Profitable Manual Forex Trading Systems/Strategies/Methods

one of the best MetaStock code sites because 'all' Indicators and Expert Advisor code
are displayed on a chart -- you can see what they do, can be used as a source of
Indicator/EA info for any charting program:
MetaStock™ Zone / Trader.Online.pl?

MT4 code
MQL4 Code Base: expert advisors, custom indicators, scripts and libraries
Forex | Trading System | Signals | MACD | Indicator
Meta Trader 4 Expert Advisors - :: Vossough.Org ::
MetaTrader_Experts_and_Indicators Yahoo group code library, updated weekly:
http://www.forexmt4.com/

Forex Robot Trader

I recently bought Don Steinitz' Expert Advisor Robot at $99. It contains the Heiken-Ashi smoothed (HAS) indicator which I find useful as it is not included in my usual charting packages. Unfortunately my demo balance over periods of 1 to 7 days declines consistently. The Robot makes some rather odd trades such as selling when a currency has just bounced up off a strong resistance level; something a human trader normally wouldn't do ! Don, who gives constant email support, just shrugs off the losses and claims all trades eventually come back into profit, a process that can take up to 7 weeks on rare occasions (so he claims).

Whether they do or not does not really interest me as I don't trade in such a long time-frame. What does interest me is reverse-trading the robot's selections over the first few hours as they nearly all go into loss. Is there a simple tweak to change automatic
buy orders to sells, or vice versa? Otherwise I would have to pick them off manually but that kind of defeats the object of a robot.

Has this thought occurred to anyone else here: reverse-trading a known lousy robot or advisor?

no. you think 2 wrongs will make a profit ?

Reverse-trading a known losing source of information will show a net profit, so long as their incompetence continues consistently. Has no-one debated this philosphy here?

Anyone have success with letting a robot expert advisor run their account
on auto-pilot, or are they all doomed to failure?

Trevor2522, 'Better' the guy who won the Automated Trading Championship made
$130k profit in 12 weeks with his MT4 EA
see post # 21 for Yahoo MT group link for EA testing results
forextsd also tests, evaluates and there's EA user threads, several sites - google -
track performance, see also forexfactory

Trevor2522, 'Better' the guy who won the Automated Trading Championship made
$130k profit in 12 weeks with his MT4 EA
see post # 21 for Yahoo MT group link for EA testing results
forextsd also tests, evaluates and there's EA user threads, several sites - google -
track performance, see also forexfactory

I can't find Better's MT4 EA in those links. Has he made it freely available?

Which EA, if any, do you use for your trading? Thanks.

I can't find Better's MT4 EA in those links. Has he made it freely available?

it's difficult to believe you're asking this question
you bought an EA that doesn't work, do you really suppose that someone who's designed
a very profitable EA is going to give it away ?
not sure but Better's EA as per rules winning EA may have become the property of the
contest organizers; since the prize money was $40k, you can think of it in terms that
he sold his EA for $40k
he also has the option of course of continuing to trade his copy, possibly leasing it,
improving it, starting a hedge fund which trades with the EA

"Which EA, if any, do you use for your trading? Thanks."
see post # 1

Last edited:
I don't want to go on about this, 'caveat emptor' ~ "let the buyer beware" ~ post # 1

there's no goose laying golden eggs excepting the fabulous offers of riches that are
purchased by the gullible — the sale of EAs is big business

a lot of EAs sell for about the price of a hard cover book, not expensive but end up
costing a lot more because they don't work, losing substantial amounts of trading capital
you have to research / investigate before you buy; require a 30 day trial and
don't believe 'money back guarantee'

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...e-avonko-avoid-common-mistake.html#post393920

i should have included ' Manual ' in this thread's title —
' Profitable Manual Forex Trading Systems / Strategies / Methods ' . . . . . so

if you are interested in EAs, use them, sell them, want to know if they're a scam
discuss them, find out if 'this' one really is profitable, etc
please post on the EA thread:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...988-mt4-expert-advisor-thread.html#post393921

Maybe Better just got lucky with his EA during the market conditions extant at time of competition.

If there really are profitable EA's out there I find it hard to believe the formulae haven't leaked out, been sold, or been developed in parallel by someone else who would sell them. Otherwise the supposedly-successful ones have done a sterling job of keeping the lids on their babies.

I have suggested trying to turn a profit by trading in the reverse direction to signals generated by a known poor EA. Steinitz is developing an EA which opens simultaneous trades in both directions and then quickly kills off the losing one with a stop loss -- that's another method of achieving the same thing.

Next week I will (demo) try manually counter-trading the signals generated by his Forex Robot Trader which consistently loses in the first few hours of its trades.

I'm not expecting any great shakes from these robots; I bought one to try out at low cost but place more faith in my subscription advices from the traders Profits Prophets.

Maybe Better just got lucky with his EA during the market conditions extant at time of competition.

If there really are profitable EA's out there I find it hard to believe the formulae haven't leaked out, been sold, or been developed in parallel by someone else who would sell them. Otherwise the supposedly-successful ones have done a sterling job of keeping the lids on their babies.

Well put

If there were any good expert advisors out there,the clone market would have cloned them.The strange thing is even the clones have taken a battering and barely produce more than 2 months of results before blowing accounts

OILFXPRO

I once sat next to a broker who sold futures spreads, soybean/porkbelly (?) a low
margin bet he'd sell as a 'ham sandwich' but he'd often have to phone clients to tell
them 'that ham sandwich's turned into a **** sandwich'

spread/hedge trading may appear to be the answer to profits and limited losses,
as a trading strategy it has to me the appearance of not knowing how to trade
'losses are a part of trading' is a maxim. every business has some losses in some
form, it's a question of losses being sustainable, as with trading

take a coin, say a quarter, glue a piece of paper to one side and write B on it, same
on the other side and write S, pick a time, say on the hour or 15 past the hour or
the always reliable five and twenty to the hour, toss the coin and enter the trade
according to the B or S that appears; of course there are innumerable ways in which
the coin could be 'tossed' and how and where it lands as well there's a huge choice
of coins to toss or any medium for that matter that will provide a 1-2, yes-no, BS

what most often isn't included in manual system trading is ' wrong analysis ' —
the step prior to entering a trade

digital indicators sample

pivot levels on right are part of the analysis in the middle window forming
something of a whole indicator based trading system

Attachments

• dig5.png
    dig5.png
    24 KB · Views: 16,892
the first image shows ' cja's ' sample of digital indicator design
for me digital indicators don't do much to enhance trading profits or reduce losses

the second image illustrates the Traders Dynamic Index which also provides B/S
signals plus additonal info
how reliable are the signals ? I haven't traded based on this indicator and the 'lines'
could be placed on the chart price bars so it does leave the chart free to have other
indicators etc applied; the indicator is in the attached zip

the zip includes all the indicators on the chart in the previous post # 35 and site
addresses where the indicators were found

Attachments

• cja.gif
    cja.gif
    32.7 KB · Views: 11,661
  • tdiv.png
    tdiv.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 1,859
  • digital.zip
    75.7 KB · Views: 752
I was going to buy the system, but I changed my mind. I can use ma system on my platform.

KenHovey

Do your home work and some research.... forget about buying that kind of software.. it aint working.... Why would you sell a system who makes money....I would tend to keep it for myself and run it.

It is very easy to build system with a nice equity curve... you just have to optimise it.. but in real trading it aint working.

Trading is hard work.. there is no free lunch.

Manual trading forex success and every-days

Many people think that they learn some entry signals, exit strategies and usage of trading platforms, and they can start to make money, retire and they can even trade right from the beach and live in freedom...

This is an attractive idea, but how can those people achieve this who work or run their business?

I considered it too risky to give up all of my fixed incomes 5 years ago, when I started to trade forex. Therefore I wanted to solve somehow to run manual forex trading and my everyday things in the meantime. Sure it came up to use robots or turn to professional money managers, but I do believe that there is no-one I can count on to make money for me in a long term, in a way that could be beneficial for me too. It is only my concern and responsibility to ensure the growth of my wealth!

I started to learn technical analysis and risk managed strategies from the Internet, then I participated some forex courses and after hundreds of hours of backtesting, I gained the academic knowledge but I failed to put it in practice. I realized that the 80% of the trades make no money, they are small wins small losses, but indeed they are needed to run the whole trading system. The remaining 20% are those trades which can move my balance into positive direction permanently, if I manage to realize the profits in time.

Instead of this, there were many times at my workplace when my trades closed with negative results, however, they should not have contained risk. And my big wins decreased by the time I came back to the computer to realize them...
As result, this deformed my trading system, as the point is, like in any other business, to decrease the losses and enlarge the wins, but it was just a pointless fight with the forex market for a busy man like me.

My big question was: How can I handle the growth of my wealth in a way that my trading strategy is 100% observed?

My solution is to split the work, and my view is that everybody should do what they are good at and nobody should do what they are not good at...
I quickly learned to read the charts and form my opinion about the current market, but I could not observe my strategy as I was too busy to be in front of the computer at the right time.
After long research I realized that the computers are not good at analyzing the trends and giving a clear view about the market, but they are pretty good at observing my exit strategy that I formerly set.

Consequently, the computer became my helping mate to make my forex wishes come true, and I am now on the right track.

I wish you not to give up your forex dreams because of your work or other everyday business!
You can apply some elements of my forex experiences if you read the document I have written.
If you need it, visit my webpage or drop me a mail with a subject 'forex' to [email protected] and I will send it over to you. It is absolutely free...

Since I am interested in this topic, I would be glad if you shared with me how you fit trading into your everyday life. Any ideas and stories are welcome.

Best wishes and long lasting trends!
Andy