Why Top Retail traders V Commercial Traders

Trying to lighten the mood Fxmo :) it's a funny video

I didn't think they were your charts, I've seen your charts, which are memorable.

Thank you for saying my multi Lr indicator charts are memorable.

They are - seen loads with a few MA's on - but they just do not work so well as mine with LR's

My charts are messy - very difficult to read without understanding the position of each LR and basically over analyse.

As you also know I also use trendlines - S & R's - PA and of course most importantly - 9 min time windows either side the 30 min frame changes.

That is one of the reasons - ( only one ) I am so good at retail forex trading

Regards

F

I'm going to throw my hat in the ring here instead of posting up pictures of Martine McCutcheon for a change.

For the record FoMo and as a long standing poster, Shakone's and Random's credibility levels as 'retail' traders are high as a consequence of continued demonstration of insight, market understanding and self understanding around the subject matter. I can understand their frustration and whilst remaining agnostic to the situation, can sympathize with their view that you can neither generate a well known metric to gauge performance, nor qualify why the measure itself is mathematically or structurally useless for measuring returns for FX.

Hence there is a credibility gap that they are in some way asking you to fill. The motivation for doing so is to ascertain whether you can make an interesting contribution to the topic of trading as it is nice for the few of us that post regularly and do this professionally to talk with other like minded people.

So I will ask a different question that is not aimed at your specific performance but one that would demonstrate insight and market understanding.

Why is Sharpe structurally problematic for measuring intraday fx performance?

Hi LV

The statements I do plan to post are not from my main account - although in this particular argument Random really wants to see multi months and ideally 12-24 months of results which ideally need an accountant or broker sign off as being true and fully representative.

That is something I am not prepared to share with anyone other than my own accountant.

I am a person who will never be forced into anything I do not want to do - and would far sooner everyone believe that - I cannot trade - I use a demo account - I am no good etc etc - and Random and Shakone are 100% correct I am a crooked vendor trying to rip the whole forum off - etc etc

Let all believe what they want - as I have said - I am not selling anything - I have nothing to prove and let traders make their own minds up after they have spent a few days watching me trade in the other thread

I have fully admitted I hit my psychological barrier when I tried to compound and use stake sizes above 22 lots per pip on a real live account of over £170k or $200k dollars . I am surprised Random has not used that in his arguments to really say you are not cut out for it etc etc- you cannot cope handle pressure etc etc. But he knows very few retail traders will ever trade live with over £50k of their own funds and so that discredit does not fit in with his own "agenda" game.

I hope that helps LV for you to understand my reasoning

Have a good day

Regards

F

Yeah normally I would agree and say fair enough.
Its not like there are swathes of people here who ever post stats.

Fair enough, yes you aren't selling anything.
Whether or not that changes isn't of any concern to me.
Here and now its true.

The issue that I do think bothers people is when people are starting to
apply your methods, with no knowledge of concrete long term viability
or even if they are personally suitable to them.

Also, even with 1% risk, account leverage becomes a very real issue.
Due to the very tight stops, even by sticking to 1% risk, you easily exceed
5x account leverage, going up to potentially 20x account leverage.

Now that is potentially dangerous even in experienced hands.
For someone new, it could well be catastrophic...

This is why people ask for statements, I'm sure you can understand
the concerns raised :)

Hi LV

The statements I do plan to post are not from my main account - although in this particular argument Random really wants to see multi months and ideally 12-24 months of results which ideally need an accountant or broker sign off as being true and fully representative.

That is something I am not prepared to share with anyone other than my own accountant.

I am a person who will never be forced into anything I do not want to do - and would far sooner everyone believe that - I cannot trade - I use a demo account - I am no good etc etc - and Random and Shakone are 100% correct I am a crooked vendor trying to rip the whole forum off - etc etc

Let all believe what they want - as I have said - I am not selling anything - I have nothing to prove and let traders make their own minds up after they have spent a few days watching me trade in the other thread

I have fully admitted I hit my psychological barrier when I tried to compound and use stake sizes above 22 lots per pip on a real live account of over £170k or $200k dollars . I am surprised Random has not used that in his arguments to really say you are not cut out for it etc etc- you cannot cope handle pressure etc etc. But he knows very few retail traders will ever trade live with over £50k of their own funds and so that discredit does not fit in with his own "agenda" game.

I hope that helps LV for you to understand my reasoning

Have a good day

Regards

F

Hi F.

I hope you're well, and I wish you all the best for the new year, as I do one and all on this site.

As you can appreciate I have been a staunch supporter of you, and everyone having the right to post what they wish, and what they don't wish to post, then not to, alas I do have a few questions that have me a little perplexed, and if you could be as kind as to answer them I would really appreciate it.

First of all why do you have more than one account, I.E a main account, and another. Surely if you have a method that works then there can be instances of slight variances between brokers that can mean the difference with tight stops of either being in a trade, or being stopped out.

Secondly, a few posts ago you mentioned that you post trades that are a little lagging, because you don't want to be a text, advisory service etc, but surely if someone follows your trades live would do it as their own choice. Caveat Emptor etc.

You also stated that you're here to teach people how to get profitable at trading, yet talk about LR's, and how you have no time for beginners, and would only help intermediates. I'm sure if you started at the beginning, and helped all the beginners who come on this site, then that would be more intertesting, and you would gain more kudos from all on this site, rather than have the beginners reading your thread in awe and amazement, yet don't have a clue about what you're doing. Yet down the line if you decided to sell your magic formula, they would be the first to sign up, and i think that is what the seasoned veterans of this site are worried about.

Would I buy your course if you sold one. If I did not have a profitable strategy then of course I would, as would any sane person who was not profitable, but only on the proviso that you could prove every claim in your threads of account size, averaging 50 pips per day, and not having a losing day for over 6 months etc. If you couldn't prove this or tried to fob me off with a smaller account with 3000% return in a week, then I would run for the hills...............Beverly Hills. :LOL:

I think no one is questioning you're psychological barrier/can not handle pressure, because that is not the crux of their issue with you,

There is nothing wrong with not knowing something, and asking about it, i.e. if you didn't know what a Sharpe ratio was, you should have asked Random/Shakone, and I'm sure they would have explained it so you could have worked it out properly, rather than back yourself into a corner.

Personally I think that anyone following your methodology on the other thread will not be profitable, and please excuse me for saying this, as my reason for this is that everyone has an individual style, and adapting to anothers, or trying to work it out just by watching someone throw numbers of entries, and currency etc is very hard if not impossible,

plus from what I've seen of your trading, naturally there is a fundamental flaw, but you know this already, and don't really need me to point it out. ;)

I do intermittently check in on your other thread, but unfortunately I am unable to contribute as, unlike you my multi tasking abilities are rubbish, thus trading/making money is my no. 1 priority, and all my focus, and concentration is spent on my trading.

As for this thread well I have certainly not learnt anything in regards to the thread title, and should not really be wasting my time reading it, but like watching the aftermath of a car crash I keep coming back.

Best
John.

Guys - i will come back and answer you posts

I am sorry but have to pop out in next 15 mins and so far only got 4 trades in - so this morning I do have to focus on other priorities

Hope to respond later on in the day

Meanwhile all have a good day

Regards

F

Sorry lads, couldn't help it...

12069d1156937026-martine-mccutcheon-tiny-busty-black-bikini-martine-2.jpg

Last edited:
Hi F.

Personally I think that anyone following your methodology on the other thread will not be profitable, and please excuse me for saying this, as my reason for this is that everyone has an individual style, and adapting to anothers, or trying to work it out just by watching someone throw numbers of entries, and currency etc is very hard if not impossible,

Best
John.

I more pleased than anything that F has shown a more dedicated approach to his trading on his other thread and that other posters have acknowledged that and are inclined to stop baiting him,

I do not try to understand what he does, especially as I am more interested in index trading than forex.

I do agree with the above extract from your post but believe that that is likely to be the case with most courses, as well. Everyone is inclined to toy with a system and that makes the difference, even if the teacher is excellent. It is that individuality that makes the difference between profit or loss and it is built into all of us. Sometimes it is waiting for a comprobation, just for a few seconds--but it is too late, especially with intraday trading.

There you go! We are all different. I bet you that that guy in the video wants our money!

There you go! We are all different. I bet you that that guy in the video wants our money!
Split',
You need to change your specs. I'm fairly confident that the person in the (short) vid' clip is a young lady - and very lovely she is too!
:LOL:

Split',
You need to change your specs. I'm fairly confident that the person in the (short) vid' clip is a young lady - and very lovely she is too!
:LOL:

Too true! I'm glad that spivy looking bloke's gone!

Is that all she does?

Last edited:
That is NOT my video - or charts etc etc

Forexmosphere was a group of over 50 members at one time at Forex street

I was a member of the group - - all retail traders with "free minds" and wanting to learn more were fully welcome - but they needing to show their own charts and methods.

At least 3 member made different videos etc,

I repeat that is not my video or charts and I don't post or use You Tube myself

Hope that clarify's that -

Regards

F

MajorMagnuM was a member of that group of traders, right? What happened to the other 48+ traders and why did the group stop? Sounds like the Forexmosphere had more members than are active here.

I am going to have to spend hrs answering all these questions - but it is so important i do and I will later on today Guys

Shakone' question is easy to explain - but Robster 970 - Mr Fox and LV's will take detailed answers and so that's why I would ask you to give me time today - as like Mr Fox - I do place trading and earning money above general blog stuff

I will place all these questions as being replied to first and if I get another few over the rest of the afternoon - they might have to wait until very late tonight or AM tomorrow

Thank you

Cheers

F

Last edited:
No invite thru post yet, but i would accept readily

Well it seemed that you knew of him from before he came to Trade2Win is all, nothing wrong with that by the way, just making sense of it all.

Last edited:
I wonder if this model ever checks out her own pictures on google and then ends up constantly being directed back to posts I have made with her in over the years......

Same goes for Martine. I think another tarder on here said his mate had a go on her in the past but I can't remember who it was.