Legion

160 4
is the opinion then the grail simply does not, and never can exist? is it on par with the world is flat brigade?

therefore it is?

still no one can define what it is yet , what would it need to be?

frugi

1,827 126
The Grail for me would be the absolute certainty that the method I use to trade will work profitably under all possible future market conditions (well, excluding a permanent flatline of course). This ties in well with the idea of the Grail being within the person. Someone equipped with the tools and ability to adapt successfully to whatever the market throws at them could be said to have found their Grail, though it would be a holistic intangible Grail, not some specific element of their method or temporary external edge. Is this possible? Probably not with "absolute" certainty but some humans may approach "near" certainty (albeit possibility of losing future brain function).

Last edited:

CYOF

Experienced member
1,114 32
I rated this an 8.

Why?

Not because it had some very good points in relation to how trading may be approached - but it got the 8 mostly because it mentioned what I consider as the most important point of all - that is, your success / failure at trading (or anything in life for that matter) is largely dependant on YOU - and to add to that, the way YOU think.

In order to keep at it, as this is the only way we learn anything in life, YOU must have a commitment to what you are doing or trying to achieve.

To have a commitment, YOU must have a PURPOSE.

Your PURPOSE in life is the driving force that keeps you going no matter what.

But, a PURPOSE is no good on its own.

YOU, must also have a VISION so that you can see where you are going. This is very important, otherwise you may wander and never get anywhere or achieve anything.

But, a VISION on its own is also no good.

YOU, must also set yourself GOALS and TARGETS.

Your GOALS in life make it tangible, the difference between dreaming about something and actually making something happen.

BUT, having GOALS on their own is also no good.

YOU, must have a PLAN that breaks your MAIN GOALS down into manageable SMALL GOALS so that you can actually show results.

FAIL TO PLAN <> PLAN TO FAIL

So, before YOU even start on the road to finding the HOLY GRAIL for trading, unless you have a definite PURPOSE in life YOU may find it very difficult to achieve any real success.

IMHO, it is more important to be aware of the above more so than any TOOL that will be used for trading.

Once YOU fully understand the concepts of PURPOSE > VISION > GOALS > PLAN, then YOU will begin to realise that your success is 100% dependant on how YOU think.

Once YOU start this process, YOU will then discover additional details as to how YOU think can affect your desired GOALS.

It is not always necessary to have an ANSWER to a PROBLEM - and once YOU begin to understand how YOU think CORRECTLY, you will realise that the answer to every problem lies within - the SUB CONSCIOUS will automatically find the solution to any problem -providing of course we take the time to learn how this actually works.

BUT - this is all dependant on YOU having a definite PURPOSE in life - the real HOLY GRAIL.

Legion

160 4
"the SUB CONSCIOUS will automatically find the solution to any problem "

Would this include Finding the trading grail (which could be All Of YOU ) transformed into squiggly lines.

Hmm, so the grail can be created , why does the author suggest otherwise? ahh he says it's YOU, but you can transfer YOU your output? Its inside your head and ohh look, now its squiggly lines on a screen? So that can be done?

Hmm , Im not sure as the author says dont look for it.. but then reading what you said it suggests any problem solved...... who is telling fibs please?

Charlton

Experienced member
1,501 325
Legion said:
is the opinion then the grail simply does not, and never can exist? is it on par with the world is flat brigade?

therefore it is?

still no one can define what it is yet , what would it need to be?
Not at all, but it will not be found out there, in a black box. Rather it will be found in there, when light is allowed to illuminate the dark spaces within.

Trading is technically not that hard, but it can be made as intellectually as hard as one likes. It boils down to a simple fact of buying something at one price and selling at a higher price, enough to cover all the associated expenses.

Performing technical or fundamental analysis provides an edge in which you try to weight the odds more and more on your side.

Creating a plan, sticking to good money management and removing psychological barriers are all needed to ensure one survives long enough to see the edge's probability take place.

The grail is understanding and accepting the true nature of probability.

Charlton

Last edited:

SOCRATES

Veteren member
4,966 136
Legion said:

Would this include Finding the trading grail (which could be All Of YOU ) transformed into squiggly lines.

Hmm, so the grail can be created , why does the author suggest otherwise? ahh he says it's YOU, but you can transfer YOU your output? Its inside your head and ohh look, now its squiggly lines on a screen? So that can be done?

Hmm , Im not sure as the author says dont look for it.. but then reading what you said it suggests any problem solved...... who is telling fibs please?
You are on the right track.:cheesy:

rols

Experienced member
1,621 336
Charlton said:
Not at all, but it will not be found out there, in a black box. Rather it will be found in there, when light is allowed to alluminate the dark spaces within.

