The Holy Grail. Fact, or Fiction.

Anyone who gets serious about trading will ultimately get to the point of chasing after buried treasures that don't exist. The thrill of the bet and the chase of the money can be alluring for anyone. The problem with the human mind is that it has a tendency to create something when nothing is really there. The mind is so powerful that hypnotists are capable of producing a burn on the skin of someone under hypnosis. If the mind is capable of this, and it is, then it is capable of believing in patterns that don't really exist.

Anyone who gets serious about trading will ultimately get to the point of chasing after buried treasures that don't exist. The thrill of the bet and the chase of the money can be alluring for anyone. The problem with the human mind is that it has a tendency to create something when nothing is really there. The mind is so powerful that hypnotists are capable of producing a burn on the skin of someone under hypnosis. If the mind is capable of this, and it is, then it is capable of believing in patterns that don't really exist.

I would put bitcoin in this area.
The gullible are easy meat for the jackals !

Holy Grail

My perfect Holy Grail would be if traders would have realistic goals when starting to trade.
This is actually more impossible than the Holy Grail.
Whom would profitable traders make profits from?

I might be wrong but I can't really see it working. It has no historic, geographical or metal base.

I remember how I didn't believe nor understood Twitter back in the days.. But see where it is now? Either I have some kind of bias towards noticing Bitcoin related news or it's really becoming accepted around the world.

I guess as we age we are slowly becoming conservative laggards..:sneaky:

I think the US government will wake up to the fact it has almost no control over bitcoin. Once it realizes this it will force it's allies to help squash it. Anything that threatens the World Monetary system with the US dollar at it's heart will have a hard time to survive imho

China and Finland etc. have already binned it.

Last edited:
I think the US government will wake up to the fact it has almost no control over bitcoin. Once it realizes this it will force it's allies to help squash it. Anything that threatens the World Monetary system with the US dollar at it's heart will have a hard time to survive imho

China and Finland etc. have already binned it.

Did I hear "Zeitgeist" somewhere between your words?

I have no idea what you mean.

Please explain ????

Anything that threatens the World Monetary system with the US dollar at it's heart will have a hard time to survive imho

That was the gist of major part of the movie "Zeitgeist". That there is an old guard which won't give up control so easily and a lot of conspiracy in addition to that.

My opinion is that if BTC show itself as a worthy alternative, there will be some skepticism at start, but then, as always, everyone will adapt. As it was w/ iPhones, as it is w/ cloud, as it will be w/ BTC.

BTC is just another form of paper money but with a limited supply , doesn't make a difference , anyone can come up with their own version of crypto currency , BTC is just a another "penny stock" ...

BTC is just another form of paper money but with a limited supply , doesn't make a difference , anyone can come up with their own version of crypto currency , BTC is just a another "penny stock" ...

Agree.
To all intents and purposes, all currency is digital now.
Who handles cash on a regular basis these days anyway.
Cards, online banking, BACS, CHAPS, smartphone swipe etc.
Can't say I even see the point of bitcoin anyway.

Haven't quite gotten my head around Bitcoin yet.

Seems storing them isn't actually really safe yet unless you're a computer wiz, and the volatility is kinda mind boggling, eh !

Millionaire today, beggar tomorrow, and right back up a day later ?

That apart I'm all in favour of a cashless society, my wife is from Finland and you used to be able to buy even small stuff there like mints or whatnots with a cash card even in the mid 90's already.

Now Scandinavia is taking it further:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/sweden-moving-towards-cashless-economy/

Good points.

I would put bitcoin in this area.
The gullible are easy meat for the jackals !
If we want to find gullible mugs, we only gots to look in the mirror Pat :cheesy:
F**king mugs! All of us.

I might be wrong but I can't really see it working. It has no historic, geographical or metal base.
Phew, going on that view, its amazing we have any money at all! Everything has to have a day 1 right.

Weeell i think the only thing 'US government' is gona do about it is what they are told to do about it, as they have just north of f**k all to do with 'World Monetary system'.
If i were heading the 'World Monetary systems' I would wouldnt be to fussed about bitcoin atm, bearing in mind its priced in 'my money', that i can create with a press of a button, i can f**k with it at will. Got to keep them gullibles in check you know!

Last edited:
I guess as we age we are slowly becoming conservative laggards..:sneaky:
defo, I might go step further an put as were just becoming more stupid. :)
That was the gist of major part of the movie "Zeitgeist". That there is an old guard which won't give up control so easily and a lot of conspiracy in addition to that.
The Zeitgeist idea is great, but no good for this world. I mean comon, pooling our resources/and knowledge, helping out our fellow man.
Ha, what a nonsense!!

Nah, it was a 'penny stock'. Where it goes from here, anyones guess.
One thing that interests me tho is, if it does print 1000s % higher in x years or become accepted in some unimaginable way. I wonder how many ':sleep: people' will be back here to say they got it wrong, not many id guess. Be all over it if they are right tho eh. :cheesy:

Last edited:
Can't say I even see the point of bitcoin anyway.
As far as i can tell its a protest LV. A protest against our current Debt based fiat system.
I put the 'Debt based' bit bold because its the one part that near all detractors (esp the gold bugs) neglect to mention (or just refuse acknowledge, cant have something theyve spent considerable time investigating be threatened by something as inconvenient as fact now eh) . Yet its this part, the interest part, that kicks its transactors (us gullible mugs) in the bollox the hardest.
The problems i see with bitcoin is it shares many issues of a com standard. Its supply is inflexible (our population numbers arnt getting any smaller), its vulnerable to hoarding/manipulation through hoarding.
It also takes every increasing amounts of Cpu to create. No doubt that Cpu could be put to better use elsewhere.

Sigh, I think my efforts to remove all fear from tarding might be seeping through to my posting :eek::LOL:

Last edited:
I think it probably exists but most people will never find it because they don't look with enough depth. You'll never find buried treasure if you spend all your time looking at things above the surface right?

A holy grail to me is simply something that will always work (statistically favored) in the long run, and returns profit that's well worth the time