The Holy Grail. Fact, or Fiction.

There is a holy grail. It's called super disciplined money management. As it is "Holy", it must be practiced religiously or it doesn't work.

And like any religion, it's hard to be a Saint.

your right there man! unless it's used on a crap system. in which case it's an unholy grail.
I'd forgotten this thread. the holy grail is real though. you will find it behind your eyes and between your ears. we all have it. few use it.

There is, but unfortunately most cant see the wood for the tree's........even if i was to tell you how to find it, everyone on here would immediately start arguing and call me a naughty fibber ... but hay ho, my account seems to be happy.

Happy Days............:)

There is, but unfortunately most cant see the wood for the tree's........even if i was to tell you how to find it, everyone on here would immediately start arguing and call me a naughty fibber ... but hay ho, my account seems to be happy.

Aw C'mon... a good debate is the fuel of better ideas. At any rate, I'd be interested in what is making your account happy. Mine is satisfied but one can never be too happy.

Hmm....maybe not everyone !!!

YES i'm sure you would............:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Well, my account is very happy today. Perhaps it's those laughing emoticons you included in your post. If that's the "secret", it worked beautifully.

You're my hero now. I hope this one works as well for you: (y)

Yes.
I believe a so-called...Holy Grail trading method exists for people...but it's subjective for different people.:devilish:

fact, but we will not find outside ourself, that's why is difficult to find...
so we either search somewhere else or when we search inside it is well covered by a lot of sh@t

Last edited:
The Holy Grail that traders searched for (at least I did) was a system that gave you an entry that had no slippage and moved in the correct direction within 60 seconds. A stop that never got hit and withstood spurious spikes. A target that took in every point of the current 'trend' and was a reversal signal when hit.
The reality looks like stake size, contract length and how big a stop you can have.

Be long when price is in an uptrend, be short when its in a downtrend.

Other stuff you can afford to get wrong but not this.

New traders have a wrong perception about Holy Grail (including me in past). They think Holy grail is some strategy which will never fail, i.e they will never have a loss. Which is impossible. But even after getting loss, if your account grows in long term with the blessing of R/R ratio, then it can be called as Holy Grail.

New traders have a wrong perception about Holy Grail (including me in past). They think Holy grail is some strategy which will never fail, i.e they will never have a loss. Which is impossible. But even after getting loss, if your account grows in long term with the blessing of R/R ratio, then it can be called as Holy Grail.

That's correct. If there was 1 strategy that worked perfectly 100% of the time, it would have been found by now.

So it means each of us has a different Holy Grail. Also that we won't find it in websites or training courses. Its inside each of us already because my Holy Grail is different to yours and yours is different to anyone else's. So the Holy Grail is real and is a fact - its just that in some its just a tiny growing embryo and never gets to full maturity. Our job is to develop the right psychological environment, then our own Holy Grail will grow - and it will find us.

That's correct. If there was 1 strategy that worked perfectly 100% of the time, it would have been found by now.

So it means each of us has a different Holy Grail. Also that we won't find it in websites or training courses. Its inside each of us already because my Holy Grail is different to yours and yours is different to anyone else's. So the Holy Grail is real and is a fact - its just that in some its just a tiny growing embryo and never gets to full maturity. Our job is to develop the right psychological environment, then our own Holy Grail will grow - and it will find us.

Hallelujah brother

:rolleyes:

After gambling there are three kinds of trades. 1. First is mechanical where the setup is defined exactly, and so is the entry and exit. 2. Next comes the subjective where the mechanical system is tweaked a bit by logic and rationality. 3. The last is intuitive from a state of pure knowing that is in total harmony with God and/or the universe. Number three may or may not exist, but if it does, it would be the Holy Grail. It is the system Joseph used to trade commodities in ancient Egypt.

the Holy grail of trading success (as already mentioned here on this thread) is inside all of us and will only appear when the correct ingredient's have been added and mixed in correct quantities

an addiction to [Trading/Trading related] activities
super-inquisitive in nature and intellectually curious
perseverance / Discipline / Courage
Humility and willingness to change/adapt
laser focus

N

swopping the highlighted red words with any other subject gives you the recipe for success in most things in fact

After gambling there are three kinds of trades. 1. First is mechanical where the setup is defined exactly, and so is the entry and exit. 2. Next comes the subjective where the mechanical system is tweaked a bit by logic and rationality. 3. The last is intuitive from a state of pure knowing that is in total harmony with God and/or the universe. Number three may or may not exist, but if it does, it would be the Holy Grail. It is the system Joseph used to trade commodities in ancient Egypt.[/QUOTE]

seriously ?.........I did not know that