Trading the ES (E mini) December 2003

Jeez China you miss nothing! Well spotted!
I deleted the wrong line. The Rev div should go from the low of the 9:45 bar to the low of 10:10.

Directionless

Trying to get a HH, a HL will tell us if we can go higher. The SOX is stuck at the lows of its gap and the BIX is looking like a mare.

Attachments

• dow 5min172.png
    dow 5min172.png
    55.7 KB · Views: 327
China

If you connect those peaks in MA. A break above that line by the MA is our long signal. It worked yesterday. Especially as we are in an uptrend.

BIX on double bottomw

An upmove here by the BIX will allow the ES to rise. What do ya think.

Attachments

• dow 5min173.png
    dow 5min173.png
    66.2 KB · Views: 311
The first hour and a half I find are hard to read. The tick is now looking weak. Coffee and dougnuts time.

stoploss - respectfully disagree mate :)

apart from a quick drop below 0 tick hs constantly bn >0. Tick is unusually strong for a down move on tick neg divs + neg divs across indices. I covered S @ 65.25. Sipping my coffee and watching carefully. it is not a very common pattern.

working S 68.50 - 127.2% of the drop. neg divs across indices still pretty much there. Sell UP set-up still in force.

VERY ODD tick behaviour for such strong neg divs across indices. there is some hidden strength i do not know about. My guess wud be it's just taken by the mrkt as individual Intel (and SOX) story. But i really do not care what the reason is - thez some strength for sure.

Cover 2nd S @ 66.50. Will be watching like a hawk over lunch w/o taking positions. Looks like it'll be 13:00 time pivot play.

looks like wrong I was :) last pre-lunch orders were clearly entered in the direction of neg divs across indices. C'est la vie :)

That 68.75 was a short beneath the pivot. There was also LHs in th e BIX and SOX . I am finding the tick hard to read today. In a tight range, should you be using a lower tick time scale.

Andy

China, when you have a min could you please expand on those time pivots you keep mentioning. I remember Skimmy talking about important times such as 10:10, 12:10, 2:00 and 3:15. Your times don't seem to correspond so they must refer to something else I feel?
Cheers
Q

of coz correct exit was @ 64.50ish on a tick pos div. jumped the gun and did not earn 2 easy pts (easy in hindsight of coz! :) )

stoploss - my 1st hr pivot is below 68.50 mate! :) that was selling UP from above on neg divs across indices.

Q - my time pivots r: 10:30 9end of 1st hr, establishment of 1st hr Upper and Lower Pivots); 13:00 (lunch over, check if divs across indices from 10;30 r still there at 13:00), 14:15 (big money decides what they wanna do into close). of coz 12:00-12;10 is quite important as well as this is the time when the last big orders r punched in b4 lunch. 15:15 is quite crucial, however, i prefer not to trade into the last hf-hr, unless thez a clear trend on a trend day into the close.

China

Todays range action is defined by the low of two days ago and the pivot. Trading the ranges is some thing I need to sort out. I suppose it is the same for many a newbee.

China

You said.......

stoploss - my 1st hr pivot is below 68.50 mate! that was selling UP from above on neg divs across indices.

Have you seen snatch and I mean the film. You know when the that nasty bloke asked the question "Come again".

Ta
Andy