TRO Test Results

Me & TRO have something in common. We both like to mark 00 levels on our chart with a horizontal line. (y)

You can't be too careful where these little bugars are concerned. Marking them on a chart, helps -
1) break the chart up nicely by -
2) giving the chart definition and context.

For me, the 00 levels are often like the start of a new game, or passing go in Monopoly, once it is or is not broken (00 = the psychological level of S/R), a new chapter in the story begins.

As said previously I think marking the 25 point levels is really good for same reasons, and (y)flicking through charts you can get an instant understanding of the volatility.

Where did Avery go now that we want him ?

Actually Georgetown is a super part of Washington which at least when I was there had a great great party scene. Also very beautiful with lovely town houses, great architecture all around.

What was that main street there called again where all the clubs / bars were.

Edit ah there you are :)

Glad you guys like my band, 56 DELUXE.

"M" Street in Georgetown had the clubs.

THE BAYOU was on "K" street.

56 DELUXE is a high energy band. We play blues and rock. Originals and covers. CD should be ready in January 2009. We're not really a club band. We play concerts and festivals.

Glad you guys like my band, 56 DELUXE.

"M" Street in Georgetown had the clubs.

THE BAYOU was on "K" street.

56 DELUXE is a high energy band. We play blues and rock. Originals and covers. CD should be ready in January 2009. We're not really a club band. We play concerts and festivals.

Lovely. :)

Great stuff Avery, will look at your CD when it comes out.

Happy rockin' :)

2v0fs7k.gif

EURUSD win last hour...

This hour SHORT still open.

Breakeven (ignoring transaction costs) is exactly what you'd expect from any random system. You can take your pick of having loads of small winners v a few large losers, or a few large winners eroded away by many small losing trades.

Losts of small winners is clearly far better from a marketing perspective as it appeals to idiots who believe they can sit down for an hour a day and scalp 5 pips each and every day (until the 1st loser hits em, when they inevitably resort to doubling up :LOL:)

The question to be asked is this, does "momentum" as defined by the direction of the 1 hour bar give an edge ?. Well given that one of the dataum points (the line) is random, intuitively I'd expect it not to be so. I'd also argue that a "bar" is a completely arbitary construct and pretty much meaningless anyway, so comparing price at one randomly selected point in time, with a randomly selected price is laughable

I could very easily blow TRO's statistics completely out of the water, but I'm not going to as it reveals part of my edge

I'm not denying that the system can be traded with discretion, although why you'd wish to deliberately wish to handicap yourself by picking an arbitary entry, exit, and risk management strategy is completely beyond me. The ONLY way that TRO (and his other alias's) is going to prove this works is by making some live calls. This it might go up, it might go dow, I might have to think about closing nonsense has gone quite far enough.

I'm not having a go at TRO and his crew, they've a living to make, and they're just exploiting an inefficiency and weakness in the system. The admin and mods at T2W however should hang their heads in shame, whilst simultaneously patting themselves on the back for providing such quality entertainment

Talk about WAFFLING!!!

Other aliases... oh please... KILL THE MESSENGER!

What transaction costs? We are using fixed spread bandits, er, I mean brokers... So If I short at 78 and cover at 73, I have a net 5 pips.

I explained that in another post... READ IT!

First, some people complained that the H1 charts were "hiding" losses.

So now I post M1 charts with H1 shading.

But now, some people are talking about PROOF. That the charts I post are not good enough!!

This is so SIMPLE...

You know the rules.

The rules do not change.

All you have to do is put the EURUSD on a M1 chart and plot the HORIZONTAL LINES yourself. Either you'll see a winning trade or you'll see a losing trade. IT'S THAT SIMPLE.

You see my charts are TIME STAMPED. So you can match them to yours.

This is so SIMPLE...
QUOTE]

Yes, its very simple. small target + huge stop = high win rate :LOL:

anyone stupid enough to buy into this drivel needs to take a look at the backtest results, they'll confirm that you can quite often expect to get 16,17,18 consecutive wins in a row. Classic spam from a VENDOR

Now WHY WONT THE ADMIN REMOVE THE VENDOR TAG ?

How about this for a challenge. and it's for fun as much as anything.

I'm working next week, so I won't be able to look at the markets. However my EA will be running whilst I am at work. I am posting the daily results here:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex-discussion/34038-can-mechanical-forex-systems-work-26.html

So how about at the end of each day you post a statement from a demo account showing how sitting in front of these charts all day scalping away with your method for 5 pips can beat my EA which will take 0 screen hours of my time.

Up to it?

How about this for a challenge. and it's for fun as much as anything.

I'm working next week, so I won't be able to look at the markets. However my EA will be running whilst I am at work. I am posting the daily results here:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex-discussion/34038-can-mechanical-forex-systems-work-26.html

So how about at the end of each day you post a statement from a demo account showing how sitting in front of these charts all day scalping away with your method for 5 pips can beat my EA which will take 0 screen hours of my time.

Up to it?

One challenge at a time.

Yes my one - or are you chicken?:cheesy:

C'mon we all know how rubbish EA's are. Especially an EA that isn't even proven over any reasonable timescale.

You can choose the trades you take, the TP and the SL. Only rules are that you must trade your entry and Lot size is 0.1 so each trade is the same scale.

Yes my one - or are you chicken?:cheesy:

C'mon we all know how rubbish EA's are. Especially an EA that isn't even proven over any reasonable timescale.

You can choose the trades you take, the TP and the SL. Only rules are that you must trade your entry and Lot size is 0.1 so each trade is the same scale.

Are we on the school yard playground now?

Are you going to double dare me, too?

Would a double dare work?

I thought you liked a challenge, as I said in the first post it's a bit of fun as much as anything. It wouldn't prove a lot - but it would give you an opportunity to PROVE your method for a week without any restrictions - whilst also comparing it to a swing trading style.

north...
I was trying to run the EA using the "Open Prices Only" method ...just cuz...and the EA will only place 1 order...any thoughts on why that would be? I've used in on my own ea's and that didn't happen, so wondered why it does with yours.

Would a double dare work?

I thought you liked a challenge, as I said in the first post it's a bit of fun as much as anything. It wouldn't prove a lot - but it would give you an opportunity to PROVE your method for a week without any restrictions - whilst also comparing it to a swing trading style.

Just run the EA for the random horizontal lines method.