TRO Test Results

Well alrighty. :) In addition I would recommend that you also post results of
live trades. That way you can be certain that the results of the bactests or forward tests are accurate. Recall that the environment you utilize on a practice account is no the same as when you are live.

The trades that I post on all thread are all live trades.

Thnx
Jess

GBP USD results

3 month backtest

win rate: 69.51%
Profit factor: 0.69
Total Net Loss: 2972.40

OK this is the last one i'll do for now unless someone has got a specific request. I'll to a longer term test later today, although the above ones provide a fairly good sample.

View attachment 43812

How can you say using an EA to test a "system" ("Once again, UKtradergirl, I never said it was a "system". My whole point is to get people to SEE what PRICE is doing WITHOUT indicators.") will determine if its a successful method of trading or not?.. YOU CAN'T. Load up half the EA's you find online and MOST of them will show LOSSES.

EA's are plain unreliable. They cannot SEE what price is doing, it just waits for the right conditions before entering. No emotion, no common sense, no nothing.

Instead of spending time to code and test silly EA's, how about trying to get your head around what tro is trying to show you guys and start trading the market. What I don't get is half of you are still trying to determine if what hes trying to teach profitable or not profitable.. when theres been numerous posts showing LIVE WINNING TRADES, LIVE BANK BALANCES OVER SUCH A PERIOD and REAL PEOPLE TELLING YOU IT DOES WORK. Tell me why, if it doesn't work, would people post that it does? We're here to help eachother, NOT the other way around.

Don't suppose the EA considered WHEN to stay out of a trade...like before "News" times!...and like Pierre said, use any other common sense trading skills like taking into consideration where in the average range the entry line was?

Smart traders don't trade like robots, so the EA results don't even mean SQUAT (not yelling for those who assume that's what CAPS mean).

Sheesh....Get off the TRO bash band wagon already...if you read (with an open mind and not interpret something not there) and ask the right questions, you just might get IT... a "paradigm shift"! :cool:

Last edited:
Don't suppose the EA considered WHEN to stay out of a trade...like before "News" times!

If you look at the equity curves, they are very straight and consistant - downwards ! That rules out news events as the principal cause of losses.

If you look at the equity curves, they are very straight and consistant - downwards ! That rules out news events as the principal cause of losses.

Didn't say it was the principle cause...just an example of a condition and it doesn't rule it out as contributing to the EA's losses.

...another example of misinterpreting the message.

Tell me how it is plausable to create an EA to function and show profit with a technique that requires you to SEE with your own eyes what price is doing, and trade accordingly? Can any of you answer that?

I can't believe you guys actually rely on the results of EA's to determine if a strategy will work or not. Oh well, your loss after all.

What's the reason today's results haven't been posted?

I see win after win yet the EA is saying it's a losing strategy, I think the code needs to be double checked for accuracy.

EUR USD results

3 month backtest

win rate: 73.37%
Profit factor: 0.84
Total Net Loss: 678.70

This currency pair a bit better than AUDUSD.

View attachment 43800

Wow! That does not look good for TRO. I do, however, have some questions on this since I do not know much about FOREX. First, this says a 3 month backtest. Is this truly only 1012 bars? That seems kind of low to me. I was also stunned by how low the largest profit trade was for this "system". I had thought the rule (for over 10 pips) was a 5 pip stop loss. Since this backtest shows the largest profit trade as 9 pips, then the largest upswing (downswing) on one of these buys (shorts) would only be 14 pips without a 5 pip retrace. Is that correct? That sounds low to me as well. I know the charts do not always portray what is really happening behind the scene, but I would be surprised to find a 3 month backtest where there was no greater than a 14 pip swing on the actual trades. Perhaps someone with more knowledge in FOREX could explain why this looks like a bogus test?

Wow! That does not look good for TRO. I do, however, have some questions on this since I do not know much about FOREX. First, this says a 3 month backtest. Is this truly only 1012 bars? That seems kind of low to me. I was also stunned by how low the largest profit trade was for this "system". I had thought the rule (for over 10 pips) was a 5 pip stop loss. Since this backtest shows the largest profit trade as 9 pips, then the largest upswing (downswing) on one of these buys (shorts) would only be 14 pips without a 5 pip retrace. Is that correct? That sounds low to me as well. I know the charts do not always portray what is really happening behind the scene, but I would be surprised to find a 3 month backtest where there was no greater than a 14 pip swing on the actual trades. Perhaps someone with more knowledge in FOREX could explain why this looks like a bogus test?

