The final Holy Grail!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice but not 100% so why lose your cedibility claiming it in the first place?

I suppose you're talking about the single negative trade between the other twenty trades.
I was asleep when the exit point came and when i woke up i decided to end up with it to avoid any risk, and it has surpassed after that much more than my first target.

I suppose you're talking about the single negative trade between the other twenty trades.
I was asleep when the exit point came and when i woke up i decided to end up with it to avoid any risk, and it has surpassed after that much more than my first target.

Actually your account shows 3 losing trades and overall 86% success rate. Don't get me wrong this is excellent, my point is why say it's 100% and invite ridicule when could just have told the truth and be regarded as a very good trader? If you are selling something then you have probably scared off quite a few peoplewith the 100% claim wheras posting the statement initially would have got you a lot more followers.

Actually your account shows 3 losing trades and overall 86% success rate. Don't get me wrong this is excellent, my point is why say it's 100% and invite ridicule when could just have told the truth and be regarded as a very good trader? If you are selling something then you have probably scared off quite a few peoplewith the 100% claim wheras posting the statement initially would have got you a lot more followers.
Do you see three lost trades in the statement? I see only two.
And who said that EUR/AUD trades where based on this strategy?
Did i make any loosing trade so far in this thread?
When i make one single loosing trade, you can start your criticizes; but now, plz, be quiet!

When i make one single loosing trade, you can start your criticizes; but now, plz, be quiet!

Great way to lose the 2 or 3 supporters you had on here. I might be wrong, but diplomacy was not your major in school?

Peter

ADDED: my bad, I see you did say "plz".

Read your own account statement, I have posted a screenshot if its not clear.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 253
It doesn't bother at all, but i'm focused on my charts and i don't have enough time to answer everybody here.
I don't follow very much this type of pairs (eur/aud, eur/cad, gbp/aud...)

Read your own account statement, I have posted a screenshot if its not clear.

and what was the system you thought i'm using it.

Oh don't concern yourself with that, btw I agree with your direction on the trade just thought you'd taken it early vis a vis your techinque. Just a little too early for me to swing, although I'm having a day off trading today....well...I'm supposed to be taking a day off...need to take the kids out somewhere soon..:)

I would just suggest that, even if the poster's 100% record turns out to be bona fide (which is hard to believe unless he never closes his losers but carries them the rest of his life), if any budding trader reading this thinks that the best way to trade is to find a way to avoid taking losses, you're just not ready to trade at all.

Losses aren't mistakes, they aren't 'bad' investments, they're not disasters - they're just overheads like your power and phone line and your computer. They are part of a trading year and should be covered in your trading plan. Failing to manage losses IS a disaster of course, as are (at the risk of sounding arrogant) refusal to accurately recognise your environment and to learn from it.

something i read somewhere years ago that has stuck with me - one trading room actually gets it's trainees to jump up and celebrate losses or failed trades as part of their training, so that they begin to fully understand and accept that losses are a natural part of this business and each loss actually brings you closer to the next Winner !!

I agree with both of you, but the point of this thread is to show everybody here that the non loosing strategy does exist, at least so far, and that such system can be found with deep research.

something i read somewhere years ago that has stuck with me - one trading room actually gets it's trainees to jump up and celebrate losses or failed trades as part of their training, so that they begin to fully understand and accept that losses are a natural part of this business and each loss actually brings you closer to the next Winner !!

Mark Dougals mentions this several time in his books, I also like Van Tharp's view that you are simply paying for market information...IMO inevitable losses (if you've stuck to your rules) do not *hurt*, whilst not embracing them they are, as Tom said up thread, as much a part of the overhead of your business as power, depreciation on capital equipment etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.