Trading the ES (E mini) December 2003

matey any time no worries :)

best trend set-up - naz > 1% at time pivot, naz/dow > 2:1 internals without any neg divs across indices. 40 ema rule then.

but imagine a situation where it's 3:1 at time pivot with pos divs across indices banging about. u may not get a chance to buy 40 ema. then comp rsi oversld is a very reasonable L entry.

Tick 12/12

There was some good plays off the SOX today which made me have a look at Todays TickQ and I found some nice divergences.

The SOX generated entries came of SOX/MACD price action.

Attachments

• dow 5min206.png
    dow 5min206.png
    39 KB · Views: 604
The SOX

With regards ths SOX I waited for the ES MACD to confirm what the SOX MACD had already indicated.

Attachments

• dow 5min207.png
    dow 5min207.png
    67.3 KB · Views: 615
The ES

And the ES. A combination of TickQ, SOX/MACD, ES 40MA, and ES/MACD.

Attachments

• dow 5min208.png
    dow 5min208.png
    104.9 KB · Views: 609
not a particularly glorious day (Friday) :) was short biased after 1st hr in view of neg divs across indices and spx (an dow) making higher highs with ndx barely making equal. Gladly sold th UP @ 1072 on a tick neg div - then much harder. 69 was a nice cover and reverse to L for a scalp - but obviously it was more than that and shud've bn kept into the close :(

China

I was looking at both the NDX and the SOX and found that the SOX gave more clues and the patterens were more defined.

Here's how the ES04H looks :D
For your viewing pleasure

Cheers a320

Attachments

• asicme-es04h- 5 minute gap.jpg
    asicme-es04h- 5 minute gap.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 565
big pic

and - btw - this is how I c the big pic. 50% retracement followed by 127.2% measured move. Well allow a cupl of extra pts for Mr Sad Dumb :)

Attachments

• cme-es04h- 60 minute.jpg
    cme-es04h- 60 minute.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 508
even bigger pic

cud not stop myself from posting this - classic imo. 3 pushes, 3 corrections (2 on 50%, 1 - on 61.8% ish) and 3 perfect measured moves to 127.2% of the corrections. Wasn't Signor Fibonacci a great man indeed? :)

Attachments

cme-es04h- 60 minute.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 503
which brings us to conclusion

that as we r at 50% retracement of the latest push already, 1063.75 (61.8%) must hold for this stairway to heaven :cheesy: to continue.

Attachments

cme-es04h- 60 minute.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 491
frugi,

Thanks for that link.

A pretty useful read actually. The ma set-ups are a bit naff (but some people might find them useful). The time zone stuff is good
though.

When you combine snippets from articles like that with other gems like Skimbleshank's segmentation of the session into 3 parts then you get something that's really very useful.

Tick 17/12

Not been around much which is why I have not posted. Anyway, just a quick chart of todays tick with the action thus far.

Attachments

• dow 5min209.png
    dow 5min209.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 388
alr8 all i am off not waiting for the close. 9:45 - all indices crossed their 240 and 600 ema - Bull Gorgeous day - shud've bn L @ 1076. Plus, u don't normally get PREM readings of -7 - 1076 was a screaming L indeed..... 10 pts so far (15:00 NY time) on the table.... out of which just a crumble in the bag :(

127.2% again

m8 the thing is once the day is properly identified it shud be easy to trade it either way. personally i like no-trend days more when u usually walk out with more pts - however Thursday was a stunner wasn't it? all u had to do is trade ONCE! :)

btw - 127.2% measured move of the last retracement - AGAIN!

Attachments

cme-es04h- 60 minute.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 364