No...it only doesn't look good for the EA...nothing to do with TRO.

I was looking at the code...north, why do you have it close the trade when the H1 bar changes?

I'm more than happy for people to double check the EA. I haven't tested it as thoroughly as I would normally, so there may be bugs in it. I don't think so - but there could be.

The EA was coded for the zupcon challenge on another thread. v1.3 should only be taking 5 pips per win. Losses will be either the SL or when the current candle changes and it hits another horizontal line.

There was an earlier version which got out as soon as the H1 changed colour - there was a post somewhere that suggested that one was actually profitable.

Common sense dictates however that a 75% profitability is about what you could expect so I have no reason to believe the results are incorrect.

I agree- EA's are not the be all and end all of trading. What they do however is give us a rough idea and some hard facts to work with. The EA was coded with rules that TRO himself put forward. Yes i agree his system is one that 'see's price action (i've answered this ridiculous point in the other thread)- but for the purposes of testing we managed to get some hard rules.

So... perhaps instead of losing almost 3k on a 10k account, it might only lose 1k, even allowing for a 2k margin of error- we still have a loss.

TRO- i hear your point about yesterdays trades. I ran the test right at the beginning of the day, so it naturally ended at the last day's trading. I will run for you a one day test from yesterday and see what it comes up with- although it won't be a representative sample by half.

To another poster- i think a sample of 1000+ trades is adequate for a preliminary review. I will run some longer term tests though as requested.

It is all very well and easy to attack an EA system when it gives you cold hard facts. If it had shown that it was able to double the account i wonder if you will be showing the same attitude towards it?

I know that some of you here are also not totally impartial. One of you for instance is an admin in TRO's paltalk room. Just some other factors to take into consideration for anyone reading this.

Sweet Pip- regarding the 'common sense' rules you mention. TRO's way of trading is aimed at people who are complete beginners. For complete beginners you will have to specify what 'common sense' is by adding extra rules. How does someone completely new to forex know they should stay away from rules? Even more experienced people don't know whether it is a good idea to trade news or not. And what about the average range rule..... this needs defining too.

I am not here to make TRO's strategy work for me. I am here in the interests of hunting down facts. It appears we have yet to assemble all the facts about how to actually trade TRO's way. If it is just 'watch price action'- then why is he teaching anything at all?! Anyone can look at prices flickering on a chart- if it was possible to make a lot of money doing this then why do so many who enter day trading lose? Plenty try it- no indicators, no nothing, just price. It's not new.

I'm sorry i can't run the EA tests right at this moment- i have another hectic morning ahead of me- but will promise to post at least one more EA result today (it will be TRO's suggestion of yesterdays trades).

I'll leave you with a link- a post i wrote yesterday regarding TRO's 'price action'- and exits:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/579492-post762.html

I agree- EA's are not the be all and end all of trading. What they do however is give us a rough idea and some hard facts to work with. The EA was coded with rules that TRO himself put forward. Yes i agree his system is one that 'see's price action (i've answered this ridiculous point in the other thread)- but for the purposes of testing we managed to get some hard rules.

So... perhaps instead of losing almost 3k on a 10k account, it might only lose 1k, even allowing for a 2k margin of error- we still have a loss.

TRO- i hear your point about yesterdays trades. I ran the test right at the beginning of the day, so it naturally ended at the last day's trading. I will run for you a one day test from yesterday and see what it comes up with- although it won't be a representative sample by half.

To another poster- i think a sample of 1000+ trades is adequate for a preliminary review. I will run some longer term tests though as requested.

It is all very well and easy to attack an EA system when it gives you cold hard facts. If it had shown that it was able to double the account i wonder if you will be showing the same attitude towards it?

I know that some of you here are also not totally impartial. One of you for instance is an admin in TRO's paltalk room. Just some other factors to take into consideration for anyone reading this.

Sweet Pip- regarding the 'common sense' rules you mention. TRO's way of trading is aimed at people who are complete beginners. For complete beginners you will have to specify what 'common sense' is by adding extra rules. How does someone completely new to forex know they should stay away from rules? Even more experienced people don't know whether it is a good idea to trade news or not. And what about the average range rule..... this needs defining too.

