Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning everyone,
The Key data to look out for today will be the US unemployment rate which is the most important piece of data that will be watched closely by hedge funds...

The market is expecting 9.9%
If it is 10.0% or higher, expect a huge sell-off.
If it is 9.9% or lower, the markets will shoot up.

1 decimal point today will make all the difference!!!

Data out at 1:30pm UK time

Mr Lakhan,

10.2%

Not exactly a huge sell off ............a huge buy programme if you ask me.

This is why you should never trade on news folks

Technical Analysis rules

Last edited:
The only trade that I have at present is Nasdaq long @ 1714 ...stop loss 1700

target 1734

closed @ 1731 early as market put in a top ............. + 17 points

looking very top heavy

european indices lagging , FTSE and DAX still trading within Indside bars on daily

5163 ...............we still can't get over it

> 5163 ftse very bullish

< 5163 ftse very bearish

watch the head and shoulder formation on Nasdaq

Attachments

• US Tech 100 Daily Future (De (06-NOV-09).png
    US Tech 100 Daily Future (De (06-NOV-09).png
    14.8 KB · Views: 117
closed @ 1731 early as market put in a top ............. + 17 points

looking very top heavy

european indices lagging , FTSE and DAX still trading within Indside bars on daily

5163 ...............we still can't get over it

> 5163 ftse very bullish

< 5163 ftse very bearish

Timberrrrr...........

and down she comes

back to sp500 1061 ..............and then bounce

> 1061

keep watching 1061

Any suggestions ws?

Oil down around 3$, eur down, dollar up, fundamentals worse than expected and markets not rolled over!?!

:)

US jobless rate at a 26 year high! Etc Etc and markets are not far from yearly highs.

Last edited:
Mr Lakhan,

10.2%

Not exactly a huge sell off ............a huge buy programme if you ask me.

This is why you should never trade on news folks

Technical Analysis rules

The initial reaction was a sell-off.... and also take a look at crude at its lows as we speak. Technical indicators help but news is everything folks.

The initial reaction was a sell-off.... and also take a look at crude at its lows as we speak. Technical indicators help but news is everything folks.
So much for the news mr Lakhan,, didnt really get smashed did it? nice bounce back,,,

Any charts u can post?

CHRISTMAS PRESENTS ARE EARLY THIS YEAR FROM THE MARKET.....
for all you day traders and short term traders
charts of the eurusd and yenusd.the main runners in the dollar index
1.eurousd
15 min data points.the top part of the latest pattern.a catapult is forming.it has had a triple-top,now retracing.so in order to get a good break above 1.4920 area,there should be rising lows appearing.not showing up as yet.we can see that 1.4920 area is a strong resistance area...green arrow
now at the bottom of the pattern..red arrow,was the bull trap that occurred this week.caught me off guard on tuesday morning !! so that area is a strong support area
so expect plenty of volatility within the range of the two arrows
we need to see rising lows appear at the bottom to get a good break upwards...bottom line

2a77kpd.png

this should follow thru for most markets
an opinion only

xmas is early this year for day traders/short term traders

33z37o9.jpg

Last edited:
yen.in a downtrend.now at resistance.so no clues here.the euro chart shows the better patterns

dhcsj4.png

Mr Lakhan,

the market only sold off for 30-45 minutes and then reversed, you have to be the first Hedge fund Manager that has taken a trade based on such a short time frame. I always thought hedge Fund managers invested in the medium-long term time horizon.

With regards to your comment on US Crude oil, it was weak from a technical perspective as it has been putting lower lows and lower highs on an hourly time frame(I have attached a chart to illustrate this). The EUR/USD has been very strong breaking out of its downtrend and threatening to breach 1.49, it did and went as high as 1.4915 on the wick when oil made a rebound to $79 @ 14.40. The EUR/USD would have pushed higher trading above the outside bar @ 1.4892 and trading higher to 1.5 if it were not for oil. Oil has support at $77-76.5 and if this holds and trades higher , then you will certainly see EUR/USD go to 1.5 and higher next week. All pull backs are healthy in an up-trend folks .........

I will cover the US cruse oil and EUR/USD over the weekend........please keep an eye on Benzinga for the update!!!

as you are aware the following post was written by GladiatorX on your blog;
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/uk-indices/77338-ftse-100-futures-trading-tips.html

"You say 'Maybe, may, maybe this will happen, we might do this'

If you want to CALL trades say
Entry:
Stop loss:
Exit:

Otherwise stop half calling the markets by saying
'Maybe the FTSE will go up, maybe it will go down, maybe we will stay flat... Its possible that the US market will lead, its possible that the US market is leading again'
Then after
' Right enough, the US markets lead'

Stop all that rubbish and call the markets or don't bother.

