A Moderator's View

LOL......."At least CYOF has his own mind" .....I've got to tell you linguistics is my true love and if I am going to read it then you need to be particularly careful what you post ... "At least"...ROFL ...but I wouldn't disagree .....I hope you're not having the Chianti and Flava tonight

starspacer said:
At least CYOF has his own mind. He is not a manipulated puppet of The Thirty. You might think him 'directionless', but at least he speaks honestly and without a nod to The Thirty.

CYOF may not be a manipulated puppet of the 30, but he has become a manipulated puppet, and even the puppet master publicly acknowledges this. Although this is an interesting example of crowd psychology and manipulation this state of affairs ultimately isnt good for CYOF, Trade 2 Win, its moderators, or readers.

I sympathise with Barjon's position, but ultimately the responsibility for resolving these issues lies with the site owners.

regards
zupcon

Last edited:
chump said:
LOL......."At least CYOF has his own mind" .....I've got to tell you linguistics is my true love and if I am going to read it then you need to be particularly careful what you post ... "At least"...ROFL ...but I wouldn't disagree .....I hope you're not having the Chianti and Flava tonight
No, it's the De Chantilya '91 tonight. A nice mellow olive & roasted chestnut flavour with slight redcurrant undertone and a hint of matured oak.

I do recommend :cheesy:

starspacer

zupcon said:
I sympathise with Barjon's position, but ultimately the responsibility for resolving these issues lies with the site owners.

Agree.
On a serious note, something similar to the current TW2 situation occured on a forum (far more popular than T2W, no offence) I inhabit last year (ie bunch of trolling muppets trying to bring the site down, mods getting really depressed, lots of bad feeling etc).

The muppets bluff was called (ie go start up your own site, multiple bans etc), they left, peace immmediately broke out & muppets board died a natural with 3 months.

"De Chantilya '91 ".... who stocks ?
Apologies Jon ..but don't delete please until he replies, at least .. I'd like to find this

starspacer said:
At least CYOF has his own mind. He is not a manipulated puppet of The Thirty. You might think him 'directionless', but at least he speaks honestly and without a nod to The Thirty.

Truth ranks above servility my friend.

starspacer
Plagarism is not speaking one's own mind. Talking about expectancy over and over and making out that you are speaking some hidden truth rather than acknowledging Van Tharp said it long before you did is also not speaking one's own mind. Neither is asking Socrates permission before writing up his apparently own story.

You can have a go at "the thirty" all you like. It seems rather hollow though when you are holding up CYOF as a shining example of what happens when one "thinks for themselves".

Cheers,
PKFFW

PKFFW said:
Plagarism is not speaking one's own mind. Talking about expectancy over and over and making out that you are speaking some hidden truth rather than acknowledging Van Tharp said it long before you did is also not speaking one's own mind. Neither is asking Socrates permission before writing up his apparently own story.

You can have a go at "the thirty" all you like. It seems rather hollow though when you are holding up CYOF as a shining example of what happens when one "thinks for themselves".

Cheers,
PKFFW
There's a lot of talk about this Van Tharp person...who exactly is he and what is it about ?
And who is this Linda Rash as well ?

SOCRATES said:
There's a lot of talk about this Van Tharp person...who exactly is he and what is it about ?
I don't want to go off topic. Ask CYOF about Van Tharp, it is obvious he knows who I am talking about.

I have no idea who Linda Rash is.

Cheers,
PKFFW

ducati998 said:
et al

My vote still goes for the option of the thread starter having moderation rights on his thread.
The purpose is to try and retain the talent.

If every time an interesting thread is destroyed by off-topic ramping, nonsense, ego, etc T2W will simply be left with the rampers and novice posters.

Already you have a number of private forums, and I assume they work reasonably well, as their respective moderators are still here.

Thus should the same privilege be extended into the public forums a similar result could be expected. Most people will not persist in posting in a thread in which their post is simply deleted. If they do, then a bit more work for the moderator.

The system is self-regulating via feedback, or price discovery on a chart. If the moderator is too heavy handed people will sell the thread, and if just right they will buy the thread assuming the product has economic utility.

Banning members has failed miserably.
Current moderators are outnumbered.
Move to the laissez faire model, capitalism at its most pure.

For those against my girls three points;
*you shouldn't be wasting your employers money playing.....do some work
*they are only to highlight the problem.
*once a satisfactory solution is reached there will be no further requirement for their services.

jog on
d998

Errrmmm... do you actually bother to read what people write? :rolleyes:
You were asked by the moderator a number of times to stop posting them, but you persisted. So you are right, the problem it has highlighted is you and therefore the satisfactory solution is to ban you. Then there will be no further requirement for their services.

SOCRATES said:

Come now dear Soccy, stop being so blase about it, eh? You are always saying Market Wizards are good books. Linda Raschke is in the New Market Wizards. It doesn't become you to try and look out of touch, does it now dear socs? peace!

"And who is this Linda Rash as well ?" ..I think she married Ivor Clap and they went on to become quite famous holding clinics ,but if you are Gonn'a 'hea'r' more you'll need to consult a professional.

I wont have anyone saying anything bad about lovely Linda Bradford Raschke!

Her "Holy Grail" method formed the basis of my fave "pullback entry to trend", and gave me a lower-stress edge than MA-X-overs!!

NB: Holy Grail, aka Jimmer slingshot, also a variant of DiNapoli MACD/Stochs method.

Say NO to Smut

chump said:
"And who is this Linda Rash as well ?" ..I think she married Ivor Clap and they went on to become quite famous holding clinics ,but if you are Gonn'a 'hea'r' more you'll need to consult a professional.

Wash your mouth out sir ! Damn smut - keep it off the board I say !! - hrmmph !!

Angry of Tunbridge Wells. :eek:
:cheesy:

trendie said:
I wont have anyone saying anything bad about lovely Linda Bradford Raschke!

Her "Holy Grail" method formed the basis of my fave "pullback entry to trend", and gave me a lower-stress edge than MA-X-overs!!

NB: Holy Grail, aka Jimmer slingshot, also a variant of DiNapoli MACD/Stochs method.
I only asked because on Monday afternoon I popped out for a few minutes to catch the last post and in my absence my phone rang and my wife took the call from someone in the US who left a number which happens to be hers and she wrote the name as Rash or Raski and when I picked up the note it looked like Rash' ....like an h in the name with a dot on top..... that is why I asked.....I am now informed the lady is a spectacular blonde who mesmerises all the guys..yes ? no?

SOCRATES said:
I only asked because on Monday afternoon I popped out for a few minutes to catch the last post and in my absence my phone rang and my wife took the call from someone in the US who left a number which happens to be hers and she wrote the name as Rash or Raski and when I picked up the note it looked like Rash' ....like an h in the name with a dot on top..... that is why I asked.....I am now informed the lady is a spectacular blonde who mesmerises all the guys..yes ? no?

If Linda phoned you it was probably to chastise you for having a go at that DC2000 fellow :LOL:

chump said:
"De Chantilya '91 ".... who stocks ?
Apologies Jon ..but don't delete please until he replies, at least .. I'd like to find this
Not for sale dear Chump. My vineyard at Saint Emilion stocks. :D