Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short FTSE 4485 Stop 4505 tgt: 12pts

Reason: As US opens, market usually drops a bit, plus 4480 should hold for the day and 4500 definitely should. Will open long on FTSE when it hits 4460.

I wonder how many traders are waiting to short the FTSE when it gets to 4500?

About as many who were ready to buy @ 4100?

Which is why I think when we reach it (today or whenever) price will react decisively.

4100 was amazing, touched it and away away away for 6 days.

I had two attempts to short the Footsie this morning. Didn't make much but, if you get in high enough, you can get a few points, or breakeven. Frankly, I was glad that my job requirements made me pack in when I did !

It's true that you have to trade what you see. My averages were pretty flat but they were going up---not down.

5m , your going to want to see the 13.20 bar close hold 88.3

EDIT :: with ref to the BO-retest thing I was talking about

I assume that at 4500 there will be a bit of overshoot, particularly on the sb platforms, then a pull back, then a retest of the level again. After that's happened I'll be looking to enter. Am conscious though that as we get closer to the US open the FTSE levels cease to have as much significance however.

I assume that at 4500 there will be a bit of overshoot, particularly on the sb platforms, then a pull back, then a retest of the level again. After that's happened I'll be looking to enter. Am conscious though that as we get closer to the US open the FTSE levels cease to have as much significance however.

I have no idea what will happen, but we are above 4493 - highest close of the four daily candles in May June, but the shadows are on the other side of R2.

We'll hit 4500, will be interesting.

Shorted CAD/JPY once again. I'm going to get this trade if its the last thing I do! Enter @ 8577. SL 60 pips.

Short FTSE @ 4500. SL @ 25 pips.

:)

There is quite an interesting section on the PaddyPower home page showing what open positions people have ( i presume on their trading platform) in various markets. They are currently showing 82% are short the FTSE. 84% short the DAX but only 34% short the DOW. Make of that what you will.

Shorted CAD/JPY once again. I'm going to get this trade if its the last thing I do! Enter @ 8577. SL 60 pips.

Short FTSE @ 4500. SL @ 25 pips.

:)

I just don't understand that trade on CAD/JPY? the H4 trend is up. the trend is up on all TF's - what did I miss, or are you just crazy? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.