Another Thread Closed!

Because the Board of Longitude contained within it hidden vested interests and other obstacles connected to the character of the members who chose to ignore the significance of the obvious in preference to their own ill considered, ill advised and ill related "opinions".

It is interesting you mention it, since there are many parallels with trading but only obvious to those sufficiently clued up to spot them.

Up till the time that John Harrison made his great breakthrough, not only in horological terms but in terms of pure thought, all problems of navigation at sea in open water out of sight of land had to be solved by "northing" or "southing" or by a protracted and complicated calculation called "lunars" which often proved unreliable, a tedious and messy process that took up to four hours to complete.

For those of you who may be interested, and just for the sake of the intellectual excercise that it yields, northing and southing were the only reliable techniques that ocean navigators could use with some degree of certainty to finally "make" the final destination.

A course was set either east or west aimed at a landfall either north or south of the targeted final destination. When the coast was in sight, then a course was chosen to follow it until the final destination was "closed".

The creation of a timepiece by John Harrison that would keep accurate time not only solved this problem but additioally was instrumental in the solution to the navigational triangle.

If it had not been for him, thousands of lives would have been needlessly lost, ships and cargoes lost and the general development of commerce and travel set back for a very long time.

It just goes to show, doesn't it yet again ?

No sooner does a genius appear than all the dunces in the world conspire against him.

There are many types of character that go to make up society. Livermore was One of lifes tryers, learning all the time from his own mistakes, also he identified when the playing field was not level and found ways to make the game at least equal. History is full of people who at first don't succeed, but they have the strength of character to overcome temporary difficulties...There is no shame in being a bankrupt, picking ones self up and starting over...indeed I would go further, I would say in certain fields bankruptcy opens up a world of information hidden to the average Joe and this information is crucial to deeper understanding and workings. As to his state of mind at the end, it's quite possible that he could'nt live up to his own exacting standards for whatever reason.

Yes, keep practising, one day you will also get there.

Yes, keep practising, one day you will also get there.

For your information sunshine...whatever I put my mind to I am successful.

...now run along and wind someone else up...I see you have another thread started that requires a lot more posts ....at this stage it is'nt very popular is it...go and fill it up...go on ...shoo

For your information sunshine...whatever I put my mind to I am successful.

...now run along and wind someone else up...I see you have another thread started that requires a lot more posts ....at this stage it is'nt very popular is it...go and fill it up...go on ...shoo

I do not see you being successful at anything of any significance except you are very good at stirring and as part of a gang but when the obvious is placed in front of you, somehow, you have a blind spot that prevents you from properly accepting it. But keep at it if you like, because the market needs cannon fodder, the more cannon fodder the better.

I forgot to add that all my threads and all my posts attract a lot of interest and a lot of attention.

This is even from members who pretend to have put me on ignore but still butt in from time to time. When I stop posting here the place goes as quiet as a morgue. When I rattle the cage with my little stick things liven up again. Always.

Everythng is known in advance. Everything.:LOL:

I forgot to add that all my threads and all my posts attract a lot of interest and a lot of attention.

This is even from members who pretend to have put me on ignore but still butt in from time to time. When I stop posting here the place goes as quiet as a morgue. When I rattle the cage with my little stick things liven up again. Always.

Everythng is known in advance. Everything.:LOL:

This post speaks volumes...and is now preserved for all to see...thank you

I do not see you being successful at anything of any significance except you are very good at stirring and as part of a gang but when the obvious is placed in front of you, somehow, you have a blind spot that prevents you from properly accepting it. But keep at it if you like, because the market needs cannon fodder, the more cannon fodder the better.

What you see is what you are meant to see...everything is known in advance...

Yes the market needs cannon fodder and there is plenty of it here on T2W.

This post speaks volumes...and is now preserved for all to see...thank you

Good. You see what I mean, you see ?

Now if you were to put your attention on what I impart to you...properly...you would benefit...but as you do not do that...you don't.

What you see is what you are meant to see...everything is known in advance...

Yes the market needs cannon fodder and there is plenty of it here on T2W.

Exactly. Now at last there is a glimmer of hope for you. You are it seems beginning to see the truth. All you have to do is accept it and stop fighting it. You will then be much happier and everything will improve for you. But you have to be brave, resolute, impartial, responsible and independent.

Good. You see what I mean, you see ?

Now if you were to put your attention on what I impart to you...properly...you would benefit...but as you do not do that...you don't.

Trying to have the last word does'nt wash with me...i've come across this kind of attitude many many times.

Additionally trying to steer the topic continually about what you want to talk about does'nt wash either.

When you can answer simple straight forward questions asked for by the readers to back up your writings and ramblings....then you may be taken more seriously.....maybe !

Delusions of grandeur (sp?)
This is even from members who pretend to have put me on ignore but still butt in from time to time.
Paranoia
When I stop posting here the place goes as quiet as a morgue. When I rattle the cage with my little stick things liven up again. Always.
Attention seeking

Q.E.D

Delusions of grandeur (sp?)

Paranoia

Attention seeking

Q.E.D

No, the truth.

Look at threads of mine, Journey from the Basement, Plain Vanilla, look at the hits...enormous interest always. Fact.

Read Plain Vanilla again, apart from proving without doubt that the writers have the edge over the buyers and that more than 85% of all options expire worthless and everything I said would expire worthless did, irrespective of what you and your friends try to argue against, look carefully and you will see how there are members there (on my own thread by the way) who publicly state they have put me on ignore, but persist in posting there despite their claims. Fact.

Attention seeking ?

No.

What I post attracts interest. When I remove the interest all goes flat. Fact again.

I am perfectly normal
You are a bit strange
They are all dunces.

You ability to incorrectly conjugate irregular verbs always amuses me.

However, and in an attempt to pin you down (I know, I know, but it's like picking at a scab!), why exactly did you lie when you claimed to have closed off those short puts?

Last edited:
Trying to have the last word does'nt wash with me...i've come across this kind of attitude many many times.

Additionally trying to steer the topic continually about what you want to talk about does'nt wash either.

When you can answer simple straight forward questions asked for by the readers to back up your writings and ramblings....then you may be taken more seriously.....maybe !

Oh Dear ! What a disappointment...just when I thought you were about to come out of the fog....you get enveloped again!

Never mind, one day you will succeed....just keep trying.

All the questions that were asked on that thread were perfectly reasonable...you chose as usual not to answer any of them....where is the evidence that these trades took place eh....where?

CV,

I'm still waiting for an answer to my question. Are you one of the members that goes out of their way to find Socrates or avoid him? ....or is there a third option?

CV,

I'm still waiting for an answer to my question. Are you one of the members that goes out of their way to find Socrates or avoid him? ....or is there a third option?

Everything is known in advance...It is not a fit and proper question and consequently does not deserve an answer

It is ONLY through reading widely, study and practice that I discovered what Socrates says AND the way he says it is worthwhile reading. I am not disagreeing with you, not all of it is original, but he explains it in a very unique and original way that helps bridge the gaps in understanding. Some people are content with only knowing how to tell the time, some are interesting in knowing how a clock works as well, and then, there are others who want to understand what time actually represents. Take John Harrison for example. A "simple" clockmaker who realised the problem of longitude could be solved with an accurate clock....

And if Albert is exactly what you've been looking for, I couldn't be happier for you. There's somebody for everybody. None of this, however, is justification for ignoring the site's rules of conduct.

barely into the second page over on t'other thread, and there is advertising of the Elite Gossamer or Elite Featherlite, or whatever condom it is.

I despair!

(he is right though - you do read his posts, much like craning to see a car-crash)