Desktop view

barjon

Legendary member
I must have inadvertently pressed some button or another since I've now got T2W in "desktop view" it says in capitals at the bottom of the page. Can't get a proper home page, etc. Just some headline buttons - Forums, New Posts, Inbox and Log Out - nothing else.

Go to New Posts and the threads come up but no way to go straight to the recent post just goes to the thread start .

HELP

My nexus 6p is currently showing the site as you describe, in a (half working) mobile version.

It has happened to me before when viewing over my smartphone - but then it goes back to normal a few hours or a day later... I'm guessing some admin is trying to upgrade the site, or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

Barjon, are you using a mobile or tablet, or just your regular computer?
If you're on a computer try this link: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/index.php?styleid=14

What you're describing, as f2calv is a new mobile friendly version of the site we're currently testing. It looks like the link to view the Desktop Version isn't working unfortunately. So that needs to be fixed.

Basically since we don't currently optimize T2W on mobile, Google penalises us in the search rankings when searching on your phone, so that's a big incentive to update them, apart from also the idea that it should, in theory, be easier to read the forums with the new mobile template. All feedback appreciated whilst we continue to test and before we officially launch! :)

Barjon, are you using a mobile or tablet, or just your regular computer?
If you're on a computer try this link: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/index.php?styleid=14

What you're describing, as f2calv is a new mobile friendly version of the site we're currently testing. It looks like the link to view the Desktop Version isn't working unfortunately. So that needs to be fixed.

Basically since we don't currently optimize T2W on mobile, Google penalises us in the search rankings when searching on your phone, so that's a big incentive to update them, apart from also the idea that it should, in theory, be easier to read the forums with the new mobile template. All feedback appreciated whilst we continue to test and before we officially launch! :)
Yeah, on my iPad - I'm away so can't check pc.

It wouldn't be so bad if you could get directly to the new post in a thread as you could before. I don't use much else than new posts unless I'm searching for something specific.

Good catch! I'll get that added to the mobile skin, and I've turned off the auto-detection, so if you now click the Desktop Version or the link I posted above in your ipad then it should go back to the way it was :D

On your computer it would always show normally, as this change only effects phones/tablets.

Good catch! I'll get that added to the mobile skin, and I've turned off the auto-detection, so if you now click the Desktop Version or the link I posted above in your ipad then it should go back to the way it was :D

On your computer it would always show normally, as this change only effects phones/tablets.

Thank you kind sir :D