I just want to make it clear Mr Lakhan, I am not against you at all. I welcome every individual on here who shares there analysis with charts or variables, justifying the reason to take the trade. I along with several others have asked you to share your analysis but you still haven't worked out how to upload one from your bloomberg terminal.

I think you intend on giving vague/ambiguous/obscure analysis in order to make sure you are never wrong(which means you are never held to account).

I have come to the conclusion that you are not a fund manager, because a fund amanger would not short the market for 30 minutes. I think you have set up a little private equity fund with your friends/colleagues and are trying to recruit new customers/followers in order to drum up business. That is fine, i just wish you would be honest with us all and promote your business elsewhere whilst sharing your analysis with us too.

you are more than welcome here my friend, please post entry, exit and stop loss levels as it helps the newbies understand how to trade the markets.

I apologise if I upset you but I had an email from an individual who lost £2000 by following your call, I think maybe because he didn't know when to get out as you didn't post a stop loss, so I was compelled to write this message.

once again my sincere apologies If i have upset you .......

Lets start off on a new note on moday by posting entry, exit, stop loss etc.......

thank you

Attachments

• US Light Crude (DEC-09).png
    US Light Crude (DEC-09).png
    17.7 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
(MarketWatch) -- U.S. stocks in the week ahead face more discord between investors confident a solid economic rebound will power shares even higher and those expecting a bumpy recovery that will stall stocks' rise.

This divergence in outlook has produced some big day-to-day swings for the major indexes, which still managed to close the week with healthy gains of more than 3%. And it's created choppy trading on days when investors showed themselves at odds over a major report, such as Friday's survey on October job losses.

"There's a tension in the market," said John Osterweis, president of Osterweis Capital Management in San Francisco.

In one camp, he notes, are investors who believe the economy turned the corner in June and are buying stocks in anticipation of better earnings. In another are those saying high unemployment and struggling consumers warrant more caution about owning stocks.

"I'd expect some volatility between bulls," and the bears, he said.

The bulls won last week, driving the Dow Jones Industrial Average (INDU 10,023, +17.46, +0.17%) back over 10,000 and pushing the benchmark indexes to their best weekly gains in four weeks.

In recent weeks, however, it hasn't taken much for sentiment to swing the other way, with some reversals tied to third-tier economic releases, such as consumer credit on Friday.

The opposing forces could play out next week as stock investors counter a steady stream of Federal Reserve speakers, an early-November poll on consumer sentiment and a report on the September trade gap. See Economic Calendar

U.S. Week Ahead: Retailers, Health Care
There still are 60 S&P companies left to report earnings, but markets will kick off against a backdrop of weaker jobs and mixed data. Major retail names will release results, and there's also key legislation from Capitol Hill. Stacey Delo reports.

Several companies tied to households' ability to spend, including Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (WMT 51.25, -0.03, -0.06%) , Walt Disney Co. (DIS 28.56, -0.44, -1.52%) , Nordstrom Inc. (JWN 33.93, +0.01, +0.03%) and Beazer Homes USA Inc. (BZH 4.47, -0.09, -1.97%) , will report quarterly results.

Certain sectors, notably health-care and financials, may react to progress on legislation. Top Democrats were planning to hold a vote Saturday in the House of Representatives on a sweeping health-care reform bill. Legislation on bank reform is moving slowly through a House committee. See story on House bill.

And the U.S. dollar, whose 15% tumble from its March lows has supported higher commodities prices and U.S. companies' overseas earnings, could find some support if leaders from G20 nations over the weekend say anything specifically about the greenback's drop and the advances in their currencies.

Last edited:
Dollar Will Likely Ride Higher on Bleak Jobs Report

The dollar is likely to trade higher in the week ahead, with Friday's worse-than-expected U.S. non-farm payrolls data for October seen as the driving force for currency markets at least until mid week.

The dollar eked out a gain against most major currencies other than the yen after the government said the unemployment rate rose to 10.2 percent, the highest since April 1983.

Concerns about the recovery in the world's largest economy typically send investors into the relative safe haven of U.S. government debt on the assumption U.S. taxpayers will always repay it.

That stokes demand for the dollars to buy that debt. The continued negative trends in the U.S. employment data will keep pressure on the dollar. That pressure will likely continue until there is improvement on the road to recovery.

Analysts cautioned that the effect of the jobs data will fade as the week moves closer to the most significant data of the week, the Reuters/University of Michigan preliminary November consumer sentiment survey on Friday.

"Traders will soon revert to the traditional view of employment as a lagging indicator and most other numbers are recovering," said Joseph Trevisani, senior market analyst at FX Solutions in Saddle River, New Jersey. "The overall picture is still recovering mildly and that economic sentiment should reassert by the latest Wednesday, and probably sooner."

If investors return to the belief the U.S. and global economies are recovering, they will swing back to increased risk tolerance, raising demand for higher-yielding assets and the currencies to buy them at the expense of the greenback.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.