The Holy Grail. Fact, or Fiction.

your right there man! unless it's used on a crap system. in which case it's an unholy grail.
I'd forgotten this thread. the holy grail is real though. you will find it behind your eyes and between your ears. we all have it. few use it.

good traders can actually make even crap systems better ;)

The HG of trading is 100% of many winning trades imho.

Not possible but worth aiming for . Still aiming for that

There's no such thing as a holy grail, in my opinion. There's just hard work and learning not to let your emotions dictate your decisions.

What I view as a holy grail "state":

At this level, the trader achieves an almost Zen-like trading state. Planning, analysis, research are the focus of his time and his effort. When the trading day opens, he's ready for it. He's calm, he's relaxed, he's centered.

Trading becomes effortless. He is thoroughly familiar with his plan. He knows exactly what he will do in any given situation, even if the doing means exiting immediately upon a completely unexpected development. He understands the inevitability of loss and accepts it as a natural part of the business of trading. No one can hurt him because he's protected by his rules and his discipline.

He is sensitive to and in tune with the ebb and flow of market behavior and the natural actions and reactions to it that his research has taught him will optimize his edge*. He is "available". He doesn't have to know what the market will do next because he knows how he will react to anything the market does and is confident in his ability to react correctly.

He understands and practices "active inaction", knowing exactly what it is he wants, exactly what it is he's looking for, and waiting, patiently, for exactly the right opportunity. If and when that opportunity presents itself, he acts decisively and without hesitation, then waits, patiently, again, for the next opportunity.

He does not convince himself that he is right. He watches price movement and draws his conclusions. When market behavior changes, so do his tactics. He acknowledges that market movement is the ultimate truth. He doesn't try to outsmart or outguess it.

He is, in a sense, outside himself, acting as his own coach, asking himself questions and explaining to himself without rationalization what he's waiting for, what he's doing, reminding himself of this or that, keeping himself centered and focused, taking distractions in stride. He doesn't get overexcited about winning trades; he doesn't get depressed about losing trades. He accepts that price does what it does and the market is what it is. His performance has nothing to do with his self-worth.

It is during this stage that the "intuitive" sense begins to manifest itself. As infrequent as it may be, he learns to experiment with it and to build trust in it, understanding that it is essentially a form of subconscious rapid-fire decision-making that stems from all of the work he has done during the previous stages.

And at the end of the day, he reviews his work, makes whatever adjustments are necessary, if any, and begins his preparation for the following day, satisfied with himself for having traded well.

Db

The holygrail/edge is to sell above fair value and buy below fair value , in another words buy at the bid sell at the ask . Thats it , think MM , locals at the pit ... . Drawing lines and channels is not the holy grail and it will never be .

GL

Yes, there is a holy grail!

Basically it's a system that works and makes you money !

And automated system that works would be even better, but then it should be able to follow the smartmoney and mass psychologie.

But there isn't something for nothing - it requires work to build up your own holy grail!

As for me people have idealized this concept too much. The grail isn't something beyond one's grasp, it's different for everyone. For example, I'm happy with my strategy and I can call it a grail.

Still looking for the HG.
I even tried both long and short on 16 currency pairs with a tp and sl of 300 points.
Amazingly it nearly broke even on 1 days trading.

Your search could be almost over Pat. I have a programme on my computer called a Google and I have used this to search for "the holy grail of trading".

Apparently it is found in a book by a man and costs just £7.79 on a thing called a kindle.

"There are no customer reviews yet" but I'm sure that's not a negative.

Your search could be almost over Pat. I have a programme on my computer called a Google and I have used this to search for "the holy grail of trading".

Apparently it is found in a book by a man and costs just £7.79 on a thing called a kindle.

"There are no customer reviews yet" but I'm sure that's not a negative.

There are only 89 copies left ...so hurry to purchase :LOL:

In my opinion, the grail has an abstract meaning, as everyone has different needs and aims. Some people are content with 100$ income per month, and for some even 10000$ is not going to be enough.