US markets

Its been an ugly few days for the indices, scalpers heaven probably.
I know you're a good trader, because I talk to you all the time about trading ...
Wait til this baby tanks and we'll clean up.

Last edited:
I thought I was alone yesterday when I got stopped out twice. Well, its like Soros said.. its all about how much you win when you are right and how much you lost when you are wrong.

I wrote in my VE journal that I won't trade today to focus on my entry and trade management rules. Now I can see where I should also focus on. I will also try to win larger when I am right as there are many times that I got out prematurely when I can earn a weeks profits in one trade; there is room for improvement in profit taking. Also, when I got a good trade, I tend to scale out or pass next signals when actually it can be three/four winning trades for that day. There is no enough limit in winning profits as there is no such thing for losing trades.

As it is trading and we are only human, there are times when markets don't do any favor and you make mistakes. Just make sure that you get stronger and stronger afterwards.. Chin up mate...

something is stiring..but what?

total disconnect across the board, total chop fest, smoke and mirrors and faking out every which way. there is no clear trend or direction.

anyone else seeing this and thinking something is brewing..

i have been getting killed this week, s&p has lsot all sense of normal price action, rendering my system useless

Strange, the market is 'working' exactly as it always does and will continue to do until the end of time. There is nothing baffling about it at all. Killed? Perhaps you should work on a real methodology instead of blundering around with a 'system'. Still, some people imply that you are a good trader. If that is the case why are you getting killed? :confused:

Strange, the market is 'working' exactly as it always does and will continue to do until the end of time. There is nothing baffling about it at all. Killed? Perhaps you should work on a real methodology instead of blundering around with a 'system'. Still, some people imply that you are a good trader. If that is the case why are you getting killed? :confused:

Morning, NT.

Some things never change. Recently, the market had stopped working as it has done in the past. Market engineers had to bring in the SP500 just the other day for it's 100 year service, and found a lot of mechanical faults. Things like the short term timing belt needed re-aligning, the mid cycle cyclinders were heavily worn and were starting to go long when they should have been going short, many bulbs and fuses had blown.

It's all been repaired now, so hopefully it's business as usual.

Have a nice day!

Care to explain the difference between a real methodology and a system? You might say a real methodology is not fixed as opposed to a system etc. Every trader get killed at some point. Haven't you? C'mon.. give us some practical tips!

p.s I don't want to start a heated conversation coz I know how fierce you can be ..:)

there has been a total disconect everywhere maybe your just to busy trying to be condescending on these forums to notice

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning, NT.

Some things never change. Recently, the market had stopped working as it has done in the past. Market engineers had to bring in the SP500 just the other day for it's 100 year service, and found a lot of mechanical faults. Things like the short term timing belt needed re-aligning, the mid cycle cyclinders were heavily worn and were starting to go long when they should have been going short, many bulbs and fuses had blown.

It's all been repaired now, so hopefully it's business as usual.

Have a nice day!

ok you lot clearly arnt trading at a level high enough to notice what im talking about, nevermind.

Care to explain the difference between a real methodology and a system? You might say a real methodology is not fixed as opposed to a system etc. Every trader get killed at some point. Haven't you? C'mon.. give us some practical tips!

p.s I don't want to start a heated conversation coz I know how fierce you can be ..:)

leovirgo, it took me a few years to really understand the subtle difference between a system and a methodology and many would argue it's all just semantics and there is no difference between the two. I suppose it is a case of how much time and effort one puts into trading.

I would agree with you and say that a system is 'fixed' or rigid whereas a methodology is adaptable and evolves along with the skill and experience of a trader. Another person used a better expression and referred to a system as being inert. Perhaps you could say that a traders edge is what makes the difference between a system and methodology.

Yes, I have been killed in the past and when I look back I can pinpoint exactly why. It has nothing to do with the market and everything to do with me either breaking my rules or trading at a time when I was not nearly as experienced as I am now.

I always give practical tips but they are either ignored or criticized so I don't bother much anymore. I tell people what HAS worked for me. I tell people what HAS turned me into a better and profitable trader and what I get in return is "nonsense because the market is this and that and nobody can do this or that.....etc".

But, because you asked with such sincerity, I will try giving you some practical tips.

1) Study your losses to find out and learn what you are doing wrong so you can avoid it.
2) Study your winners to find out what you are doing right and repeat it.
3) Always trade with a stop placed as close as possible to your entry.
4) Study, Study, Study, Study
5) Make notes whenever you are trading or sitting at your computer observing. Make notes no matter how significant or insignificant you think they might be. A thought or an idea might just be the seedling to an entirely new methodology.
6) Do not take guesses or punts, you should only trade on a near certainty.
7) Do not force a trade, let it 'arrive' naturally.
8) You do NOT have to make a trade everyday. This is very important!

That's all for now.

when i say "system" i mean my setup, which also only acounts for about half my trading. new_trader you can say nothing has changed but if you were suitably close to the people in the know, i.e the pits.,.you would know bulls and bears have been getting absolutely killed. also funny how i post up saying something is wrong and something is "stiring" aka going to happen...oh and a day latter it happens..once of the biggest last min short squeezes/rallys ever...

when i say "system" i mean my setup, which also only acounts for about half my trading. new_trader you can say nothing has changed but if you were suitably close to the people in the know, i.e the pits.,.you would know bulls and bears have been getting absolutely killed. also funny how i post up saying something is wrong and something is "stiring" aka going to happen...oh and a day latter it happens..once of the biggest last min short squeezes/rallys ever...

I am not going to argue with you anymore, really. I don't know what is 'funny' about what you posted about the market. I was 'there' so to speak, watching it all unfold and not getting killed. GET IT?

something is stiring..but what?

total disconnect across the board, total chop fest, smoke and mirrors and faking out every which way. there is no clear trend or direction.

anyone else seeing this and thinking something is brewing..

i have been getting killed this week, s&p has lsot all sense of normal price action, rendering my system useless

See, this is your problem. You are trading and viewing the market at such a high level, even you don't understand what you are on about. Nobody else does either. You are so high at the moment, just come down, it's for the best.

I am not going to argue with you anymore, really. I don't know what is 'funny' about what you posted about the market. I was 'there' so to speak, watching it all unfold and not getting killed. GET IT?

ah yes im sure the messiah of trading spotted that rally brewing..

Last edited by a moderator:
See, this is your problem. You are trading and viewing the market at such a high level, even you don't understand what you are on about. Nobody else does either. You are so high at the moment, just come down, it's for the best.

im not even talking about me, but seems everyone ive been talking to, brokers, pit traders etc see what im talking about and agree..cept you 2..maybe everyone is wrong and your right...:whistling

Exactly. Just as I said earlier, I try to help and get nothing but abuse and aggression in return.

Only one thing left to say!

UNSUBSCRIBED.

im not even talking about me, but seems everyone ive been talking to, brokers, pit traders etc see what im talking about and agree..cept you 2..maybe everyone is wrong and your right...:whistling

Maybe, my profits have to come from somewhere. I haven't been struggling over the past week as you have, thanks for the liquidity, very generous of you indeed.