Traders International - Feedback from members wanted!

Stay away from trading education companies who try to sell you a trading system with ‘indicators’.
Those companies in question are in particular (n) :!: and Traders International . Please stay away, warning to all possible traders stay away from this MOB..
Kind Regards ,
FC

Last edited by a moderator:
10. Written by menschie on February 25, 2010

Same experience here...

I signed up for TI in March 2009. With the currency exchange as poor as it was at the time it ended up costing me about $10k CDN.

Before I committed I sat in on one of Afshin's sales conferences. A person asked him about achieving the moderators results. He actually got a little snarky and said if you're smart enough to push a button you can make money--and said that TI can't be responsible for holding your hand in pulling the trigger. It rubbed me the wrong way but yet I gave my money over. Over the next few months I lost about $15,000 plus the hours and hours I spent every day on this. The "Pro Room" was particular disastrous for me as I followed the mod into his foolishness. I'm not a dummy and have 7 years of College and University and was just trying my best to follow the moderator. The regular "Trading Room" is really no better and will just drain your account slower--in my opinion.

In October I started in their Forex room. There have been moments of promise but really just plan on sitting at BE for months on end in the real world. Miss one day of trading however and you could be down %25 on the month. I have a half a dozen friends trading in that room with me and they report the exact same thing. After 5 months in the FX room my account is down 20% and that's not including the $1500 that I've spent on my room subscription and the hours each day I've spent. I'm finally packing it in with TI.

To nutshell... my experience was a costly one. I'm a fairly apt person but all I was able to do with TI was lose money. And don't think that you're getting a trading education if you sign on with them. Their "education" just gives you what you need to work with their moderators--no advanced or even moderate level trading education. You just pay your sign up fee to then in turn be allowed to pay their $300/month room fees.

To end everything off when I canceled my subscription the girl seemed to almost take it personally. I was very nice with her but when I was saying good-bye there was no "thanks for spending a year with us... thanks for your support... thanks for your time... hope to see you back... is there anything we can do to keep you"... nothing. Her last words to me were a disappointing "I hope you find what you're looking for"... as if it was my problem that I wasn't successful with TI.

I won't tell anyone what to do. You can all make your own decisions. For me, however, TI was a foolish decision that I greatly regret and I feel really bad that my wife went out on a limb and allowed me to do this because I sold her the same bag of goods that TI had sold me. Now, I'm rewarding my wife's faith in my judgment with vapouriziing $25,000 of my family's money that we really didn't have to waste. I feel equally guilty because I'm responsible for 3 of my friends doing this too and they're all in the exact same boat as me.

Written by Real Day Trader on February 2, 2012

I fell for the same crooked tactics as many did back in 2009 and traders international = complete scam. Don't bother posting *** remarks like "trading is not for everyone" when that garbage company clearly lures people in by telling them they will make clear calls to buy and sell. They do anything but that. Also, a car dealership does not misrepresent a car they are selling. What a *** comparison. I'll tell you the correct comparison: You buy a brand new car and 30 days later find out they sold you a lemon!!!!!!! That is what traders international is to the trading community. Stay away from this company. You have been warned!!!!!!!!

I joined TI via 21st Century in 2008 and haven’t looked back.

The item everyone forgets is that there is no 'Magic' indicator and signal and you have to learn about the market and how to trade just like any other job. It took me 12-18 months to learn it however cant say enough about TI.

The moderators assist you in the live room and help you become independent traders which is the end goal.

You cant become successful overnight however if you are willing to put in the effort, it can become a career. This would be said with any profession.

You must be one of the Lachlan Elsworth puppets or him personaly behind this Post !! Here is reviewes for TI from that time when you signed in ......check the dates who is BS ing here ....... read this post very carefully !!

LilaShay says:
March 22, 2010 at 8:07 pm
I have been with TI for almost a year……Do not spend your money in this ponzi scam.
I will never understand why they let Dale Kazdan go. He was the only person I spoke to that was honest with me and my trading. Shame on TI.
I have to tell you that Rich Malcom is the worst teacher I have ever heard. Boring and repetitive and I never understand what the heck he is saying. Plus I don’t think he does either. I have gone over all the stuff he has taught and it is not constant. He doesn’t know how to trade and I have listened intently to the man and he has no follow through. He says big words to make himself look smart but after awhile you see the crap under the fancy words..
Oh and the Forex Room…..With barbie making calls and loosing her shirt and then lying about it and Afshin lying too. Really??? Who do you think we are? Suckers? Yeah I was but no more. I have heard that there is a class action lawsuite against TI. I hope TI gets what they deserve….
Please do not give any money to this company…….They will tell you lies but don’t believe them….They are not true…..I know I did believe them and I am no more richer for it than when I started. If any one knows where Dale Kazdan went please let me know. He blows that company out of the water…He most likely quit and because of the lies too. You could hear it in his voice….
See I am not mad just let down. The money I spent doesn’t effect my lifestlye on bit but I know there are people out there that really can’t afford to loose theirs. Beware and stay away from Traders International….

I joined TI via 21st Century in 2008 and haven’t looked back.

The item everyone forgets is that there is no 'Magic' indicator and signal and you have to learn about the market and how to trade just like any other job. It took me 12-18 months to learn it however cant say enough about TI.

The moderators assist you in the live room and help you become independent traders which is the end goal.

You cant become successful overnight however if you are willing to put in the effort, it can become a career. This would be said with any profession.

Thank you for your contribution Trent. If you had joined in 2008, like I did, you would be well aware that 'there is no 'Magic' indicator and signal' was NOT the line that was used in the sales seminars. In fact it was the very opposite. Does the JTI ring in bells????? This was an indicator that was shown in the sales sessions and subsequently LIVE traded in the TI trading rooms. It was a black box system, when all indicators turn green you buy, when all indicators turn red you sell. Profit target and stop loss were fixed. It was hyped as the 'Magic' indicator, and it lost TI members money. I began using it but immediately ceased when it produced 5 winners and 6 losers on a 1:1 risk/reward before commissions. So thank you for your reminder, but thanks very much to TI I did truly learn that there is no 'Magic' indicator. And far from being assisted in the live room to become an independent trader by the moderators as you suggest, I was in fact lead into trading with a proprietary indicator of which we were told nothing about, which lost money, and certainly did nothing to teach you about independent trading. I went off and read some books which I found more useful than anything taught at TI, and which came at considerably less expense I might add.

Now could you please explain what relationship you have to TI? You have a vendors badge. This lead me to look at your profile where you have declared yourself to be the vendor of a commercial website - the appropriate and standard selection for sellers of educational services such as Traders International, and circled in the image below:
Vendor1.JPG

Just providing my opinion and I am not affilated commercially with TI. I am a private trader and thats all.

What you see on this site looks to me as the default setting.

I dont have any further comments to myself and sorry for wating any ones time.

Happy trading all.

BTW, profile update as I am a private trader and have no interest in anything else.

My personal opinion is that everyone has to find whats works for them. If thats TI style trading then great. If not, look elsewhere.

After the lack of constructive feedback from my post, I personally don't see any reason to stay on the site and requested my account to be removed.

Good luck to all fellow professional traders.

Just providing my opinion and I am not affilated commercially with TI. I am a private trader and thats all.

What you see on this site looks to me as the default setting.

The thing is, the vendor setting is NOT the default. It defaults to blank. As per the image below, for you to get the vendor badge that you did you must have opened the pick list and scrolled down past 12 options and deliberately picked the one second from the bottom that said 'Commercial web site'.
Vendor Selection.JPG

It is all too common for vendors to pose as happy clients of themselves on trading forums. And it is amazing at how many of them that are new to T2W unwittingly put a vendors badge on, and when it is pointed out to them begin back peddling. I think when signing up they incorrectly assume that only the site administrators will be able to see that they are vendors.

After the lack of constructive feedback from my post, I personally don't see any reason to stay on the site and requested my account to be removed.

Come on, you signed up yesterday and immediately wrote a post plugging TI - what sort of response did you expect? I think it is common knowledge, but TI has a referral program where interested members can refer others and for each successful referal TI will pay out $1000. According to the MD of TI, there were even members who were running letter box drops and local media campaigns - at their own cost - in an attempt to secure referrals. I can understand you wanting your account removed - what I can only assume was a PR campaign has become a debacle! For some reason I expect we'll see another 'happy client' post on this thread in the coming weeks with no vendors badge........

Why oh why do people fall for this obvious garbage? How can it be that there are enough fools in the world to make these things profitable?

Can anyone tell me why the posts in the Ltg Goldrock thread keeps being deleted. It seem there is someone trying to hide something. could it be this Andrew Barrnet guy who is scared the truth comes out?

That is about the 5th time the thread has been deleted. Of course they are trying to hide the truth about this crap, they will probably have threatened T2W with legal action again. This is common practice for these sort of vendors.

Anyhow I shall start a new thread to bring everyone's attention to this.

That is about the 5th time the thread has been deleted. Of course they are trying to hide the truth about this crap, they will probably have threatened T2W with legal action again. This is common practice for these sort of vendors.

Anyhow I shall start a new thread to bring everyone's attention to this.

It's taken a while, but a new web site dedicated to everyone's affection for LTG Goldrock should be live in a few days. It features forum access, wherein everyone and anyone can express their love and admiration for Andrew Barnett and LTG. Will advise the site address once it's up and running. There's no reason why separate sub-forums cannot be established for TI and others of their ilk.

ps the LTG Goldrock threads that were shut down here totalled 7 in the end.

That would make sense, 99% of the people posting here are vendors, and 99.99% of the remaining 1% are thinking about becoming vendors !

There is something to it, but this is still not the most manipulated trading forum I know of. Not even close.

Re: Traders International - No longer in Australia crooks exposed !

Finally to all of you here TI in Australia doesn't exist any longer .
Lachlan Elsowrth license is suspended never to educate anyone in Australia .Well done to all who followed up on this crooks ....
Great news .. and achievement ..

Here's my 2 cents, chaps and chapettes.

I've read my way through this thread and gotten annoyed enough to actually sign up for the sole purpose of responding and hopefully teaching the readers (and possibly writers a few home truths).

Before I get aggressively shot down as being some sort of plant or puppet for TI solely based a paranoid appraisal of my user profile, be aware in advance that I'm NOT here to fill in my user profile for you to wonder at and pore over... just to provide hopefully useful feedback on this single thread.
I'm a private trader. I live in New Zealand. I am not associated with the old, defunct TI (other than as a student/member), nor the US company. I simply had an excellent experience with Lachy and the team, and was vastly offended by the drivel in this thread.

I joined TI in May 2012. I can't speak at all for any experiences people have had prior to that, and I'm not going to try.
I joined for two purposes:
1) Assistance in getting accounts/software etc set up (as I knew nothing much about what was required)
2) To learn the components, and skills so I could trade as private trader

Throughout my experience up to the end of TI in Australia (during Lachlan Elsworth's tenure):
- From an Admin/Offce perspective: They were unfailingly helpful, responsive, and gave me the support I required to set up and understand the various components I needed.
- From a eCourse perspective: (Starting from knowing nothing) It seemed a little simplistic, but gave a good base level of knowledge. The US voice talent was a tad annoying though.
- From a Moderator/Trainer/Advice Perspective: I spent months in both the classroom and the trading room. They were great. Both the mods I talked/listened to took time to explain things slowly and clearly. The mental modeling available by listening and watching (and eventually following along) was very useful. And their advice tallied with the numerous books I was also absorbing from multiple other sources. Their basic strategies became the foundation of my own strategies that I evolved later.

All-in-all I got precisely what I expected and wanted from my experience. After 4-5 months I was busy designing and extensively testing my own strategies and was no longer taking Trading room calls as they did not fit my trading plan.

So that was my experience.
I was constantly on the alert for hypocrisy, lying, fakery or any dissonance at all, as it was important to me to learn through people I felt were honest and had integrity. All I found were people seemingly dedicated to passing on a skill I wanted and open about what they knew, what they did, and how they did it.
Perhaps the worst I could say was there was some hyperbole at times, but I didn't mind that personally as I felt it contributed to a positive mental attitude.

Some final thoughts:
I've noticed that this career is awesome for one very important reason (which is one of the many reasons I chose this career): It self-filters for the morons, the delusional, the illogical and the emotionally unstable.

