you've "made it", is internet bulletin board banter the best thing you can do with your Friday evenings? ;)

UTB

Last edited:
the blades said:
...bloody hell, considering you've "made it", is internet bulletin board banter the best thing you can do with your Friday evenings? ;)

UTB

No. It takes but a moment. That is all The Mob deserve. :D

I must now attend to more pressing matters. The study of Wittgenstein as pertaining to Trading Mastery.

starspacer said:

I must now attend to more pressing matters. The study of Wittgenstein as pertaining to Trading Mastery.

Who is Wittgenstein ? and isnt he just a part of the mob that thinks ? hmm when you say mob, do you mean people in a crowd situation ,as in a group behaving together or do you mean that a single person living on his own is still considered one of the mob even though the number of the mob is 1 ?

starspacer said:

wow, blue, pink and.......BIG

you da man! :LOL:

UTB

Last edited:
CRAPb,
Wittgenstein maybe the only philospher whom I would not define in terms of usefulnsess to be best suited to a doorstop.He was as much a linguist as a philospher understanding that language and it's use or misuse was at the heart of the problems faced in trying to analyse ,or codify the human condition . Other than that he was probably substantially unbalanced mentally ,indeed he was the only one of four brothers who did not commit suicide. In the context given though I suspect our poster simply means he prefers the ascetic lifestyle as opposed to being more socially active which is not unusual in itself.

Crap Buddist said:
Who is Wittgenstein ? and isnt he just a part of the mob that thinks ? hmm when you say mob, do you mean people in a crowd situation ,as in a group behaving together or do you mean that a single person living on his own is still considered one of the mob even though the number of the mob is 1 ?
My god buddist, you don't know who one of the leading thinkers of all time was? You serious?

As for the Mob. They are the 'great unwashed'. You can usually smell them a mile off.

You can tell them by the words they use - words like 'dude', 'crap', Da Man' and other such nonsense.

They can usually be found congregating at football matches.

starspacer said:
My god buddist, you don't know who one of the leading thinkers of all time was? You serious?

As for the Mob. They are the 'great unwashed'. You can usually smell them a mile off.

You can tell them by the words they use - words like 'dude', 'crap', Da Man' and other such nonsense.

They can usually be found congregating at football matches.

Cheers starspacer, and the answer is no I dont know who he was , ive never heard of him, but I will have a look to see where he was with his thinking.

Some say knowledge not shared is not worth having, so since you have shared it here then maybe its worth a look into . cheers.

As for the mob, and language thing, footie matches etc. I think we live in times that more people are playing it along the lines of "we know that you think you know that we dont know."

They can live at that level and adjust to suit the desired "wanting of exeperience" to blend in with the mob (if they see themselves as different) .

Sort of keep em guessing, who am I ? who do you want me to be ? I'll see if thats doable for you.

So I say to judge on what we encounter may not be as it is, but its made to appear that way.

I'll check that bloke out , thanks again.

Wittgenstein wrote the seminal work 'Tractatus'. Anyone who really understands his writings (most don't) knows that it is all nonsense.

But, and here's the rub, anyone who understands that it is all nonsense, has achieved the required Thought Mastery. They can 'kick away' the prop of Tractatus and move to a higher level. Wittgenstein merely served as a 'footman' to give people a 'leg up'.

In relation to this thread, I believe censorship should not occur because censorship acts as a prop. Kick the prop away, gentlemen, kick it away.

Enjoyment of football (alien as that concept is to myself) in no way tells you anything about the mental capacities of those who do choose to attend these events - in any large collection of humanity you are quite likely to get a fair range of human types... from the very dense to the very bright. Some of the very dense are delightful people, some of the very bright are utter s***s who I wouldn't grind up for dogfood - it's unfair to dogs.
Thought mastery eh? Quite amazing how those privileged to attain mastery are so good at spotting how inferior everyone else is, isn't it? Must be some sort of knack. Here's an elitist view for you then - real masters wouldn't be quoting other people.

DaveJB said:
Enjoyment of football (alien as that concept is to myself) in no way tells you anything about the mental capacities of those who do choose to attend these events - in any large collection of humanity you are quite likely to get a fair range of human types... from the very dense to the very bright. Some of the very dense are delightful people, some of the very bright are utter s***s who I wouldn't grind up for dogfood - it's unfair to dogs.
Thought mastery eh? Quite amazing how those privileged to attain mastery are so good at spotting how inferior everyone else is, isn't it? Must be some sort of knack. Here's an elitist view for you then - real masters wouldn't be quoting other people.
No Dave jb, you just don't understand. I don't blame you. It just is 'as is'.

I would encourage you to read more of Russell, perhaps the Principia. It would help you enormously, I'm sure.