Another Thread Closed!

"Jesse Livermore is regarded as one of the greatest traders of all time."

He's been written about more than most and certainly quoted more than any (I suspect) so if that qualifies him has "great" ,ok. Frankly from what I have read he comes across as an emotional cripple incapable of sustaining either relationships ,or indeed his financial gains, probably for the same reasons. On those criteria he's just one of the crowd of wouldbe's and if you wish to emulate him you might just remember when the end came he was full of thoughts of what he could have done better. Appears to me like a life of regrets.

He's been written about more than most and certainly quoted more than any (I suspect) so if that qualifies him has "great" ,ok. Frankly from what I have read he comes across as an emotional cripple incapable of sustaining either relationships ,or indeed his financial gains, probably for the same reasons. On those criteria he's just one of the crowd of wouldbe's and if you wish to emulate him you might just remember when the end came he was full of thoughts of what he could have done better. Appears to me like a life of regrets.

I agree. Legendary is probably the better adjective for Livermore. His greatest value is as a source of lessons, many of them based on negative events.

I suppose it depends on what you view is relevant to trading. I can't play basketball very well.

"view".....nonsense. If you're willing to trade without consideration of whether you are actually able to make gains and hold on to them then the term 'great' does not describe your trading activity ..recreational would be better in which case basketball would be appropriate.

"view".....nonsense. If you're willing to trade without consideration of whether you are actually able to make gains and hold on to them then the term 'great' does not describe your trading activity ..recreational would be better in which case basketball would be appropriate.

Chump,

Does the fact that Jesse went bankrupt more than once, or the fact that you think he comes across as an emotional cripple incapable of sustaining either relationships or his financial gains invalidate his rules constructed over several years while he learned by trial and error what worked on the markets?

Chump,

Does the fact that Jesse went bankrupt more than once, or the fact that you think he comes across as an emotional cripple incapable of sustaining either relationships or his financial gains invalidate his rules constructed over several years while he learned by trial and error what worked on the markets?

my emphasis added.

each pioneer, by its very nature, takes longer to learn and make mistakes, etc.
we benefit, by not having to make those mistakes.

maybe, he was one of the giants that we can see further by standing on his shoulders.

(Edison experimented with several hundreds of substances before deciding on the best filament for light-bulbs.)
we just but the things without thinking, because we know what works, thanks to Edison.

And if Albert is exactly what you've been looking for, I couldn't be happier for you. There's somebody for everybody. None of this, however, is justification for ignoring the site's rules of conduct.

What about yourself ? Do you ignore the site's rule of conduct ? Are you a paragon of politeness or was your conduct on my thread "Plain Vanilla" just a habuitual aberration or a sample ?

If you live in glasshouses without unbreakable glass you should not throw stones.

Wot we need is for Zupcon to bring out his rule book and tell us whether there is a set of rules for the great majority separate to that for the very small and exclusive minority on this site.

Or is the mob exempt from everything ?

And no doubt, as I speak the truth, I will be threatened once again with being banned.

What about yourself ? Do you ignore the site's rule of conduct ? Are you a paragon of politeness or was your conduct on my thread "Plain Vanilla" just a habuitual aberration or a sample ?

If you live in glasshouses without unbreakable glass you should not throw stones.

Wot we need is for Zupcon to bring out his rule book and tell us whether there is a set of rules for the great majority separate to that for the very small and exclusive minority on this site.

And no doubt, as I speak the truth, I will be threatened once again with being banned.

Instead of having a minority and a majority, wouldn't it be really good & useful for ALL T2W members, if we all formed a coalition - and did as the site suggests - Trade2win?
Thus ending all this petty bickering in the process?

We can do this fella's. Let's join forces, work together, turn our big guns on the markets, so that we can all milk this cow dry :idea: :!:

Last edited:

I believe that the site has only one set of guidelines and rules, however It would be foolish to assume that everyone is or should be treated equally !

regards
zu

I believe that the site has only one set of guidelines and rules, however It would be foolish to assume that everyone is or should be treated equally !

regards
zu

I will come back to you shortly. I have a visitor, we are watching Bloomberg and having a cup of tea.

Instead of having a minority and a majority, wouldn't it be really good & useful for ALL T2W members, if we all formed a coalition - and did as the site suggests - Trade2win?
Thus ending all this petty bickering in the process?

We can do this fella's. Let's join forces, work together, turn our big guns on the markets, so that we can all milk this cow dry :idea: :!:

JTrader, I can see you are new to the T2W derivatives section, welcome.

The rule book is in the hands of Zupcon. He reminds the minority when the rules are breached but somehow forgets...overlooks.....the fact that the rules were written for ALL members.

Could all this be part of the Hidden Agenda as per my other thread of the same name ? We will have to wait and see.

Have you read the first five pages of my thread "Plain Vanilla" by the way ?

Did you notice that the unruly mob there did not recieve any warnings by Zupcon and I was not treated with the same leniency by Zupcon ?

Strange, isn't it ?

Don't be disingenuous, bertie. You know exactly what I'm talking about.

Now JTrader, not to put too fine a point on it, but can you not see that it will not work ?

Zupcon believes the rules should not be applied equally to all members.

Are you now confused ?

In due course, it looks as if it will all become clearer to you if you follow my other thread called The Hidden Secret Agenda ~ this thread is attracting a lot of interest already.

I only started it this morning and already has attracted 600 plus hits and more than 25 posts.

I am attaching a link to it hereunder for your convenience and that of other readers.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=25478

Now JTrader, not to put too fine a point on it, but can you not see that it will not work ?

Zupcon believes the rules should not be applied equally to all members.

Are you now confused ?

In due course, it looks as if it will all become clearer to you if you follow my other thread called The Hidden Secret Agenda ~ this thread is attracting a lot of interest already.

I only started it this morning and already has attracted 600 plus hits and more than 25 posts.

I am attaching a link to it hereunder for your convenience and that of other readers.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=25478

For someone who advocates "doing the work" you are being most helpful doing all this work for them :LOL:

For someone who advocates "doing the work" you are being most helpful doing all this work for them :LOL:

Yes, and I am going to take great pleasure from it as well, you will see.

And a lot of it will be for your benefit also, so you should not miss any of it.

Yes, and I am going to take great pleasure from it as well, you will see.

And a lot of it will be for your benefit also, so you should not miss any of it.

I would'nt miss it for the world, although I doubt benefit will be derived from it...

On another note I gave you rep today for the Soc drawer gag...most amusing...lol patterned Socs...very droll

regards
zu

You are right of course, in every instance there are always some who are more equal than others.

But explain to us why your rule book has a pernicious bias against the select minority and in favour of the unruly mob ? Why ?

Let us see if you can tell us.