In my brief time as a journeyman in this curious trade, I've noticed that the successful private traders I have met all have several key things in common:
- They are emotionally stable
- They have a strong psychology, at least partly including a strong belief in their own ability to create opportunity
- They absorb knowledge easily and quickly
- They are always willing to question themselves, their methods, their results, and their reasons
- They strive to face reality bluntly, and be unfailingly honest with themselves
- They build their own strategies
- They extensively and exhaustively test their own strategies
- They focus on themselves, their own failings, their own strategy, and, at the core, understand that everything they do in the market is their own specific, personal responsibility and no-one else's.

In contrast I've noticed the following about failed traders, or those in the process of failing:
- They often have poor emotional control, erratic thinking, and/or other mental issues (big or small) that they cannot see, or simply refuse to face
- Their psychology can be weak, they do not stick to even their own plan. Much less someone else's
- They typically don't create their own strategies that suit their own psychology.
- They expect someone to "lay the golden egg" for them and continually tell them when to enter and when to exit. In fact in some cases with the really irate ones mainly they seem pissed off because the ONLY way they can trade is if someone else tells them what to do.
- They avoid personal responsibility. It's always someone else's fault. Rarely do they realise that once they grasp the basics of trading, the onus is purely on them from that point.
- They either don't think testing is important, don't do enough of it, or simply just don't do it whether they think it is important or not.
- They typically do not keep exhaustive statistics on their own performance, and, if asked, can't provide their own metrics around the system they use
- They spend the time they should be building and testing their own systems sitting on forums whining like little bitches to each other about how hard done by they were by X trading company, or Y trading room.

95% of traders fail. Those are the widely known statistics.
The reasons they fail are also widely known. My selection above is only a subset.
If you take a bunch of pissed off people with those failing qualities who aren't busy testing, or working on their own issues... what do you get? This bull**** thread.

The sad truth is:
If you have these poor qualities and can't face them or control them or are unwilling to work on them then you deserve your failure.

I like this career (so far) because the successful people seem to be humble, honest, personally responsible, and self-aware. This is a minor miracle to me as my experience is in the IT industry where the exact opposite is the rule... the biggest assholee gets the biggest office.

I notice there's a thread on these forums on random entry trading systems... if a case can be made for random entry trading plans that actually work, even a little bit... do you think your lack of success is more the fault of the trading plan, or the person executing it?

Next time you feel like a giant whine to the Internet on some forum somewhere... just remember: If it's a monument to blame for someone other than yourself, all you are doing is progressing further and further from the attitude and beliefs you need to actually trade successfully.

Also to FCOH-2: I like Trent. He's a very nice guy. Same with Lachy. You, sir, in my humble opinion, are a giant tool. And I've formed that opinion just reading what you wrote here... god knows how the people in real life stand you.

Let the paranoid retard-jabber commence! *cheer*

P.S. I've said my piece for whatever it's worth. I won't be back as I have no interest in how this is received, or in your beliefs or opinions.
Make of that whatever you wish.

Just a quick respond to M.Blaster comments :

You, sir, in my humble opinion are idiot and uneducated individual when you give about me such a description .
You know what, people like you who can spend $ 7000 on TI BS stories, are stupid enough, to get the same info for free anywhere on the net .It is available for free.

Again thanks for your complement but I know Lachlan and Trent very much and I know what I am talking about.Ask them personally they are good marketing people , they made their money from selling product to dumb people like you and that is the way how they made their money.

Good luck to you and keep your opinion about other people to your self and focus on TI and the scam they were running for so long .I know that the truth hurts .

Cheers mate, :D

Finally to all of you here TI in Australia doesn't exist any longer .
Lachlan Elsowrth license is suspended never to educate anyone in Australia .Well done to all who followed up on this crooks ....
Great news .. and achievement ..

Up date on this post : The master of re-invention is back again , he is under new name do called I D T A ,http://idta.com.au/ selling and attracting new customers with his BS and perhaps now a 101 and 102 education courses , again check the cost for those courses , out of pocket $4950 and $6950. If you are full enough to pay for some stories .
Before doing that please Ask the two most important questions you can ever ask anyone who makes bold statements about their returns and/or tries to sell you a product - Q1. Does he actually personally trade what he preach? Q2. If he say yes, ask him to show you the evidence of all his trade's screen shots and get him to show you (in black and white) his own personal trading account statements to confirm his so-called returns?
If he do not show you this – walk away and save your hard earned money to learn from someone who actually does walk the talk and can show you the evidence to backup their hyped returns!

Last edited: