US Indices intraday trading - JULY 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
thx Paddington, I am not a conflict man....I find it waste of time and energy...

HOWEVER, if someone could explain to me what is going on at the other thread about making money and leaving dirty messages on non-trading websites I think i would like to hear it....

Sun

It seems that "someone" doesn`t like the questions being asked of him. So is resorting to childish measures.

No doubt some people will get abusive PM`s and/or e-mails if he`s that sad.

Do you think if we all buy his cd he`ll like us again :cheesy:

Steve

Bullish Bear, I sometimes wonder about the instinct :)... I really have to control my temper at times....

I bumbed a car by accident today very slightly, but the guy thought I did it intentionally, he kicked my car and hit it with a fist. I stopped and got out, he had 2 mates with him, but I didnt give a ****, I walked straight up to him, looked him straight in the eyes and send him a BIG smile, saying I am soo sorry...

TO me that is victory, when you dont have to fight...

May I ask as a newbie if the path is meant to be the actual Dow index or the performance of the trin, may sound a stupid question but wanted to fully understand......thanks

here we go again then. 5 minutes of excitement followed by 6 hours of boredom! Could this July contrast anymore with last July!

Sun you can't go around 'bumbing' other peoples cars! Is that what they call auto-erotica?

well, I dont know what the problem is Stevem12. I like the man, but I will give him a piece of advice if he wants it..dont ever make promises, dont ever talk money, dont ever show how much you made...you can post trades, but leave the lot size out it. MONEY is a highly personal thing.....if he is teaching people the bare essential, then he is a coach, and that is fantastic....and of course a coach should be paid money for it....but I would not bother getting into a pie fight with those who disbelieve him or not...

posting profitable trades and/or losses is pointless....except it may prove to himself that he can do it....

wrp to the CDs, hey good for him...you guys should focus on one thing only and that is to make money...that is what we are here for...and to have a giggle and let ROSSo to the pi@@ on me from time to time..

it helps typing a bit so I got two stories for you...

My own mentor once phoned me up while the SP was trading....We chatted about this and that and while we did, the SP made a dboule top late in the day, and volume was declining....

He said to me: that is a fuc'ing short there(he swears a lot), so we both shorted it. he got 834, I got 833.50 ( typical, when you are trying to impress!!!)...anyway the market went our way and we closed it out after a lot of swearing and cursing 10-15 minutes later at 826...

I got 826.75 ( typical ) and he got 826! ( he is VERY good )

anyway, he said, ah, that was a nice $$$, mentioning the amount.... that is when it hit me that I had trade double the lot size he had, and he has traded for 30 years....I asked him why he traded that size when he was clearly able to trade much bigger both psychologiccally and financially....he said, and I will never forget that....." i just trade whatever I am comfortable with...if I feel good I will trade a little bigger and if I am a littel tired or it is late, then I will trade smaller...." I thought that was so powerful because he was totally at peace with himself and didnt feel HE HAD TO PROVE ANYTHING!!!!

The other story is about someoen YOU ALL KNOW from the financial media...he is a good friend of mine who started writing a newsletter ( he really is the best analyst I have ever known) , he told me that he would rather write newsletters and help people and get the money that way than expose himself to the stress of trading....It surprised me a little because I thought he loved trading...but this business is tough...so I understand when some say they would rather teach than trade.....the problem is in my mind when they make outragous claims like VS...Making £1000 a month is not an outragous claim, but it is a little on the rich side for a complete newbie in my mind...

anyway, I got a few things off my chest and I feel better for it as well....

TRADE TO WIN: I am sorry about my language in the previous post

Bramley, it is supposed to be the Dow/ SP500...sometimes it is time maching perfect...othertimes it is in the words of Ford or Rosso out by a country mile....I could elaborate a lot more but I have posted at lenght about it, so I would suggest reading previous posts...

Sidinuk, her parents were inthe back of the car :) :) :)

This market is very bullish, to be down only 23 points on the Dow after such terrible news. Surely this must mean we've got further to go up in the medium term.

if this is the trend of the day, that the small retracements on the path all of a sudden bounces the Dow in 50 points, then we could easily end up with a monster day up and the market path is showing higher later....be careful today!

took my Dax shorts off at 3424...could have been a lot better if I had been at home....

Now I am long at the same price....stop is not in abut will be around 3410

chester said:
This market is very bullish, to be down only 23 points on the Dow after such terrible news. Surely this must mean we've got further to go up in the medium term.

bull markets ignore bad news ?

Anyone believe in the PPT?? Looks like they may have been busy today....if they exist of course

Status
Not open for further replies.