Closed Thread

andycan said:
Indeed
you are spot on, if one chooses to teach then he should have the correct mindset and attitude required for the pupil to be all that he/she can be,
unfortunately; what for example i interpreted as arrogance actually was his confidence which at the time i could not see but over time i learned what he was saying and what he meant, and maybe to a degree i have developed a similar trait where i see what is obvious but to others it appears im talking out of my posterior,
Hence the issues that appear to plague this and maybe other sites,
if a traders states a point which is so clear to him that he wishes to share it with others and then those that he feels he is trying to help turn on him and abuse him, then we have a situation.......... is it the so called arrogance which to those that know is confidence? or is it the unjustified attacks by other parties to demoralize and victimize what they interpret to be arrogance but to those that know, to those that have reached a that level of knowledge are fully aware of the truth.
i dont think there is an answer as many here have their own points of view, but there should be a level of etiquette that all must adhere to,
the issue as we have seen that some appear to start so called trouble but in fairness the other side of the argument the so called victims that have been constantly complaining are by no means innocent in fact from where i stand they appear to have blown it completely out of proportion and where we are is a direct result of how they approached the so called trouble makers, but that is my point of view, and please understand that im generalizing not pointing fingers

You can look for possible answers through your own experience with the unravelling of Profittaker's thread since you were there at the time (not to imply that you took part in the unravelling). Start around last Christmas and try to determine where and why things went wrong.

dbphoenix said:
You can look for possible answers through your own experience with the unravelling of Profittaker's thread since you were there at the time (not to imply that you took part in the unravelling). Start around last Christmas and try to determine where and why things went wrong.
I know im aware of it,
even i was involved in some fun and games with Ducati, but i realised it got out hand and i was not too fond of what happened,
but the problems was 2 schools of though neither will back down, i can see both arguments but what i think is irrelevant,
there was a more personal issue involved and that stems from much before i started contributing here.
and you know this better than anyone else if you join in a thread where socrates is contributing or the other way round fireworks are inevitable, thats a forgone conclusion,
the problem is that when there are different camps of thought rightly or wrongly problems will arise,
if somehow a certain level of etiquette could be maintained maybe all that the threads will show is constructive arguments,
i dont know the answers i suspect banning is not the solution, equally deleting posts serves no purpose a tough call IMO

Originally Posted by SOCRATES
Why is that ? because he is banned

Because he is cleverer than you ? what because I disagree with him I am somehow intellectually inferior

Because he is more successful than you ? 6 cars 4 houses I do alright thanks

Because he does not contradict the market ? and?

Becausse he gets it right every time ? really not what Ive heard

Because he has his own website ? wupeedoo

Because he has a restricted area you are not allowed in ? empty room

Because he does not trade futures without a stop ? neither do I

Because he would not allow a loss to run ? :rolleyes:

Because he bites a chunk out of anyone who attacks him ? rabbies shot needed

Because he does not suffer fools at all ? no he wants to be top jester

Why, tell us why, go on.....:LOL:

dc2000 said:
all of the above

now you are just being argumentative but I will answer your questions
Yes, we remember how you were trading at Tactical Trader not so very long ago at £2 a point..:LOL: :eek::LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: you crack me up Soc you really do when I posted on TT I used to post " In wiv me 2 shillings" not £2 you wally