I am not here to make TRO's strategy work for me. I am here in the interests of hunting down facts. It appears we have yet to assemble all the facts about how to actually trade TRO's way. If it is just 'watch price action'- then why is he teaching anything at all?! Anyone can look at prices flickering on a chart- if it was possible to make a lot of money doing this then why do so many who enter day trading lose? Plenty try it- no indicators, no nothing, just price. It's not new.

I'm sorry i can't run the EA tests right at this moment- i have another hectic morning ahead of me- but will promise to post at least one more EA result today (it will be TRO's suggestion of yesterdays trades).

I'll leave you with a link- a post i wrote yesterday regarding TRO's 'price action'- and exits:

You call price action "REDICULOUS"...WOW!

I've written countless EA's on "complete" systems that only managed to lose, yet manual traders were posting profitable results. The resulting EA "facts" only made those involved with the EA waste their time in trying to constantly modify it and in the end wasn't anything like the original system, got waaaay too complicated, worked on some pairs and not others, and maybe eked out a small profit which was only reflective of the past. But if you want to waste your time with it, have fun with that.

If it doubled the account, I wonder if YOU would have the same attitude!...LOL

Posting here and being an ADMIN in TRO's chat room ...what does that have to do with the tea in China? If we seem impartial, it's because it works for us...duh!

It's obvious you're not here to make these strategies work for you, but you're hell bent on twisting these so-called facts to try prove they don't work. Therefore, just shut your front door and let the guy finish in his style and due time.

Who appointed you "newbie saviour".... I don't think you're saving anyone from anything in this pointless mission.

Even more experienced people don't know whether it is a good idea to trade news or not.

Exactly. But the markets take money from those who don't understand and puts it in the hands of those that do.

If it is just 'watch price action'- then why is he teaching anything at all?! Anyone can look at prices flickering on a chart- if it was possible to make a lot of money doing this then why do so many who enter day trading lose? Plenty try it- no indicators, no nothing, just price. It's not new.

I think TRO (and I am not supporting his methods/system or whatever) has repeatedly said, and if not, I will say it.

Irrespective of your methodology it isn't just about looking, it is about SEEING and UNDERSTANDING. This is why trading is a skill, this is why edges are not transferable, this is why so many who enter day trading lose.

Bottom line:

If any of this worked TRO would be trading it live on Oanda and posting screenshots of actual entries and exits every single day rather than wasting his and our time here, inundating us with pretty woulda-coulda-shoulda charts in endless, repetitive threads.

Wafflers eternally waffle trying to impress clueless, easily impressible newbies with nothing than hot air, while real achievers work on establishing or honing real track records.

It's always the same in con games:

Those who can put up proof, those who can't waffle their heads off instead.

BS talks and Money walks.

Thanks North & UKtradergirl for all the effort!!

Confirmed what I suspected all along.. the "discretionary system" is RUBBISH!!!

:LOL:

Reactions: BSD
BSD has got it exactly right.

I generally find that the amount of useful information is in inverse proportion to the number of pages in threads. If you get 100 pages of wrangling, there is hardly any point in proceding further.

Throw in a bit of hand waving about price action (without in any way specifying what is meant) and that about does it for me.

But in the end the "newbies" will be blamed for "not understanding price action" when the purported "system" or method is a dismal failure.

;) Hehe nice chilltrader.

Btw, unfortunately the scammer who will inevitably never be able to furnish proof of his alleged prowess has one HUGE advantage over his critics...

The way humans tick they will more readily tolerate someone who endlessly albeit "positively" promotes their stuff, no matter how nonsensical or counterproductive to their hoodwinked victims purses it actually is.

But the same spectators will soon tire of and eventually even turn against the critics who "negatively" - as eventually the perception will be - try and enlighten their fellow citizens to the little fact that the Emperor is not wearing any clothes.

People who can't desperately want an Emperor of their own to believe in, and that belief blinds them to all else.

Sadly it's always been that way. Simple human nature.

:LOL:

Throw in a bit of hand waving about price action (without in any way specifying what is meant) and that about does it for me.

But in the end the "newbies" will be blamed for "not understanding price action" when the purported "system" or method is a dismal failure.

HAHA just caught this mate, that is just oh soooo true !!!

BSD has got it exactly right.

I generally find that the amount of useful information is in inverse proportion to the number of pages in threads. If you get 100 pages of wrangling, there is hardly any point in proceding further.

..and what I find hilarious is numerous links to web pages which apparently have a winner's story in it.. only to find that its another spammed thread!!

Its been a real waste of time and I'm keeping well clear of TRO and his threads!