Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you believe it Pentlow?

I was short the dow before announcement at 1013 with stop at 1033. The price hit 1037 and stopped me out from a 70 pnts drop!

I guess the trade the opposite way to the first move would have worked a treat!!

:LOL:

Shorted at 5105. Now will see how price reacts at 5070 level if it goes there. I might close and then go long at 5070.

Let us not forget that this is a Friday. The 10.2% is bigger than expected and I think the market will continue to be bearaish so I am favouring staying short and scalping very small pips on the long.

I think the next move is when all the longs have been stopped out, ( i think most people with positions were long going into this figure) and the market says thats the worst NFP figures we will see, so lets buy the market. I would expect a major reversal sometime today. So when do i buy????????????

The FTSE has now hit the bottom of my up channel on the 1hr TF, will it bounce form here. i will wait for the US to open before commiting.

Shame i didnt trade what i thought. Missed the ride up, Bu**er.

Last edited:
Non Farm Payrolls for October presented a decidedly mixed picture with headline unemployment rate jumping into double digits but the job losses from payrolls dropping bellow the -200K barrier, The unemployment rate reached 10.2% - the highest level in more than 26 years, breaking the psychologically important 10% barrier. However payrolls dipped below -200K to -190K for only the second time in more than a year indicating that layoffs are beginning to plateau. Additionally average hourly earnings increased to 2.4% y/y from 2.2% eyed suggesting that wage deflation has eased.

Despite the fact that the 10.2% unemployment rate may weigh heavy on consumer sentiment ahead of the key Christmas shopping season, capital markets displayed a relatively muted reaction to the data and were more encouraged by the deceleration in job losses rather than the increase in unemployment. Equity futures were off only modestly while risk trades in FX also saw only a moderate retreat. EUR/USD which had traded as high as 1.4900 ahead of the number retraced to 1.4850 in the aftermath the release.

The key question going forward is whether the capital markets will perceive today’s results as a wash out number and will look to the positive rate of change in the payroll data as precursor of better labor conditions to come. If so, equities and risk FX may stabilize as the day progresses and could stage a mild rally to the close. However, today’s NFP report fell far short of an unambiguously bullish result and therefore the risk trade appears to be capped for the time being at 1.5000 EUR/USD until markets see further evidence of recovery in economic activity

based on variables .....

market should stabilise if

sp500 > 1061

nasdaq > 1705

ftse > 5080

dax > 5420

eur/usd > 1.4850

oil > $77

it is going to be an interesting session to say the least

I think, it will try to fill the gap at US open, may fill it, may not, but after filling it or failed attempt of filling it, it shall drop. I see shorts at 5125 to 5135 region.

based on variables .....

market should stabilise if

sp500 > 1061

nasdaq > 1705

ftse > 5080

dax > 5420

eur/usd > 1.4850

oil > $77

it is going to be an interesting session to say the least

Yes, it looks like its reversal city already .........

speak to you all later folks

Those of you that I have taught will have spotted the bounce at the 200 MA on FTSE and DAX .........It should have made 20-30 points already

take care

so much difference b/w theory and practice. I just said above, I am looking for long around 5075, but I didnt go long. Instead I went short at 5100, and didnt close when it reached 5075. So far I would be 55 points in profit. Right now a running RED.

FFFF**

The only trade that I have at present is Nasdaq long @ 1714 ...stop loss 1700

target 1734

last message

amended to break even

keep watching the EUR/USD ........we could get a breach of the inside on 4hr chart, candle close above 1.4892 and its bonfire night for EUR/USD

no more posts as I have mentoring to do

Yes, it looks like its reversal city already .........

speak to you all later folks

Those of you that I have taught will have spotted the bounce at the 200 MA on FTSE and DAX .........It should have made 20-30 points already

take care

Phwoaahhhhh..........talk about reversal city folks

Status
Not open for further replies.