Your favourite quote.

Just because the solutions of problems are not visible at any particular time does not mean that those problems will never be alleviated -- or confined to tolerable dimensions. History has a way of changing the very terms in which problems operate and of leaving them, in the end, unsolved, to be sure, yet strangely deflated of their original meaning and importance.- M. I. Abramowitz

Well done is better than well said. -Benjamin Franklin

No great thing is created suddenly. -Epictetus

Last edited:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.-Goethe

True individual freedom cannot exist without economic security and independence.-Franklin Delano Roosevelt

The average man does not want to be free. He simply wants to be safe. -H. L. Mencken

The greatest discovery of our generation is that human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes of mind. As you think, so shall you be. -William James

There is no security on this earth. Only opportunity. -Douglas MacArthur

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent in doing nothing. -George Bernard Shaw

Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties.-Erich Fromm

To fly, we have to have resistance.-Maya Lin

I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it.-Pablo Picasso

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty

Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving. We must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it -- but sail we must and not drift, nor lie at anchor. -Oliver Wendell Holmes

Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win. -Jonathan Kozol

The truth will set you free. But first, it will **** you off.

Some men see things as they are and say, "Why?" I dream of things that never were and say, "Why not?"

The future has a way of arriving unannounced. -George Will

About the markets

"The newly developed strategy works every time until starting to trade with real money."

"A profitable strategy everyone uses will be unprofitable."

"We don't see patterns as they want them to be; We see patterns as we want them to be."

"The truth is recognising a profitable pattern is not in your eyes, but in your mind."

"The best profitable experience is losing money."

"Many predictions in trading have a chance of success greater than zero; but very close to it."

About computers

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
Popular Mechanics, 1949

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
Chairman of IBM, 1943

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
President & founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977

"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
Bill Gates, 1981

About numbers

"A statistician is a person who stands in a bucket of ice water, sticks their head in an oven and says 'on average, I feel fine!'"
K. Dunnigan

"Data is a lot like humans: It is born. Matures. Gets married to other data, divorced. Gets old. One thing that it doesn't do is die. It has to be killed."
Arthur Miller

"The laws of probability, so true in general, so fallacious in particular."
Edward Gibbon

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."
Albert Einstein

We need quiet time to examine our lives openly and honestly... spending quiet time alone gives your mind an opportunity to renew itself and create order.

Great quotes Firewalker99

That you may retain your self-respect, it is better to displease the people by doing what you know is right, than to temporarily please them by doing what you know is wrong. -Wiilliam J. H. Boetcker

To have striven, to have made the effort, to have been true to certain ideals - this alone is worth the struggle.

Somehow I can't believe that there are any heights that can't be scaled by a man who knows the secrets of making dreams come true. This special secret, it seems to me, can be summarized in four C's. They are curiosity, confidence, courage, and constancy, and the greatest of all is confidence. When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.- Walt Disney

I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat. We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of suffering. You ask, what is our policy? I can say: It is to wage war, by sea, land and air, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us; to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark, lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: It is victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival." - Winston Churchill.

Part of the happiness of life consists not in fighting battles, but in avoiding them. A masterly retreat is in itself a victory. -Norman Vincent Peale