Oh, for pity's sake!!!

barjon

It's probably your age, second childhood and all that.

So this years holiday will be another rowing holiday on the Thames with Mrs barjon in the engine room.

Regards

bracke

ah! brackey my dear chap - good to hear you

it's almost worth losing the money to get you out of hiding :clap: hope things are good for you.

cheers

jon

Hi Jon

weekend off and foget it asap

Fun account :?:

regards loss = do what your good at and ........................

One of the best rules anybody can learn about investing is to do nothing, absolutely nothing, unless there is something to do. Most people always have to be playing; they always have to be doing something. They can't just sit there and wait for something new to develop. I wait until there is money lying in the corner, and all I have to do is go over there and pick it up. I do nothing in the meantime. Even people who lose money in the market say, 'I just lost my money, now I have to do something to make it back.' No, you don't. You should sit there until you find something.

-- Jim Rogers

think me and you exact opposites regards timeframes etc

I used to do exact the same but with attempted swing trades on the index, still like the idea that one day I will be a higher timeframe trader :LOL:

proper rules for individual share and trade that to small stakes instead and see if I can learn anything at a slower pace, no money in account till all ready to go on eod signal then just the margin and dont meet the call if I am wrong

good trading and get better soon :clover:

no, andy, main account :cry:

enjoy the week-end

jon

Sorry wrong end of stick ..........

no, andy, main account :cry:

enjoy the week-end

jon

Hi Jon

arrrrrrrrrrrrrr sorry about that :eek:

thought you had lost it on little account not proper one :eek:

No trades till revenge aspect goes away barjon

always found its best to just carry on as per usual, being intra day trader, the odd bad one goes with the job,(not the odd bad 11) I just put them to one side and sure enough this week or next week I manage to run one to square up, its sort of the flip side of the coin. You must never try to hard to get it back NEVER.imho

Return to discipline and it will be back before you no it ............promise:p

get you and Mrs Barjon out for a good meal etc this weekend, may as well have your share of the mad brain down Barjon :p:clap:

all the best over next few weeks Barjon and have a good weekend to, :clover:

ah! brackey my dear chap - good to hear you

it's almost worth losing the money to get you out of hiding :clap: hope things are good for you.

cheers

jon

"almost" - but not quite. lol

Trading progressing satisfactorily but always learning. I trust your recent faux pas leaves you contrite and will not be repeated, at least not this year.

Regards

bracke

Happens to the best of us. Whenever I get that totally irresistable gut feeling (usually I can resist without much effort, but sometimes it's just too "obvious"), I express it with a 1 lot position in my personal "side" account. This is a relatively inexpensive and effective way of maintaining discipline and reducing stress in client accounts where the consequences would be orders of magnitude larger.

jj

hi, cb

well if you want the whole sorry saga :eek:

First, I don't day trade (except for fun in my fun account). I had potential long signals in the offing for three of the banks and thought (absolutely against the rules) that I'd anticipate them. Got caught out in the early down wave, tried again during the chop and caught out again in the second down wave. The most humiliating part is that if I'd applied my rules to the intraday 5 min chart there would have been triggered short signals :eek:

So I don't day trade my main account but had 11 trades :sick: trying to steal a march on my signals and "fine tune" entries :mad:

What a total pillock I am.

cheers

jon

Hi jon, thanks mate. Now what springs to my mind is ..

Why wasn't there a trade number 12 that day ? at some point you decided to stop. ?

Now something that I've read on here ,Simon said (simon from capital spreads) yeah I know they are ripping out the seats in that thread, :) but he said this and I try and remember it now and then......

"Never confuse a personal trade with a professional one."

Sounds like you just personalised it mate. We need? to focus on the latter at all times. Might be worth having that in BIG print on top of your screen.

cheers.

Hi jon, thanks mate. Now what springs to my mind is ..

Why wasn't there a trade number 12 that day ? at some point you decided to stop. ?

Now something that I've read on here ,Simon said (simon from capital spreads) yeah I know they are ripping out the seats in that thread, :) but he said this and I try and remember it now and then......

"Never confuse a personal trade with a professional one."

Sounds like you just personalised it mate. We need? to focus on the latter at all times. Might be worth having that in BIG print on top of your screen.

cheers.

cb

Well, venting on T2W helped in stopping my itchy finger eventually :). You're dead right, it all became a personal battle and everything else bit the dust. Doesn't happen often I'm glad to say.

....and to all,

Thanks everyone for your tea and sympathy - I'm cool now :cool:

cheers

jon