Why Top Retail traders V Commercial Traders

Easy answer - I gave a figure of 1.64 to Random to see what he would come back with and if you want check then what he said - and then he admitted he made a mistake on the SD part in his calculations and of course did not know my days count etc - ie I played Random at his own game - so please now say we are both deceived each other if that makes you feel better

Since the point was to make it clear to anyone who understands mathematics or metrics that you are a false prophet who knows nothing of the retail v commercial argument (see thread title) and to point out that you have no talent for spin yet constantly attempt to do so, ignoring your own incessant errors as they arise, then I'm not sure you played me at my own game...

It's clear.

Ey pal, meet my mate Stanley?

Meh....
crocodiledundee1.jpg

Is that funny because "thick kids" are not taught differentiation?
Why would they be?

As a simile it is poignant as it references an experience I have witnessed. Laughing at the simile is not the same as laughing at the kid or worse still, differentiation which is morally bankrupt and in poor taste. I believe there are laws protecting calculus from discrimination.

The simile did not work for me, as children are not taught differentiation, unless they are on a training course to teach others.

I was in school when streaming was 'less kind' to put it mildly. Nevertheless to this day I still witness people struggling to understand concepts and instead of admitting they do not understand and need help (the smart thing to do), human nature gets in the way.

Learning to say 'I don't know' or 'I don't understand' are life skills that often come too late or are missed completely. You can't grow and continue to learn if you 'know everything'.

LOL

The only idiots here are the two who are trying to get me to leave the forum or to trying to get me banned.

Anyone with any sense can see that - especially now after even Shakone seems to want to move on.

However, Random - you have certainly got a chip on your shoulder - but - saying that I suppose I have been rotten to you and you have done very well trying to keep your calm.

The fact that these guys are basically saying all the members on this site - other than them of course - are thick and uneducated - sums up the "attitude problem" of thinking they are superior.

Now that you have criticised the forum - the members and even me** - I would think anyone with any sense would just leave and not come back

Why are you still here mate ???

Hope your trips going well - have a good week - I will ;-)

Regards

F

PS - ** forgot all the others he dissed - Iron Fx - Ernst & Young - chubby woman - the majority of all brokers ( ok he is correct on some things) anyone living north of Watford or the M25 - all retail trader who achieve over 30% per month ( without compounding) from forex trading are total liars - No discretionary retail forex trader can make money ongoing ( said in another thread) - all accountants - (as in his world they were worse than in commercial finance) - all people over 45 or 50 yrs old - and I am sure loads more - also grammar school kids with degrees in Economics ( me again ) - so please feel free to add to the list .

PPS - however he does like the Sharpe ratio - and of course comparing apples with oranges and measuring then with a speedometer

Last edited:
LOL

The only idiots here are the two who are trying to get me to leave the forum or to trying to get me banned.

Anyone with any sense can see that - especially now after even Shakone seems to want to move on.

However, Random - you have certainly got a chip on your shoulder - but - saying that I suppose I have been rotten to you and you have done very well trying to keep your calm.

The fact that these guys are basically saying all the members on this site - other than them of course - are thick and uneducated - sums up the "attitude problem" of thinking they are superior.

Now that you have criticised the forum - the members and even me** - I would think anyone with any sense would just leave and not come back

Why are you still here mate ???

Hope your trips going well - have a good week - I will ;-)

Regards

F

PS - ** forgot all the others he dissed - Iron Fx - Ernst & Young - chubby woman - the majority of all brokers ( ok he is correct on some things) anyone living north of Watford or the M25 - all retail trader who achieve over 30% per month ( without compounding) from forex trading are total liars - No discretionary retail forex trader can make money ongoing ( said in another thread) - all accountants - (as in his world they were worse than in commercial finance) - all people over 45 or 50 yrs old - and I am sure loads more - also grammar school kids with degrees in Economics ( me again ) - so please feel free to add to the list .

PPS - however he does like the Sharpe ratio - and of course comparing apples with oranges and measuring then with a speedometer

Now that you've admitted you lied about your trading results, there's no reason to continue, so I've moved on from the issue. You are now fixed in my mind as someone who is here to deceive at every opportunity and quite happy to waffle about things they don't understand.

