What kind of car do you guys drive?

Early 996s are excellent value now, on the cusp between 'old' and 'classic'. Just be aware that while they may be cheap to buy, they ain't cheap to keep in that condition. They're old cars now and things will go wrong or just need replacing.

My guilty secret is that I have just as much fun in my wife's MX5 where you can really thrash it, you'd not keep your licence long doing that in the Porsche...

I had a 1999 MX5 Mazda Miata before -- had it for a couple of years. It is a good car...but I'm looking to upgrade now...to a Porsche 911. :clover:

I was also considering the Benz SL500 as an option...mainly because 500 is my favorite number, and because I trade the S&P 500 mainly. -- but I have always wanted a 911.
Both cars more or less around the same early 2000 years, and around the same $20K price point.

Last edited:
One car I always loved because it's really gorgeous looking and has a great V8 burble sound, is the sadly discontinued Jag XK.

Really good value now also, second hand.

1280px-Jaguar_XKR_--_04-08-2011.jpg

jaguar-xk-and-xkr-artisan-special-edition-42745-7.jpg

jaguar-xk-and-xkr-artisan-special-edition_2.jpg

jaguar-xk-and-xkr-artisan-special-edition_5.jpg

Classic sportscar proportions, long nose, sexy behind.

Lovely.

:)

Lovely song that.

You positive you hadn't wanted to post that in the music thread ?

Car thread, here.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

18nd3qblwfhbkjpg.jpg

18risgvpy5wyijpg.jpg

18risgvpszirvjpg.jpg

18risgznvjdy8jpg.jpg

Outfit in New Zealand that time warps em into modern times with useful stuff like ABS brakes, traction control, better springs etc.

http://beacham.co.nz/MARQUES/BEACHAM+E-TYPE/GALLERY/COUPE.html

Purists will moan, but having brakes that work and getting from A to B in one piece and right then when you want to, and not the car, seems like a pretty good idea to me.

That's one lean mean machine !!!

There's a guy driving one round here regularly.

And the sound.

The sound !!!

Guys start drooling, women want instant sex with him.

Classic win - win.

1280px-Bugatti_Veyron_16.4_–_Frontansicht_%281%29%2C_5._April_2012%2C_Düsseldorf.jpg

1280px-Bugatti_Veyron_16.4_–_Heckansicht_%283%29%2C_5._April_2012%2C_Düsseldorf.jpg

1280px-Bugatti_Veyron_16.4_–_Innenraum%2C_5._April_2012%2C_Düsseldorf.jpg

1280px-Bugatti_Veyron_16.4_–_Seitenansicht%2C_5._April_2012%2C_Düsseldorf.jpg

1280px-Bugatti_Veyron-Hermés.JPG

Bugatti_Veyron_16.4_Coupé_Sang_Noir_-_Flickr_-_FaceMePLS.jpg

1280px-Bugatti_Veyron_IAA_2011.jpg

Jeremy Clarkson doesn't think much of cars if they come with less than six wheels.

They made a bespoke one for him:

17it8anizy9xyjpg.jpg

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

One car I always loved because it's really gorgeous looking and has a great V8 burble sound, is the sadly discontinued Jag XK.

Really good value now also, second hand.

I drove an XKR at a track day a few years back and have to say it was a bit of dog compared with the other sports cars there. Very little 'feel' and handled like a speedboat - you never quite knew what it was going to do when you started to power out of a corner. Away from the purist track day tools like Caterhams or Exiges, the 911 is easily the best compromise between comfortable and practical mile muncher and pure sports car. I'd pick a Porsche all day long and would happily drive a Boxster or Cayman if a 911 was out of reach. On a budget you can't beat an MX5 for rear-wheel drive coupled with a great chassis and bullet proof mechanicals. God knows what I'd do if I had to have four useable seats though. Volvo probably ;)*

* EDIT - now I've thought about it... probably an M3...

Last edited:
I drove an XKR at a track day a few years back and have to say it was a bit of dog compared with the other sports cars there. Very little 'feel' and handled like a speedboat - you never quite knew what it was going to do when you started to power out of a corner. Away from the purist track day tools like Caterhams or Exiges, the 911 is easily the best compromise between comfortable and practical mile muncher and pure sports car. I'd pick a Porsche all day long and would happily drive a Boxster or Cayman if a 911 was out of reach. On a budget you can't beat an MX5 for rear-wheel drive coupled with a great chassis and bullet proof mechanicals. God knows what I'd do if I had to have four useable seats though. Volvo probably ;)*

Have you considered one of these? :cheesy:

zem.jpg

Morning Jack, makes sense.

Also more of a GT like the Jag and less pure sports genes, but always liked Porsches 928. Can just about fit 4 in there too, if not for long trips hehe.

Porsche-928-GTS-729x486-ecfc180615b00a04.jpg

Porsche-928-GTS-729x486-6984f96ac38bc4dc.jpg

Porsche-928-GTS-729x486-cc940d6047f5cbde.jpg

Porsche-928-GTS-729x486-1f65e944b1240685.jpg

Porsche-928-GTS-729x486-3b848152d81aebf3.jpg

Tom Cruise in Risky Business with Daddys Landshark.

:D:D:D

Not to forget Heidi's dance parody from Risky Business:

:D

You guys talking about your dream cars etc have it all wrong.

What you need is a Mk 2 Honda Crx from the late 80's.

crx.jpg

Oh and yeah.

In case you were wondering.

The Wraith is one truly amazing car. Saw one the other day. Incredible presence !

Now ya know.