wtf has becum of this cuntry?!

What's in a spelling? That which we spell a rows by any other form would smell as sweet.

Yeah Will !

That is very true.

The cattle don't need brain power, they don't need to be capable people able to think rationally, adapt, plan, make decisions, think freely etc. they just need to be able to follow orders, and be obedient little workers who will serve the state.

Perhaps the UK population isn't dum enough just yet for our rulers. There are plans to fluoridate 40% of the water supply, to improve the health of our teeth (BS), despite it being proven that fluoride lowers IQ as it destroys the brain - as you would expect from a toxic substance.

Fluoride could be added to 40pc of water - Telegraph

Revealed: How health chiefs plan to put fluoride in half our water supply to halt tooth decay| News | This is London

£100m to put flouride in water - News - Manchester Evening News

Fluoride's Impact on Brain, A Focus of Two Conferences - MarketWatch

The Atlantean Conspiracy: The Fluoride Deception

Bizarre Government Coloring Book Pushes Deadly Fluoride For Kids

dr_strangelove.jpg

JTrader!!!

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Have you ever seen a Commie drink a glass of water?

On no account will a Commie ever drink water, and not without good reason.

Reactions: BSD
dr_strangelove.jpg

JTrader!!!

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Have you ever seen a Commie drink a glass of water?

On no account will a Commie ever drink water, and not without good reason.

Yes, the Nazis used it first, then the commies copied them, apparently.

The Neurotoxicity Of Fluoride In Drinking Water
Scientific Study Finds Fluoride Horror Stories Factual

In Liberty & Freedom-Fluoride
The first occurrence of fluoridated drinking water on Earth was found in Germany’s Nazi prison camps. The Gestapo had little concern about fluoride’s supposed effect on children’s teeth; their alleged reason for mass-medicating water with sodium fluoride was to sterilize humans and force the people in their concentration camps into calm submission.

UK Indymedia - Just say NO to Fluoride in your Water

YouTube - Alex Jones Interviews Dr Daniel Stockin on Fluoride (1 of 5)

Last edited:
"On no account will a Commie ever drink water, and not without good reason."

Stick to vodka. Ya!

"Cna yuo raed tihs?

Olny 55% of plepoe can

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but teh wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!"

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can? - Yahoo! Answers

;-)

yeah bit like talking.... Body language first,63% tone,30% then the actuals words are about 7% (something like that)...

as long as people focus on the communication, thats the main thing, I mean the english language has been changing for centuries.. so its just adapting again..... lets not meddle with progress....

Spades a spade even if you write it shovel ....

Agree with your anger Wasp.

There was a long period, not that long ago, when this country was the greatest in the world - and the most civilised - quite an achievement for such a small place. English is still almost always the international language of choice
During all this time, and right up to today, there are many regional accents here with their own local spoken words and variations, but when it comes to written English there is no reason whatever to reduce the standard.

There are people who come to live in this country in order to improve their lot and who laugh at us for wrongly being politically correct and trying to accommodate their less fortunate background and ways into our culture as if in atonement for things like slavery or other alleged imperial 'sins'. (Which countries own leaders sold their own people as slaves in the first place? Which country was the first to abolish slavery?).
People come here because it's better. There is no reason to for us to make it worse in order to accommodate them. Everyone wants better lives for themselves, and letting standards slip is not the way to achieve it. How can you compete if you become inferior to other countries?

"To be born an Englishman is to win first prize in the lottery of life". To which I would add "No matter who your parents are, or whence they came".

NO dumbing down!

Glenn

pfff

the report makes no mention of immigration, it is about words that ENGLISH children in English schools repeatedly spell incorrectly over the decades.:mad:

And if you really want to back in time, if it wasn't for this little island been invaded by dodgy roman foriegners who cant spell you would still be sh*ing in holes in the ground.

As for more recent times this country would come to a standstill if it wasn't for immigration. England always seems to be lacking skilled workers of one kind or another, doctors, nurses teachers etc, then theres the unskilled workers who actually dont mind doing a hard days graft.

"Cna yuo raed tihs?

Olny 55% of plepoe can

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but teh wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!"

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can? - Yahoo! Answers

;-)

clarity with language reflects clarity of thought.

language is the means with which we express ideas, and the nuances of thought.
if you weaken language, you weaken the capacity to express the thoughts swirling around your head to others.
it's not just spelling, but the reduction in vocabulary, that is a problem.

the above experiment in reading can only work if you first CAN spell the words correctly.
and have a grasp of grammar, syntax and sentence structure. (I know that's tautological :cheesy:)

when we write, we write differently depending on the situation. in a BB, or relaxed environment, we can be more casual.
But, in a business and professional environment, we have to be more strict with punctuation, grammar and spelling. (see any Terms and Conditions small-print as examples of the need to be specific, and compare that with the morons who say "we wuznt told abaat that" when their insurance doesn't pay out)
This can only happen if you know the exact and strict uses FIRST.

Chow. (I know that should be ciao, but isn't that the point about correct spelling?)
Whatever! Laterz.

clarity with language reflects clarity of thought.

language is the means with which we express ideas, and the nuances of thought.
if you weaken language, you weaken the capacity to express the thoughts swirling around your head to others.
it's not just spelling, but the reduction in vocabulary, that is a problem.

the above experiment in reading can only work if you first CAN spell the words correctly.
and have a grasp of grammar, syntax and sentence structure. (I know that's tautological :cheesy:)

Yes, I do actually perfectly agree with that.

It's actually a problem here too, companies complaining that applicants for our 3 year vocational training programs that everyone has to go through above unskilled level / below academic level in order to become anything from a hairdresser, bank teller, mechanic, mid level civil servant etc etc, that these people lack even the most basic skills these days, and that's fresh out of school at 16, 17.

That is a real problem for countries like ours that have nothing apart from our brains, and need these people for one heck of a lot of implementing of ideas that (largely) the academics devise.

Now, seems my neighbour hs cum home rght now, and then 2 quikly, so loks lke I must work later it ceems when his wive rngs.

Chow

:D

pfff

the report makes no mention of immigration, it is about words that ENGLISH children in English schools repeatedly spell incorrectly over the decades.:mad:

So what. Once upon a time you tried and tried again until you were competent. Now we should change to accommodate those who won't try.

And if you really want to back in time, if it wasn't for this little island been invaded by dodgy roman foriegners who cant spell you would still be sh*ing in holes in the ground.

As for more recent times this country would come to a standstill if it wasn't for immigration. England always seems to be lacking skilled workers of one kind or another, doctors, nurses teachers etc, then theres the unskilled workers who actually dont mind doing a hard days graft.

Another topic and frustration altogether.

If I went to Thailand tomorrow, I would take a Thai phrasebook, remove my shoes when entering a religious building and wear as much clothing to cover my skin in public as possible.

If a foreigner came to this country I would expect them to respect our culture as we do theirs, not change our country to accommodate them.

I am all for immigrants but England should England. I lived in Hong Kong for 5 years and learnt their language and cultures and tried to fit in as best as possible.

In the 1750's Samuel Johnson penned a dictionary and since then, words may have been added but the language prevailed and to change the dictionary because it fits better on a mobile phone text is embarrassing.

Last edited:
In the 1750's Samuel Johnson penned a dictionary and since then, words may have been added ......

Indeed he did but according to some he missed out the words: pericombobulation, contrafibularities, anaspeptic, frasmotic, compunctuous and apparently the word sausage :)

Paul

What next?

Well, since knife-crime is on the up, maybe we should legalise that.

Well, we don't learn 'em like these days, do we Donald?

In any case, how would it help us if we did - after all the thought police will legislate to prevent any legitimate use of language, for example, I'll probably find yourself in trouble (with your browser?) if you come from Scunthorpe or another place with similar spelling. So, we're forced to abandon Anglo-Saxon words (legal since 1964) and resort to French, or merely imply we'll see you next Tuesday - and we think we're all so clever?

And to think that I used to have a Cortina, and I could only dream about driving a 2.8i Capri. Golly, those were the days! :)

Cheers

Mayfly

English is so wrong on so many levels how can anyone be expected to learn it correctly.

How did we ever learn how to talk???????

Ain't English Weird?

We'll begin with a box, and the plural is boxes,

But the plural of ox becomes oxen, not oxes.

One fowl is a goose, but two are called geese,

Yet the plural of moose should never be meese.

You may find a lone mouse or a nest full of mice,

Yet the plural of house is houses, not hice.

If the plural of man is always called men,

Why shouldn't the plural of pan be called pen?

If I speak of my foot and show you my feet,

And I give you a boot, would a pair be called beet?

If one is a tooth and a whole set are teeth,

Why shouldn't the plural of booth be called beeth?

Then one may be that, and three would be those,

Yet hat in the plural would never be hose,

And the plural of cat is cats, not cose.

We speak of a brother and also of brethren,

But though we say mother, we never say methren.

Then the masculine pronouns are he, his and him,

But imagine the feminine: she, shis and shim!

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Let's face it - English is a crazy language.

There is no egg in eggplant nor ham in hamburger;

neither apple nor pine in pineapple.

English muffins weren't invented in England .

We take English for granted, but if we explore its paradoxes,

we find that quicksand can work slowly,

boxing rings are square, and a guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig.

And why is it that writers write but fingers don't fing, grocers don't groce and hammers don't ham?

If teachers taught, why didn't preachers praught?

If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?

Sometimes I think all the folks who grew up speaking

English should be committed to an asylum for the verbally insane.

In what other language do people recite at a play and play at a recital?

We ship by truck but send cargo by ship.

We have noses that run and feet that smell.

We park in a driveway and drive in a parkway.

And how can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same,

while a wise man and a wise guy are opposites?

You have to marvel at the unique lunacy of a language in

which your house can burn up as it burns down,

in which you fill in a form by filling it out,

and in which an alarm goes off by going on.

And, in closing, if Father is Pop, how come Mother's not Mop?

Whilst I agree that spelling is important I think it must be remembered that English is a "living" language. As such it will always be undergoing change.

How is accepting commonly mispelled words really any different to accepting the change in meaning of a word. I don't know of anyone who would now use the word gay to mean "happy and full of fun"(as on old dictionary of mine defines it!)

How is accepting changes in form and grammer any different? We no longer say thee and thou, having replaced such words with you.

Why is the way we spell a word today the correct way, even though it may be very different to how it was spelt 200 or 300 years ago?

As for going to another country and learning their language etc. We(the west collectively) live in a democratic society. If an individual comes to our shores we can reasonably expect them to adapt to our way of life. If many individuals come there is a point at which we, as a democratic society, must accept and adapt to the new arrivals. That is of course if we are to truly live by the ideals we espouse. Take it to the logical conclusion, if enough French people(simply as an example) moved to the UK and used the democratic process to push for and hold a referendum on what language was to be spoken in Britain from then on, what would happen to the "Queen's english" then? Here in Australia the Queen has the right to veto any law we make so I'm going to assume she has the same right over there(correct me if I'm wrong) so I suppose she could do so. That wouldn't be very democratic though would it?

Extreme example I know. My point being that the suggestion that all others who come to "our country"(wherever that be) should hold the exclusive responsibility to adapt to our way of life, culture, language etc is not really in keeping with the democratic ideals we so often claim to live by.

Just my two cents worth.

Cheers,
PKFFW