Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
essentially lapster i've lost plenty of money in equities and even SBing to know what using 'real money' feels like (believe it or not i even know what it feels like to gain money!)...

but only an idiot or a gambler would keep using money in a situation where consistency and education are lacking.

so 'real money' is out and pts are in, until my education results in relative consistency from a simple system.

i feel quite liberated actually! i'm nowhere near you chaps regarding education or making money from this, i'm still at the very bottom of my learning curve, but the spectre of gambling is an unpleasant one. that's what i was doing last year and up until recently SBing.

Got stopped out on my two earler CAD/JPY trades. Think we will have a re-test of 8600 in the offing.

Will short once again at that point.

:)

Got stopped out on my two earler CAD/JPY trades. Think we will have a re-test of 8600 in the offing.

Will short once again at that point.

:)

Agreed Manya, I never wanted to enter again above 500 as I think, as you can see on 1H/4H, that price doesn't hang around between '353 and 600 - its either going to one level or the other and wants to get there. That halfway point can be good to get on board but I'm happy to go b/e on a failed trade from either side waiting for an entry on either of those two outer levels.

If a short from 8600 fails that channel on the daily @ 8700 gives a target - although I'm quite keen on a short playing out from '600.

EUR/GBP has been good to me this morning. The usual "follow the average" stuff and I,ve had three profitable ones on Footsie, although only took 14 points, there.

I'm getting a bit creaky to concentrate on two trades at once!

essentially lapster i've lost plenty of money in equities and even SBing to know what using 'real money' feels like (believe it or not i even know what it feels like to gain money!)...

but only an idiot or a gambler would keep using money in a situation where consistency and education are lacking.

so 'real money' is out and pts are in, until my education results in relative consistency from a simple system.

i feel quite liberated actually! i'm nowhere near you chaps regarding education or making money from this, i'm still at the very bottom of my learning curve, but the spectre of gambling is an unpleasant one. that's what i was doing last year and up until recently SBing.

I understand the sentiment - but unfortunately for me that 'liberating' feeling of paper trading also causes me to lose focus. I have to have something, no matter how small, at stake to drill home lessons learned. Everyone's different, I wish it wasn't so - paper trading would have saved me greatly, but I would never find myself either motivated or focussed enough as I do.

And hey, no flattery! I am not one of 'you chaps' with either education or an overall trading account in the black - I've been at this less than a year and it continues to be painful, laborious and enlightening. Its the ultimate reward however far down the road that's worth it, and if only paper trading worked for me I may even be able to take the hits to get there!

EUR/GBP has been good to me this morning. The usual "follow the average" stuff and I,ve had three profitable ones on Footsie, although only took 14 points, there.

I'm getting a bit creaky to concentrate on two trades at once!

Split, you caught EURGBP too? Great stuff - and likewise with managing multiple trades, I was never good at multitasking!

Staying out of the whipsaw waiting period after the main early am moves as you mentioned has added much needed balance for on and off-screen time.

Have you read Mr Charts thread (apart from Cornflower). He takes a chunk out of the middle of trending shares.

Take a look at EUR/GBP, this morning. There wasn't much gambling in that one.

Have you read Mr Charts thread (apart from Cornflower). He takes a chunk out of the middle of trending shares.

i've been meaning to go through it properly split. only had cursory looks so far.

Sorry to butt in, is this thread from Mr Charts on this forum? Quick search didn't find it.

I understand the sentiment - but unfortunately for me that 'liberating' feeling of paper trading also causes me to lose focus. I have to have something, no matter how small, at stake to drill home lessons learned. Everyone's different, I wish it wasn't so - paper trading would have saved me greatly, but I would never find myself either motivated or focussed enough as I do.

And hey, no flattery! I am not one of 'you chaps' with either education or an overall trading account in the black - I've been at this less than a year and it continues to be painful, laborious and enlightening. Its the ultimate reward however far down the road that's worth it, and if only paper trading worked for me I may even be able to take the hits to get there!

i hope saying i felt 'liberated' didn't sound glib lapster. what i mean is liberated from the worries of the possibility of my being a gambler. needing the excitement of money at stake to motivate me trying to trade. something i've been worried about for a while, but not any more as i feel just the same anxiety and thrill at gaining/losing pts as i did when money was involved.

paper trading would have saved me many thousands, but that's too late unfortunately. however what i've just realised is not too late, is to eliminate money now.

should money bear any relevance anyway?

if money dominates this learning process, could that be harmful in the long run?

anyhoo, i'm off to read about the marvel that is 'the divine proportion'. :cheesy:

I am finding today extremely frustrating. Want to get involved but do not have a clue where we go from here. My gut tells me that the US will take us higher, but as i have no real conviction or any signals pointing to this i have no choice but to sit on my hands, which are numb .....but at least im not losing money. As i write guess what we have spiked up in the US.

i hope saying i felt 'liberated' didn't sound glib lapster. what i mean is liberated from the worries of the possibility of my being a gambler. needing the excitement of money at stake to motivate me trying to trade. something i've been worried about for a while, but not any more as i feel just the same anxiety and thrill at gaining/losing pts as i did when money was involved.

paper trading would have saved me many thousands, but that's too late unfortunately. however what i've just realised is not too late, is to eliminate money now.

should money bear any relevance anyway?

if money dominates this learning process, could that be harmful in the long run?

anyhoo, i'm off to read about the marvel that is 'the divine proportion'. :cheesy:

We all have our own demons that come out of this - if yours is the possibility of thrills developing into something more, then paper trading suits (perhaps swing trading and not intraday trading suits even more?)

Either way, I never thought you were being glib.

I am finding today extremely frustrating. Want to get involved but do not have a clue where we go from here. My gut tells me that the US will take us higher, but as i have no real conviction or any signals pointing to this i have no choice but to sit on my hands, which are numb .....but at least im not losing money. As i write guess what we have spiked up in the US.

If I can make a suggestion: see the trendline from lows of 18 June, highs 24 / 26 June, high Jul 1 - we are there now. Then look @ WS earlier post with the lower trendlines. Work between them, trade a break out either side, otherwise do nothing.

Simple and boring, but hey, as you said - You are not losing money.

bit of a breakout-retest going on in the FTSE 10min at mo , for those that are watching the idea.

EDIT :: thats on 5 min charts , easier to see than 10

Last edited:
If I can make a suggestion: see the trendline from lows of 18 June, highs 24 / 26 June, high Jul 1 - we are there now. Then look @ WS earlier post with the lower trendlines. Work between them, trade a break out either side, otherwise do nothing.

Simple and boring, but hey, as you said - You are not losing money.

I am very grateful for any suggestions. I will have a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.