Last edited:
Now that you've admitted you lied about your trading results, there's no reason to continue, so I've moved on from the issue. You are now fixed in my mind as someone who is here to deceive at every opportunity and quite happy to waffle about things they don't understand.

NO - REPEAT NO

Wrong again guys -

You both wanted a Sharpe Ratio number - within 5 - 10 minutes ( check out in the posts)

The fact that I have NEVER - repeat NEVER worked one out for my own account - as there is absolutely NO reason to use on any retail forex day trading especially if you require no outside funding - I did do a a basic 5 min calculation not using a excel spreadsheet and ended up with a figure that on the surface looked correct.

Although lower than Random's own personal calculation - it fell in the correct ball park and seemed very reasonable on first glance as being correct based on a 2% daily average and a monthly net cash SD calculation calculated using the square root of 12.

However - I had failed to take into account the input value for the risk free returns part correctly- and therefore 1.64 result was therefore incorrect.

End of story

Hi LV

i know I cannot win here - but will keep my powder dry and save my trump cards until later on this year ;-))

Have a good day

Regards

F

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...ders-v-commercial-traders-21.html#post2252966

:confused: Thats the whole point though, you could easily win this argument
today by posting a few trade statements with execution times and prices.

You have the statements, so I'm at a loss as to why you don't just post them.
Actions speak louder than words and all that :)
Its no big deal, is it?
I really don't see the problem, post them, job done :)

Jan 3rd Time 11;57pm

What's your Sharpe ratio?

Jan 4th 1:02am
What was your Sharpe ratio for 2013 only using your daily results, annualised?

Jan 4th 3:04pm
OK - 1.64 - yes meaningless - total waste of time

Now you tell me why you think my Sharpe ratio would be massively high - because you are obviously calculating something into the equation an assumptions that are not true.

You responded with Sharpe ratio of 1.64. No mention that you weren't sure if it was correct, in fact you were arguing that Random had got it wrong and made some incorrect assumptions.

Sorry - you have your calculations wrong in 3 areas - including the number of my trading days.

Also some of your assumptions are not correct for the ratio.

So you're chastising others for their calculation, and now you're saying that you didn't even know how to calculate it back then and gave a rushed figure?

Jan 5th
When will you two ever admit that you might be wrong ???

I am managing to run rings round some of your ploys and also wind you both up;-)
Again you're suggesting others are wrong, not your calculation

Now back to the point of the Sharpe Ratio that you claimed. Which point were you lying about? The ratio that you gave? The % return per day? The volatility of your returns? All 3?

Shakone - I thought you were far cleverer than that ;-)

You have just placed yourself in a big corner - and now you look silly

Still arguing rather than admit you made up the figure or weren't sure about it.

Jan 6th
PS - For the 100th time the Sharpe ratio is crap on retail currency accounts - and i am sure you do know that

Still deflecting on Jan 6th.

Then finally we get:
Easy answer - I gave a figure of 1.64 to Random to see what he would come back with ...

I have not even worked out my Sharpe ratio for 2013 - or for prior years and have no intention - at all - of doing it -

Yes you gave the figure 1.64, and finally you admit that you made up the figure completely and didn't even bother calculating it. So you lied about your trading results.

NO - REPEAT NO

Wrong again guys -

You both wanted a Sharpe Ratio number - within 5 - 10 minutes ( check out in the posts)

Not 5-10 minutes, see times above. Another exaggeration from you, eh? Are you a compulsive liar?

The fact that I have NEVER - repeat NEVER worked one out for my own account - as there is absolutely NO reason to use on any retail forex day trading especially if you require no outside funding - I did do a a basic 5 min calculation not using a excel spreadsheet and ended up with a figure that on the surface looked correct.

Which is it? You did a calculation or you've never done a calculation? You seem to be contradicting yourself even within your own post.

Although lower than Random's own personal calculation - it fell in the correct ball park and seemed very reasonable on first glance as being correct based on a 2% daily average and a monthly net cash SD calculation calculated using the square root of 12.

However - I had failed to take into account the input value for the risk free returns part correctly- and therefore 1.64 result was therefore incorrect.

End of story

So you criticise others and call them wrong and stupid because it 'seemed reasonable' at a glance? Are you really that rude and ignorant?

