What are the best sites offering demo accounts to practice on?

Jul 24, 2009
you can use vse.marketwatch.com
many people use this for paper trading. you can just sign up and join someone's game. there's rankings too so you can see how you perform amongst others.
i used it before. the only problem i would say is that the transactions are delayed 20 minutes...but better than nothing i guess

Jul 8, 2009
you can use vse.marketwatch.com
many people use this for paper trading. you can just sign up and join someone's game. there's rankings too so you can see how you perform amongst others.
i used it before. the only problem i would say is that the transactions are delayed 20 minutes...but better than nothing i guess
what VSE? used to use that lol, terrible although still managed to make it into top 100 of the players club

Aug 5, 2009
I suggest a data replay program using futures data from the cme. allows one to practice multiple scenarios and won't take up your whole day watching the market. worked for me!

Ed

Feb 16, 2008
CityOdds UK give you £100,000 of funny money when you register

CityOdds has a browser-based trading platform for trading daily binary options on a bunch of markets. They give you £100,000 of funny money in a demo account when you register and you don't need to enter a credit card or anything.

Mar 13, 2009
hiya i wonder if anyone can help.i have been using ig index for a few months, and i have wanted to get rid of the guaranteed stop loss, which adds 3 pips to all my trades. I emailed them, and they told me i needed to call them before this would be removed. Does anyone know what it is they ask on the phone? I dont want to be sold anything, or be on the phone for ages, wondered if anyone could help. thanks

Dec 1, 2008
California
Free Futures platform called TradePulse

Here is a youtube link on this platform for TradePulse. its a free platform as far I see from the link. But I am just using the demo it as i need live data on the ES and YM. :mad:
YouTube - The best "Free" Futures Trading Platform--TradePulse / OEC Trader / Trade Pulse

Please add your replies to this thread.

You can add new answers, post links to threads/articles/websites of interest or copy/paste posts from existing threads. Our new Content Team will moderate this thread, merging your replies into hopefully a definitive answer to this question.

T2W's aim is to be the leading educational resource for traders, doing everything we can to help make you a successful trader. If you'd like to take a more active role in assisting us on the educational/content side, then PLEASE join our NEW Content Team, please send me a private message to volunteer. Everyone is welcome to join, you don't need to be a trading expert! You just need to help us get the very best out of the forums and the goldmine of information we have on here. We need your help! :smart:

carlos b

Mar 25, 2009
i already have alpari demo using mt4 for forex and am reasonably happy..

i am looking to branch out on mt4 from just forex....
does anyone know :

1. the best demo account available that i can trade indicies from the mt4 platform as well?

2. is it possible to have multiple accounts on mt4 to switch between brokers from the one open platform?

3. if so .. how do you do this (all new demo aplications demand you download an new version of metatrader each time, which i assume will just screw up the current setup).. i have searched meta forums etc and still unsure..

happy pippping

LoveToTrade

Mar 1, 2010
I would highly recommend www.thinkorswim.com

Excellent customer support within online live chat within the platform. Super fast platform, excellent charting, pretty easy to use but intricate enough to keep you interested. Fast fills, can probably get real time quotes with a demo account if you convince them that you will fund with real $

Based in the US but trade multitude of instruments.

Demo platform exactly the same as the Live Platform. Great platform imo.