UK 2015 General Election FTSE Help

only1trader

Hello Forum,

My name is Lee, I have just registered with this forum today for some quick fire advice.

I am quite new to the trading scene but I have a lot of interest in stocks and shares.

I have had an account with IG markets for over two years and haven't used it to its full potential. I have just traded a couple of times with small amounts of money more as a hobby, not to great success.

With the general elections happening tomorrow, I am just looking for some advice to see how the markets would react on Friday results day.

I think I might add some money to my IG account and place an order for Sell contracts on the FTSE to drop on Friday as there are many reports that we will be facing a hung parliament.

What are your views?

I hope to hear from you soon,

Kind regards,

Lee

OK for a flutter but will tell you nothing about the game. Like the Grand National and horse racing.

You know you're just punting, right? Not only are you having to guess the election outcome and then the impact on the market, but you're also assuming no outside influences in terms of oil, dollar or bond market moves, which given current volatility is a big risk. But in the spirit of it being a punt: I'd go for another Con/LibDem coalition which the market will like, so up. Unless blown off track by a major global wobble which I wouldn't rule out.

I'd go for another Con/LibDem coalition which the market will like, so up. Unless blown off track by a major global wobble which I wouldn't rule out.

There could be volatility until a coalition is announced. May 18th is the official cut off date to form a coalition.

The market doesn't like uncertainty, plus the thought of Ed milli becoming P.M and chasing the banks for tougher regulations,Also hsbc threatening to dispose of it toys from the pram and move abroad .

Personal opinion, would be "down" until some faith is restored and a con/libdem gov is back in. Then "up"