UK 2015 General Election - Competition

Hence Pat got it right i think he should resign same goes for Sharky ...

Well, I'm all for fallin on swords and stuff - providing it's someone else. Far as I can see I won fair and square and Sharky looks like a million dollars in his speedos. It would be a crime against nature for either of us to cease ta exist.

It's only the losers that feel the need to resign.

Last edited:
shoes not shown.

Now she's being very careful, after appearing a few days ago without shoes at all, to much media comment.

I think she looks pretty good, for a politician's wife, really? Expectations are low.

The thread has been "edited" and posts removed AGAIN?! :eek:

Please excuse my commenting that it's absolutely bizarre and quite incomprehensible that a jovial, friendly, chatty, informal thread like this continually has posts removed from it, while at the same time it's close to impossible to persuade the moderators to remove the blatantly spammy self-promotional posting that litters most of the rest of the forum, however often one reports it. :cry:

Please excuse my commenting that it's absolutely bizarre and quite incomprehensible that a jovial, friendly, chatty, informal thread like this continually has posts removed from it, while at the same time it's close to impossible to persuade the moderators to remove the blatantly spammy self-promotional posting that litters most of the rest of the forum, however often one reports it. :cry:

Which posts have been removed ?

I actually wanted to reply to one of Pat's comments on being nice to women. It seems it got deleted, or at least removed by Pat, himself.

I was also going to make a fart joke, but I forgot it. Damn, I need to stop drinking. (Actually, my liver is been telling me this for weeks.)

Last edited:
Which posts have been removed ?

The posts I read late last night responding to my comment above about that nice "Sam Cam" being distinctly on the attractive side for a politician's wife (in my opinion).

I was neither hallucinating nor am I confabulating, Paul.

To be honest, I didn't reply only because it was late at night and I was much too tired to think of anything potentially entertaining to say; I decided to reply today, instead.

(Also, it seems from the post above that I am not the only person who has noticed the further removal of posts from the thread.)

To clarify - it's not the removal, in itself, of those posts about which I'm complaining: it's the irony of having such "casual"/"joking" posts removed in the face of regularly encountering such extreme opposition to any suggestions of removing the ubiquitous, spammy, self-promotional posting appearing in so many other parts of the forum. I want to be really clear about this, and I certainly am complaining about it, in public, now, (as indeed one member of staff has suggested to me that I should), after frequent attempts to do so in private have repeatedly met with absolutely no positive or productive reaction at all. There's a problem, here, and it's not going away until someone fixes it. As Ian Duncan Smith once (nearly) said, to continue the political theme with which this fine thread started and has continued: "Do not underestimate the determination of a normally quiet member".

Ban alexa !

LOL, thank you for your support in this matter. :p

More seriously, of course I'm posting like this in the awareness that that may be the outcome. I would prefer not, overall, but the realistic alternative is in any case for me to be driven away exactly like countless others before me, many of whom have commented publicly (both here and elsewhere) on the reasons for their departure. In my opinion, the only real rules a forum of this kind needs are two, if they're strictly enough enforced: "no self-promotional posting" and "no rudeness". They would absolutely transform the place, and possibly even gradually attract the return of a large number of formerly active members.

It seems to me (and apparently to some others) that it would be a trivially easy task to accomplish. :|

This thread was cleaned up at the request of the OP and that was why some posts were removed. As for the couple that disappeared today it wasn't the mods that did it.

Just because you report a large number of posts does not mean that the mods agree with the reasoning behind why you have reported them and reporting it twice will not change that view. Some of what you report that may look like spam often has no commercial agenda so is not deleted for that reason. However, a large number of the posts you report are deleted so your comment that we don't respond is not how things actually are.

Last edited:
reporting it twice will not change that view.

On the contrary: when I've reported things as spam, and three days later reported the same post again as spam, some have been removed. One thread, in particular, which was absolutely packed with full-colour advertisements as clickable links to a commercial website, was removed the fifth or sixth time I reported it, over a period of about 10 days. I commented on it at the time to the members of staff to whom I sent links to it. Eventually, the incontrovertible point was evidently taken, Paul, and the entire thread was removed. Understandably, obviously and inescapably, that has taught me that persistence sometimes does pay! :cool:

Some of what you report that may look like spam often has no commercial agenda so is not deleted for that reason.

And some is posted purely to provide a link to a commercial service, sometimes by people who have also been round several other trading forums on the same day(s) and done exactly the same thing there (they are removed, elsewhere, naturally). More clear-cut self-promotion than that, you simply couldn't ask for.

a large number of the posts you report are deleted

Yes, some are, indeed: I happily acknowledge this and I thank you for it. It improves the forum for all members apart from the spammers.

your comment that we don't respond is not how things actually are.

My comment about "lack of response" above was not referring to post-deletions: I was talking about the persistent and extreme difficulty of getting responses to private messages sent to staff and explaining that I'm complaining in public only after repeated complaints in private (by messages, not by "reports") achieved nothing.

I may decide to continue to complain openly until more happens.

Ban me, a member who contributes freely with no self-promotion at all, or ban the persistent spammers. Your call. (Or Sharky's, anyway - same thing, from the members' perspective, obviously).

I may decide to continue to complain openly until more happens.

Do as you wish but the mods are busy at the best of times and why you think we would ban you is beyond me, complaining is fine if done rerasonably which you have done so no issue from me.

Alexa for Moderator - :clap::clap::clap::clap:

LOL, the forum does not need (and doubtless would not want) me as a moderator.

It needs simple rules and simple enforcement, and an end to all this blatant spam and to the rudeness which drives so many members away, as so many explain, so openly, and for so long.

However much people may try to make it sound like a "complicated matter of judgment", it just isn't.

It's trivially easy.

Deciding that people coming here solely to promote the commercial link to their signal service on MyFxBook or whatever it's called "isn't self-promotional" is just plain mistaken. That isn't a "judgment call", when someone does that. It's obvious. It's clear-cut forum spam. It's black and white. My cat can understand this, and so can every other trading forum on the web.

Part of the problem is that the moderators say they can do no more because of Sharky's policies, while Sharky (if and when he eventually replies at all to perfectly polite private messages from concerned members) openly blames the moderators and says it's their policy and he doesn't interfere. Clearly, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing and they both blame each other. Yes, I'm calling them out on it in public.

There's no consistency. I may have this wrong but I honestly suspect there are almost no established moderation policies at all, really. That's how it looks, anyway.

Many other trading forums (including some of the ones to which this forum's former members understandably go, when they can no longer stand the spam and rudeness here) don't have these problems. ("Big Mike's Trading Forum" doesn't have these problems. He has and enforces two big rules: no self-promotional posting and no rudeness. That's all he has ever needed.)

Sorry, but it really IS as simple as that, however much people try to dress it up.

(I'll get my coat".)

Last edited:
It sounds like there would be no content left to read if this happened :)

Yes but threads that do remain would have more panache and class. :)

Moderators would have less work to do too...

I think it should be considered if Alexa is willing to wield that power. Of course not forgetting that - "With great power comes great responsibility" and Alexa is a responsible character. (y)

Just a side note yes Big mike has higher quality content but it is a vendors forum hands down !

Sharky is a very busy person and runs more than one business so his time to answer all the communications he gets is always pressured.