What kind of car do you guys drive?

lost its roof in the gales of 87

Attachments

• morrisconvertible.JPG
    morrisconvertible.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 238
lost its roof in the gales of 87

Bought one of those S/H in the late 70s for £50 - nice little runner which I think sold a couple of years later for more than I paid.

PS Mr Charts: yours appears to have shrunk in the wash!

Supercharged MINI Cooper S (they don't make'em any more). A real rorty little beast and wonderful driver's car. And it has to be red and white.

i.mini.cooper.s.jcw.05aug.jpg

my wife had the new cooper s a few years back ...........jesus we nearly killed ourselves !!! :LOL:

N

Bought one of those S/H in the late 70s for £50 - nice little runner which I think sold a couple of years later for more than I paid.

PS Mr Charts: yours appears to have shrunk in the wash!

What do you expect, it was a British Leyland car !

Honda civic I-dtec, Loving the 70 odd mpg. ( becoming a proper tight a$$ in my old age )

1992 Mercedes 200D. Awesome tank. And wife's car a ford Ka, 2004 I think. We could have better but other priorities :)

So looking at the impressive list of cars on here, everyone has had an amazing year then..........where are the missing 5%.........:LOL:

this my daily driver, though mines a bit scruffy round the edges compared to the pic example. well it is getting long in the tooth now at over 12 years old.

15c9d29f3b_640.jpg

no ferrari or porsche for me. i'd likely go for another jeep, either a 5.7 or 6.4.

or the ford mustang which looks killer, are they available in the us yet? i think they come here in the summer, i best get saving.

2015%20Ford%20Mustang%20GT%20spotted%20in%20a%20parking%20lot%20-%2005.jpg

Morning LM, how ya doing ?

:)

Did you mean when are they coming to the UK ?

:cheesy:

Btw.

Need to have a word with ya.

Jeremy Clarkson said that if you're gonna go for motorised vehicular transport, anything short of 6 wheels don't cut it !!!

Where the man has a point he has a point !!!

So what you need to do with your next trading windfall is invest wisely:

Here ya go:

mercedes-g63-amg-6x6-sdfks-1.jpeg

mercedes-g63-amg-6x6-sdfks-2-1.jpeg

mercedes-g63-amg-6x6-sdfks-3.jpeg

mercedes-g63-amg-6x6-sdfks-4.jpeg

View out:

mercedes-g63-amg-6x6-sdfks-7.jpeg

Sounds like it looks:

When you're driving to the City from your humongous country pad you park at a, er, park and ride, unload your electric smart from the back, and save the congestion charge.

images

That said.

Even better is one of these:

FotosArtC945.jpg

goldeneye-brosnan-tie-check.jpg

You don't have to stop at red lights, which is just for wimps anyway.

If traffic is congested, you just drive through the houses next to the road.

Etc.

Lot's of advantages, few cons I'd say.

Now ya know.

hi mate.

I'm well, hope you are too.

all good fun and can't go wrong with any choices jezza makes, that's for sure (y)

yes mate, still unsure when they arrive in the uk, complete with the steering wheel on the correct side of the cabin and not some odd configuration other parts of the world seem to enjoy. since my original post ford uk has now introduced them on their website and can be configured.

Reactions: BSD
Really good to see you still around mate.

All good and well here too.

That new Mustang really does look nice.

Particularly now they've finally gotten around to putting a proper rear axis as the rest of the world understands em on it, so it's no longer the widow maker of yore !

http://jalopnik.com/the-one-tweak-to-the-2015-ford-mustang-that-will-change-1476575767

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Love watching / reading Clarkson, kinda rare combination of clever and funny.

I decided not to renew my licence, My right leg is not as nimble as it used to be and I am nervous with the pedals. I have been hiring from Avis for the last three years, having delivered my trusty Peugeot to the police pound but, now, I am calling it quits.

I'm telling you guys, less than 100 pounds per day with an Avis car makes a big saving to one's wallet. Of course, you can only use it ocasionally and owning a car is a big covenience. Nevertheless, no tax, repairs, RAC, etc and a pensioners pass on the public transport makes a big difference to one's spending power.

******** to the prestige of owning a Merc! :)

A cliché, but still...

porsche_911_996_17_0.jpg

In my defence, I don't care about the image, but I am a petrolhead and it is a phenomenal car. Especially in the snow :D

A cliché, but still...

porsche_911_996_17_0.jpg

In my defence, I don't care about the image, but I am a petrolhead and it is a phenomenal car. Especially in the snow :D

That car is a beauty;) , Porsche 911...i hope to buy a used one shortly.
Early 2000's model used w/ miles...around $20K.

That car is a beauty;) , Porsche 911...i hope to buy a used one shortly.
Early 2000's model used w/ miles...around $20K.

Early 996s are excellent value now, on the cusp between 'old' and 'classic'. Just be aware that while they may be cheap to buy, they ain't cheap to keep in that condition. They're old cars now and things will go wrong or just need replacing.

My guilty secret is that I have just as much fun in my wife's MX5 where you can really thrash it, you'd not keep your licence long doing that in the Porsche...