Why do skilled traders teach/train write books?

Well - scammers aside, why would anyone write a book?

Why would a succesful pilot, doctor, actor, politician :sick:, businessman write a book?

Why does Steven King even bother? I reckon the guys not really a proper writer myself - he's just scamming people into thinking he is. If he was really a successful writer, he wouldn't need to write books.[/QUOTE]

Erm....writers write..and...traders trade:whistling

Diversification maybe. i.e. the ones that aren't scammers could probably argue that it's sensible to have multiple sources of unrelated income however good they are at trading, to protect themselves from that black swan moment or a large drawdown period where they underperform for a while? So royalties and passive income from books etc would give them an additional low risk income safety net that could feasibly help to pay the day to day bills when they can't afford to take earnings out of their trading account.

NO- that was JACKO who royally ripped off many people.
James16 thread is still going strong and a good read(y)

The Jacko thread is here-he had a good run, then took money off investors and seemed to disappear:whistling

Jacko's Forex House of Pleasure and Pain - Page 871 @ Forex Factory

AND.....these posters were recommended for persons wishing to learn more about trading (FREE of course).....not an exhaustive list but may interest some willing to research(y)
B.S. Trading with Kenneth Lee
Stairstep Breakouts
EurAnalysis
Price Trap Eur/Usd 1 MIN
Trading with Deadly Accuracy
Jacko's Forex House of Pleasure and Pain - Page 870 @ Forex Factory

Traders that write books or become vendors normally want recognition. They want to feel wanted. They want to feel special. They want you to say "wow, you're such a great trader".

...... they want to be in market wizards.....

Traders that write books or become vendors normally want recognition. They want to feel wanted. They want to feel special. They want you to say "wow, you're such a great trader".

...... they want to be in market wizards.....

The ego has to go somewhere. If you are suppressing it in the main whilst trading, human behaviour will assert itself somewhere else. It's like emotional whack-a-mole.

Try James16 at Forexfactory -he has a private forum that is not advertised- but you get more than enough from the free stuff. read PAGE ONE first.

james16 Chart Thread @ Forex Factory

Was it not a scam to see it promote as a sticky thread on forex factory , especially when all the top internet trading scammers were around and posting ?Poor noobs used to get sucked into courses on same old rehashed t/a.

Was it not a scam to see it promote as a sticky thread on forex factory , especially when all the top internet trading scammers were around and posting ?Poor noobs used to get sucked into courses on same old rehashed t/a.
Proof please ?

erm....James16 is still there and going from strengh to strengh so why are you talking such ********!

Firstly skilled traders do not write , they trade ...they size up and compound their weekly profits of 5 to 10 % a week and make additional 200 % a year from compounding their weekly sized up profits.Buffet was an investor , not a trader and he has benefited mainly from money printing of the governments and breakaway from gold standard since Nixon defaulted in 1972.

Neil

There are ways of sweeping everything under the carpet , the sticky vegas threads , the vegas signal services scams and trading education and systems.Short memory some of us have , maybe deep guilty conscience of sweeping everything under the carpet with deleted threads , banned members who exposed the scams of their accomplices .

Snake oil is still being sold with illusions of price action training on randomness or what appears to be patterns but are random formations.

Firstly skilled traders do not write , they trade ...they size up and compound their weekly profits of 5 to 10 % a week and make additional 200 % a year from compounding their weekly sized up profits.Buffet was an investor , not a trader and he has benefited mainly from money printing of the governments and breakaway from gold standard since Nixon defaulted in 1972.

Neil

There are ways of sweeping everything under the carpet , the sticky vegas threads , the vegas signal services scams and trading education and systems.Short memory some of us have , maybe deep guilty conscience of sweeping everything under the carpet with deleted threads , banned members who exposed the scams of their accomplices .

Snake oil is still being sold with illusions of price action training on randomness or what appears to be patterns but are random formations.

I was refering to James16 thread( The free bit). If you think this is a scam please show us proof?
Agreed there were scams over at FF -the biggest being the Jacko thread but James and a few others continue to give good discussion on trading. The problem is sorting out the scammers from genuine discussion-a difficult task both here on t2w, I suspect, and on FF (they need a PBoyle on FF as well maybe):)

95% are scammers, the other 5% want to:

Promote themselves as individual experts in their field
Get hired as hedgerow fund managers or investment consultants
They are ugly and want to get laid by some rich birch.
Probably other reasons but wanting to "give something back" is not one of them.

I want to write a book , and make a name for myself , so I can sell courses and gain attention with seminars.I make claims to be a professional trader , none of the readers can prove I am not , I hire a writer to translate my grammar , hire internet marketeers to publicize the great new FOREX GURU , 15 MIN TLB , I get all the free material from forums and present it nicely in a book , re-invent the whreel ,every forum will have novices talking about me , i AM DONE while they lose their cash an I get rich from royalties :LOL: