TRO Test Results

Aw c'mon guys,

The guy's doing it for free. Yes "FREE". Well okay, not quite. Once he, or perhaps she (you never know), wins over you trust and blind admiration, the next step would be to log onto The Mad Dash For Cash and purchase your very own exclusive e-guide of TRO's quick fix trading strategy; the likes of which someone with barely "half a brain" could master no problem. And there's only 1000 copies available. It's a shame I hate paypal; otherwise I would've considered getting a set for Christmas. Oh well. Anyhow, since the initial listing was back in 2006, I'm pretty sure all the available copies have been well sold out by now. Funny paypal is still allowing for payment though, hmm...

To Whom Which Could Be Bothered,

Can somebody out there recommend an MT4-based broker? I've ruled out IBFX (unless you can convince me otherwise) cos they're too expensive. Same thing with Griffith (not sure if they're into MT4 though). Velocity, ODL Securities and Forex.com - how do they rank amongst existing users? Btw, whichever the broker, I would be good if they're well capitalized to absorb contingent translational losses if and when they occur. I'm not exactly in the position to be donating to a would-be failed broker entering receivership.

Great Stuff.

Reactions: BSD
Aw c'mon guys,

The guy's doing it for free. Yes "FREE". Well okay, not quite. Once he, or perhaps she (you never know), wins over you trust and blind admiration, the next step would be to log onto The Mad Dash For Cash and purchase your very own exclusive e-guide of TRO's quick fix trading strategy; the likes of which someone with barely "half a brain" could master no problem. And there's only 1000 copies available. It's a shame I hate paypal; otherwise I would've considered getting a set for Christmas. Oh well. Anyhow, since the initial listing was back in 2006, I'm pretty sure all the available copies have been well sold out by now. Funny paypal is still allowing for payment though, hmm...

Haha lovely mate.

Can't help you RE MT4 based brokers unfortunately though.

If it doesn't have to be that OANDA, The Currency Site: Foreign Exchange Services and Trading are good, www.interactivebrokers.com or GNI touch - Home of GNI touch CFDs, Futures, Forex and Binary Options executed via CQG Homepage, etc.

The latter are the industry standard in charting and include backtesting.

You call price action "REDICULOUS"...WOW!

I've written countless EA's on "complete" systems that only managed to lose, yet manual traders were posting profitable results. The resulting EA "facts" only made those involved with the EA waste their time in trying to constantly modify it and in the end wasn't anything like the original system, got waaaay too complicated, worked on some pairs and not others, and maybe eked out a small profit which was only reflective of the past. But if you want to waste your time with it, have fun with that.

If it doubled the account, I wonder if YOU would have the same attitude!...LOL

Posting here and being an ADMIN in TRO's chat room ...what does that have to do with the tea in China? If we seem impartial, it's because it works for us...duh!

It's obvious you're not here to make these strategies work for you, but you're hell bent on twisting these so-called facts to try prove they don't work. Therefore, just shut your front door and let the guy finish in his style and due time.

Who appointed you "newbie saviour".... I don't think you're saving anyone from anything in this pointless mission.

Sweet Pip,

I wasn't calling price action itself ridiculous- i was referring more to the "seeing" bit that TRO refers to constantly. He uses this to explain why some people do not get his ideas. He says it's because they don't 'see' price action. It is being used as a get out clause. At the very least in order to claim this he will need to explain exactly what he means by seeing price action. Anyone can see lines on a screen- but what exactly does he look for? You can't tell someone who is new to trading to just 'see' the action- this is not a method for trading. (well, i suppose it could be, but without more definite parameters is sure to be a losing one).

I am not saying the EA is perfect. I am aware of its limitations and ask others to consider it here. Even if the EA is 2k out on the final balance, that is still working out to be a loss in the above tests. If the EA produced results that were only slightly down or at breakeven, i would be prepared to consider the system could be a winning one. As it stands however it most certainly isn't. If you are good at coding EA's why don't you code a version of TRO's methods that is more accurate?

I won't waste time trying to modify the EA to turn TRO's methods into a profit. To do so one may have to be a miracle worker. :LOL: I'll have a play around with a few things and carry out anyone's suggestions- but there will be a point at which the facts will just speak for themselves. It's simply not possible to turn mud into gold.

If working TRO's methods is working for you and anyone else doing it- then great, fantastic. Stick with it and you will soon conquer the world, or at least be rich enough to buy your own private island to retire to. Why should you care about anything else? Why don't you buy his ebook and write a review of it on here?

Regarding impartiality- i was not saying you were impartial- quite the opposite in fact. To be impartial would be a good thing as your opinions and experiences regarding TRO's methods would carry more weight.

"newbie saviour" hehe. if that's what you want me to be then i'll accept it and take that as a compliment. Someone (can't remember who i'll have to check) likened doing this to picking up litter in your local neighbourhood (see the never lose again thread). This more accurately describes the reasons why. I could equally ask of you in return who appointed you to be TRO's guardian? Let him and his charts speak for themselves, i'm sure he is big enough to do so.

What's all this about doubling an account? It wouldn't prove anything unless you stuck to TRO's method to the letter- and therein lies the problem- there doesn't seem to be any exact definition. There was the start of one and then it got shot down for being 'wrong' because the EA showed the wrong results. It also depends on the size of the account. A couple of weeks back i doubled an account in one day. Sounds impressive until i tell you what the size of that account was, :LOL: (small).

AUD USD results- 1 day (26 November)

The below shows the results of running the EA over 1 day alone, yesterday. I did ask TRO through private message to pick a currency, but haven't heard back as of yet (not sure what time zone he is in?) Since AUD USD is a pair that he posts a lot of charts of i thought i'd use that. I also ran the test on EURUSD but haven't got screenshots of that test- it lost 31.00 over the day.

Anyway, back to AUDUSD, we have a profit of 9!!!! Whoppeeee!!! Make of it what you will...

audusd report.jpg

Attachments

• audusd sample trades.jpg
    audusd sample trades.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 264
  • audusd equity curve 1 day.jpg
    audusd equity curve 1 day.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 228
Bottom line:

If any of this worked TRO would be trading it live on Oanda and posting screenshots of actual entries and exits every single day rather than wasting his and our time here, inundating us with pretty woulda-coulda-shoulda charts in endless, repetitive threads.

Wafflers eternally waffle trying to impress clueless, easily impressible newbies with nothing than hot air, while real achievers work on establishing or honing real track records.

It's always the same in con games:

Those who can put up proof, those who can't waffle their heads off instead.

BS talks and Money walks.

As I stated before, I am NOT going to do that. I did that over on TradeStation years, ago. And it seemed no matter what I posted, it wasn't good enough. I don't have to prove anything to anyone.

Anyone can visit my FREE Paltalk chat room and ask me questions about real time trades.

I would really appreciate it if when you post code you do NOT start it with TRO because someone may think that I was the coder. I don't want the credit or the blame for something I didn't code or modify.

BSD has got it exactly right.

I generally find that the amount of useful information is in inverse proportion to the number of pages in threads. If you get 100 pages of wrangling, there is hardly any point in proceding further.

Throw in a bit of hand waving about price action (without in any way specifying what is meant) and that about does it for me.

But in the end the "newbies" will be blamed for "not understanding price action" when the purported "system" or method is a dismal failure.

This method must be too simple for you to understand.

I say that because of your comment regarding price action.

If price is moving UP to a HORIZONTAL LINE and you go long then you are trading with the PRICE ACTION at the time.

If price is moving DOWN to a HORIZONTAL LINE and you go short then you are trading with the PRICE ACTION at the time.

What else is there to understand?

Either you SEE it or you don't.

I would really appreciate it if when you post code you do NOT start it with TRO because someone may think that I was the coder. I don't want the credit or the blame for something I didn't code or modify.

Fair comment. I can't go back and edit the file name now- but if we can get the mods to do so that is fine.

Lightning, i see you are viewing the thread, is there any way you can do this?

Aw c'mon guys,

To Whom Which Could Be Bothered,

Can somebody out there recommend an MT4-based broker? I've ruled out IBFX (unless you can convince me otherwise) cos they're too expensive. Same thing with Griffith (not sure if they're into MT4 though). Velocity, ODL Securities and Forex.com - how do they rank amongst existing users? Btw, whichever the broker, I would be good if they're well capitalized to absorb contingent translational losses if and when they occur. I'm not exactly in the position to be donating to a would-be failed broker entering receivership.

Great Stuff.

Another person doing the marketing for me. I don't have to market because people like you do it for me FREE!!

Have you actually read what I have posted?

How many times have I said that you do NOT need to send me or anyone else money to learn how to trade or get indicators?

Did you read that all I did was write the ebooks because the marketers made me an offer I couldn't refuse?

Let's see, I wrote 2 ebooks that are for sale and I wrote 6 or more that are available FREE. I have posted HUNDREDS of FREE indicators for TradeStation, eSignal and MT4.

I don't have to prove anything to anyone.

You are a VENDOR (there's even a silly little icon under your name to point out your status to the terminally gullible). As a VENDOR you must expect to be held to higher levels of scrutiny, it really is that simple.

Thats the price you pay for abusing the facilities on this forum

The below shows the results of running the EA over 1 day alone, yesterday. I did ask TRO through private message to pick a currency, but haven't heard back as of yet (not sure what time zone he is in?) Since AUD USD is a pair that he posts a lot of charts of i thought i'd use that. I also ran the test on EURUSD but haven't got screenshots of that test- it lost 31.00 over the day.

Anyway, back to AUDUSD, we have a profit of 9!!!! Whoppeeee!!! Make of it what you will...

View attachment 43852

I see 12 wins and 3 losses according to what you posted. THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SHOW YOU!! And this is even with the EA NOT being coded correctly.

Remember, I stacked the deck AGAINST me.

Every trade is taken. No WAFFLING or CHERRY PICKING.

I used a 20 Pip SL and a 5 Pip TP or 4:1 Risk/Reward. Which most of you are telling me how crazy this is.

If you were fishing, when would you go fishing? Anytime or when you know the fish are feeding? You would "cherry pick" the time you go fishing, right?

Now, you can look at this and say THIS IS A LOSER and go on your merry way OR you can look at this and SEE the potential in trading with the H1 candle color at HORIZONTAL LINES.

Once you get the hang of it, you can go after more than 5 pips TP and cut your losers well before they reach 20 pips.

You are a VENDOR (there's even a silly little icon under your name to point out your status to the terminally gullible). As a VENDOR you must expect to be held to higher levels of scrutiny, it really is that simple.

Thats the price you pay for abusing the facilities on this forum

The ICON is there because that's what the forum admins said I had to do, IT'S THAT SIMPLE.

The only abuse on this forum is the abuse I get from people like you, ZUPCON.

The ICON is there because that's what the forum admins said I had to do, IT'S THAT SIMPLE.

:confused: why dont I have a similar icon ?

:confused: why would the forum admin possibly think you where a VENDOR ?, are they completely stupid ?

As I stated before, I am NOT going to do that. I did that over on TradeStation years, ago. And it seemed no matter what I posted, it wasn't good enough. I don't have to prove anything to anyone.

Anyone can visit my FREE Paltalk chat room and ask me questions about real time trades.

TRO, I don't want to ask any "questions" about real time trades from you any more than I would ask any "questions" from a hedge fund manager about how much he made and with what drawdown over the last 5 years.

All I am interested in are hard facts that can and do speak perfectly for themselves.

This is not religion in need of interpretation, this is just about very simple net profits and max drawdowns to be endured on the way.

A Fund Manager must have an independently audited track record as proof of his past achievements, and as you are here with an agenda of trying to prove to us that your systems work it is accordingly up to you to convince us not with irrelevant words or pretty charts, but with the only thing that counts in finance, hard facts, and through the only way any finance professional would ever go about marketing their performance, through establishing a credible, proven track record.

As you are not a CTA or otherwise registered it wouldn't do for you to post any past achievements, the scope for fiddling would simply be too great and only open you up to further criticism.

The way I see it is quite simple:

The amount of time you spend posting charts here that do not provide proof of the net profitability of your methods could and in all honesty should be spent trading your systems in real time.

Oanda are a very reputable broker of the highest regard.

Open an account there with a token say 1000 bucks (You're American, no ?)
and give us the account number.

Trade your Never Lose Again method there every single working day for one or two quarters, ie 3 or 6 months, with a minimum of 10 trades /day, and post the results here after each trade is closed with screen shots of every single trade taken on 1 min charts to show us post entry price action off of the 1hr chart triggers. Oanda have the additional benefit that their charts show exactly where you entered and where you exited with symbols.

Now, my part of the deal will be this:

IF you manage one or two net positive quarters with your system- and Oanda confirm that which they are willing to do for people wanting to establish a track record - I will be the first person here to go on record and say that your system is a net winner.

You have my word on that.

Absolutely nobody here bears you a grudge, but equally understandably nobody here has any interest in unproven methods being mass marketed down their throats.

This proposal is WIN / WIN.

please stop!.................this guy wants the longest threads, its all good for him and you are all providing him his marketing and all for free

:confused: why dont I have a similar icon ?

:confused: why would the forum admin possibly think you where a VENDOR ?, are they completely stupid ?

It's because some of my charts have indicators that I have coded that are not posted for FREE.

It's because some of my charts have indicators that I have coded that are not posted for FREE.

I occassionally post charts, and I can guarentee you that the majority of indicators on those charts are not available for FREE, nor are they available for SALE

That being the case, perhaps the admin of this site needs to make me a vendor too, I fail to see why the admin should discriminate against you in that way.

Alternatively they should REMOVE your vendor tag

TRO, I don't want to ask any "questions" about real time trades from you any more than I would ask any "questions" from a hedge fund manager about how much he made and with what drawdown over the last 5 years.

All I am interested in are hard facts that can and do speak perfectly for themselves.

This is not religion in need of interpretation, this is just about very simple net profits and max drawdowns to be endured on the way.

A Fund Manager must have an independently audited track record as proof of his past achievements, and as you are here with an agenda of trying to prove to us that your systems work it is accordingly up to you to convince us not with irrelevant words or pretty charts, but with the only thing that counts in finance, hard facts, and through the only way any finance professional would ever go about marketing their performance, through establishing a credible, proven track record.

As you are not a CTA or otherwise registered it wouldn't do for you to post any past achievements, the scope for fiddling would simply be too great and only open you up to further criticism.

The way I see it is quite simple:

The amount of time you spend posting charts here that do not provide proof of the net profitability of your methods could and in all honesty should be spent trading your systems in real time.

Oanda are a very reputable broker of the highest regard.

Open an account there with a token say 1000 bucks (You're American, no ?)
and give us the account number.

Trade your Never Lose Again method there every single working day for one or two quarters, ie 3 or 6 months, with a minimum of 10 trades /day, and post the results here after each trade is closed with screen shots of every single trade taken on 1 min charts to show us post entry price action off of the 1hr chart triggers. Oanda have the additional benefit that their charts show exactly where you entered and where you exited with symbols.

Now, my part of the deal will be this:

IF you manage one or two net positive quarters with your system- and Oanda confirm that which they are willing to do for people wanting to establish a track record - I will be the first person here to go on record and say that your system is a net winner.

You have my word on that.

Absolutely nobody here bears you a grudge, but equally understandably nobody here has any interest in unproven methods being mass marketed down their throats.

This proposal is WIN / WIN.

Mass marketed?

I didn't start this thread.

I am NOT engaged in marketing of any kind. Remember, I stated that marketers approached me with the ebook deals.

It's simple, either you want to trade a method or you don't. Either it works FOR YOU or it doesn't.