It sounded like a reasonable Sharpe ratio so you thought by saying it you might get away with it, i.e. you lied. And you both never made a calculation and at the same time you did make a calculation but made a mistake on the risk free returns part. Your story changes in every post. You are a liar.

You've given 1000's of posts and the only posts in which you give some concrete figures about your trading turned out to be a lie.

If you had made an error in calculation, you wouldn't have been chastising others for being wrong for days. Now you're squirming for a way out, to make it look better, but it's not going to work. I suggest you quit while you're ahead :LOL:

Last edited:
Hi LV

The statements I do plan to post are not from my main account - although in this particular argument Random really wants to see multi months and ideally 12-24 months of results which ideally need an accountant or broker sign off as being true and fully representative.

That is something I am not prepared to share with anyone other than my own accountant.

I am a person who will never be forced into anything I do not want to do - and would far sooner everyone believe that - I cannot trade - I use a demo account - I am no good etc etc - and Random and Shakone are 100% correct I am a crooked vendor trying to rip the whole forum off - etc etc

Let all believe what they want - as I have said - I am not selling anything - I have nothing to prove and let traders make their own minds up after they have spent a few days watching me trade in the other thread

I have fully admitted I hit my psychological barrier when I tried to compound and use stake sizes above 22 lots per pip on a real live account of over £170k or $200k dollars . I am surprised Random has not used that in his arguments to really say you are not cut out for it etc etc- you cannot cope handle pressure etc etc. But he knows very few retail traders will ever trade live with over £50k of their own funds and so that discredit does not fit in with his own "agenda" game.

I hope that helps LV for you to understand my reasoning

Have a good day

Regards

F

Jan 3rd Time 11;57pm

Jan 4th 1:02am

Jan 4th 3:04pm

You responded with Sharpe ratio of 1.64. No mention that you weren't sure if it was correct, in fact you were arguing that Random had got it wrong and made some incorrect assumptions.

So you're chastising others for their calculation, and now you're saying that you didn't even know how to calculate it back then and gave a rushed figure?

Jan 5th

Again you're suggesting others are wrong, not your calculation

Still arguing rather than admit you made up the figure or weren't sure about it.

Jan 6th

Still deflecting on Jan 6th.

Then finally we get:

:LOL:

To completely shut you up Shakone - why dont we say - you are 100% correct and besides being a compulsive liar - I am also a crooked vendor and anything else you want to assume - What you want to believe is entirely with you - I have nothing to prove - NOT even the fact that you lied when you said you had no interest in my other thread

Trying to take the "higher moral ground" just will not work in your case - sorry

Last edited:
To completely shut you up Shakone - why dont we say - you are 100% correct and besides being a compulsive liar - I am also a crooked vendor and anything else you want to assume - What you want to believe is entirely with you - I have nothing to prove - NOT even the fact that you lied when you said you had no interest in my other thread

Trying to take the "higher moral ground" just will not work in your case - sorry

I don't need to assume anything. You've admitted you lied about your trading results. It's FACT. I'm not making any other claims about you, as I don't know you well enough, only that you lied about a few things here.

If you're prepared to leave it there, so am I, and as you mentioned I had left the issue alone until your recent spin. But if you keep coming back here trying to change the story and spin it into something it's not, then you're likely to resurrect the issue.

Last edited:

That is NOT my video - or charts etc etc

Forexmosphere was a group of over 50 members at one time at Forex street

I was a member of the group - - all retail traders with "free minds" and wanting to learn more were fully welcome - but they needing to show their own charts and methods.

At least 3 member made different videos etc,

I repeat that is not my video or charts and I don't post or use You Tube myself

Hope that clarify's that -

Regards

F

That is NOT my video - or charts etc etc

Forexmosphere was a group of over 50 members at one time at Forex street

I was a member of the group - - all retail traders with "free minds" and wanting to learn more were fully welcome - but they needing to show their own charts and methods.

At least 3 member made different videos etc,

I repeat that is not my video or charts and I don't post or use You Tube myself

Hope that clarify's that -

Regards

F

Trying to lighten the mood Fxmo :) it's a funny video

I didn't think they were your charts, I've seen your charts, which are memorable.

Last edited: