US markets

How did this thread degenerate into such a bad attack on Genics?
Makes me think he was not the only one who had a bad week ...

Wow, things sure fly off into ugly fast around here!
It touches my heart the way people reach out to others with words of encouragement.
Now, if only the jesus of trading were here to help.

the fact that the thread was only reported after the incidents and not during, may have contributed to things denenerating to the point of abuse at the end ;)

thread cleaned up, now play nicely people!

leovirgo, it took me a few years to really understand the subtle difference between a system and a methodology and many would argue it's all just semantics and there is no difference between the two. I suppose it is a case of how much time and effort one puts into trading.

I would agree with you and say that a system is 'fixed' or rigid whereas a methodology is adaptable and evolves along with the skill and experience of a trader. Another person used a better expression and referred to a system as being inert. Perhaps you could say that a traders edge is what makes the difference between a system and methodology.

Yes, I have been killed in the past and when I look back I can pinpoint exactly why. It has nothing to do with the market and everything to do with me either breaking my rules or trading at a time when I was not nearly as experienced as I am now.

I always give practical tips but they are either ignored or criticized so I don't bother much anymore. I tell people what HAS worked for me. I tell people what HAS turned me into a better and profitable trader and what I get in return is "nonsense because the market is this and that and nobody can do this or that.....etc".

But, because you asked with such sincerity, I will try giving you some practical tips.

1) Study your losses to find out and learn what you are doing wrong so you can avoid it.
2) Study your winners to find out what you are doing right and repeat it.
3) Always trade with a stop placed as close as possible to your entry.
4) Study, Study, Study, Study
5) Make notes whenever you are trading or sitting at your computer observing. Make notes no matter how significant or insignificant you think they might be. A thought or an idea might just be the seedling to an entirely new methodology.
6) Do not take guesses or punts, you should only trade on a near certainty.
7) Do not force a trade, let it 'arrive' naturally.
8) You do NOT have to make a trade everyday. This is very important!

That's all for now.

Thanks NT. I agree 100% with you.

I am here for two things - 1. to learn, 2. to share. Constructive posts are always welcome! (y)

Excellent post, pity it will soon disappear into a forgotten thread.
I'd add a chart of every trade marking entry and exit and to confirm if you did the right thing at the right time. Even so, some trades will inevitably fail since not everything is knowable in advance......:cool:
Trading is a high probability business, not one of certainties, just as N_T says.
Visualising a trade either in a chart, by word pictures or numbers makes you a much better trader, faster.
Richard

Hi Richard
I use a similar method. Recording keeping alone takes about 30mins after market close each day. I take screenshots of my trading windows and add review notes. If I have a nice set-up, I save it separately into my set-ups folder so that I can see it again and again until I get a mental print and trade it confidently again and again. cheers..

Well it was myself who explained last weeks cyclical action. Makes me wonder why no-bodyelse pointed this out to my dearest Genics?

Same action next week folks, be sure to catch it. Nothing new in Wall Street? Read the emotion, and be less emotional.;)

TTFN.

trillions of $ in the sideways r feeling the pain now after equities rally = panic buying

Well Friday's close was certainly weird and Im not the only one who thought so ...
What Was THAT? (Friday Market Close) - The Market Ticker

seems like the dow, ym, and es, all had a huge spike, all at the same time,
within 5minute of close. have to wonder about coincidence versus coordination
and the amount of money involved. painting the tape green for the day, does
anyone know if there is any banker bailout money still missing? how much bailout
did goldman sach get so far?

if the recession ends, we can see some good and positive things happening around the world and in US as well..

until then its quite tough and we should see and suspect something or the other everyday.

Obama government will definitely look for ways to find a solution to this financial crisis

Why do you think that you are not a good trader because in my view you are ?

Paul

thanks! :)
I dont make as may points as other ES traders who i speak with though. Ive still got lots of learning to do.
Not a bad morning so far though. Hope things are getting good for you again genics.

Attachments

• rtrt.JPG
    rtrt.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 162
In my view there is nothing wrong with your trading and why worry about how you compare to others ? None of it matters other than you are consistently profitable yourself.

Paul