Trading is technically not that hard, but it can be made as intellectually as hard as one likes. It boils down to a simple fact of buying something at one price and selling at a higher price, enough to cover all the associated expenses.

Performing technical or fundamental analysis provides an edge in which you try to weight the odds a more and more on your side.

Creating a plan, sticking to good money management and removing psychological barriers are all needed to ensure one survives long enough to see the edge's probability take place.

The grail is understanding and accepting the true nature of probability.

Charlton

If Pat will permit me to post this for those who are interested. I thought it was aposite to this thread.

Man tries to make for himself in the fashion that suits him best a simplified and intelligible picture of the world. He then tries to some extent to substitute this cosmos of his for the world of experience, and thus to overcome it -- .He makes this cosmos and its construction the pivot of his emotional life in order to find in this way the peace and serenity which he cannot find in the narrow whirlpool of personal experience -- .The supreme task -- is to arrive at those universal elementary laws from which the cosmos can be built up by pure deduction. There is no logical path to these laws; only intuition, resting on sympathetic understanding of experience, can reach them -- .

Albert Einstein

SOCRATES

Veteren member
4,966 136
rols said:
If Pat will permit me to post this for those who are interested. I thought it was aposite to this thread.

Man tries to make for himself in the fashion that suits him best a simplified and intelligible picture of the world. He then tries to some extent to substitute this cosmos of his for the world of experience, and thus to overcome it -- .He makes this cosmos and its construction the pivot of his emotional life in order to find in this way the peace and serenity which he cannot find in the narrow whirlpool of personal experience -- .The supreme task -- is to arrive at those universal elementary laws from which the cosmos can be built up by pure deduction. There is no logical path to these laws; only intuition, resting on sympathetic understanding of experience, can reach them -- .

Albert Einstein
There you are....and he wasn't a trader. Beautifully put, I must comment.

Pat494

Legendary member
14,621 1,578
rols said:

[

Hope I didn't give the impression I was anti posting or something ?
Another Pat perhaps

CYOF

Experienced member
1,114 32
Legion said:

It will depend on YOUR way of thinking - if you really believe that you can make your Vision a reality, then why should you not be able to do so. YOU create YOUR own successes - and YOUR own failures.

The author is entitled to his opinion - but it is that - his opinion.
How YOU interpret information - squiggly lines on a screen - will again be dependent on how YOU think - this is a fact. It is also a fact that YOU can improve YOUR way of thinking so that YOU can achieve your set Goals.

The same information will be interpreted differently by each person - again it is how YOU think that will make the information a lie or a truth for YOU.

Interesting posts and comments - I will add a new post to the How To Think Correctly thread in the Psychology section, for further comments.

neil

Legendary member
5,167 748
Chump

chump said:
Well the Holly Grail I was at school with was a very decent sort of lass.

Chump behave will you.
This is a SMUT FREE board :cheesy: :LOL:

dc2000

Veteren member
4,766 129
The Grail of Trading does it exist

YES

The grail of trading is a method of trading the markets that has a high win/loss ratio, is profitable in nearly all market conditions and can be traded by someone who has very little market knowledge

It has nothing to do with psychology and finding oneself

Trading is a business its not personal

equtrader

29 1
dc2000 said:
The Grail of Trading does it exist

YES

The grail of trading is a method of trading the markets that has a high win/loss ratio, is profitable in nearly all market conditions and can be traded by someone who has very little market knowledge

It has nothing to do with psychology and finding oneself

Trading is a business its not personal

I agree. The article is somewhat esoteric. It reminds me of a Buddhist priest's selling point: "the truth is in you". We aren't dealing with metaphysics or psychology here. A Grail is a Grail regardless of whether someone doesn't succeed with it. Someone else will.

Definition of the Grail of Trading: Success rate = 100%

Anything else is not the Grail. Beware of cheap imitations.

Does It exist? I don't know.

Joe

Legion

160 4
equtrader said:
Success rate = 100%

Anything else is not the Grail. Beware of cheap imitations.

Does It exist? I don't know.

Joe

100 % ? thats a big number Joe. :) what about sudden news shock's? there must be a % or few thats gonna dent 100% over time

andycan

Established member
630 28
The holy grail i hasten to add would have to mean perfection.
and as it stands its pretty unlikely anyone over a meaningful period of time would be able to achieve this.
Thus the question needs to be raised whether the holy grail is the end result of money or perfect trades.
we know perfect trades though a romantic notion is not realistic but we can achieve profitable trading accounts without having to achieve 100% success rate on trades
therefore the holy grail in a realistic scenario must mean consistently profitable as opposed to consistently winning

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock