The final Holy Grail!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomorton

Legendary member
7,279 972
I would just suggest that, even if the poster's 100% record turns out to be bona fide (which is hard to believe unless he never closes his losers but carries them the rest of his life), if any budding trader reading this thinks that the best way to trade is to find a way to avoid taking losses, you're just not ready to trade at all.

Losses aren't mistakes, they aren't 'bad' investments, they're not disasters - they're just overheads like your power and phone line and your computer. They are part of a trading year and should be covered in your trading plan. Failing to manage losses IS a disaster of course, as are (at the risk of sounding arrogant) refusal to accurately recognise your environment and to learn from it.

pozzyp

Established member
659 53
I would just suggest that, even if the poster's 100% record turns out to be bona fide (which is hard to believe unless he never closes his losers but carries them the rest of his life), if any budding trader reading this thinks that the best way to trade is to find a way to avoid taking losses, you're just not ready to trade at all.

Losses aren't mistakes, they aren't 'bad' investments, they're not disasters - they're just overheads like your power and phone line and your computer. They are part of a trading year and should be covered in your trading plan. Failing to manage losses IS a disaster of course, as are (at the risk of sounding arrogant) refusal to accurately recognise your environment and to learn from it.
Completely agree with this and think it’s a great way to look at it. Trading is a business and every business has overheads, for a trader your overhead is risk nothing wrong with getting stopped out on a position obviously you would rather not but just have to look at it as the cost of doing business.

Black Swan

Legendary member
5,613 833
Face it, anybody who finds and trades a system that is very successful does not bother posting signals to public forums unless they are ultimately trying to sell something. This is just silly.
Or is it just youthful exuberance? We've all had those innocent eureka moments early days; "Mon dieu, look at that, when that histogram thingy chages colour price goes up or down!!, This time next year Rodders...""

TBh I just let all this go right over my head now, like you I scan this type of thread waiting for the *sell*..:rolleyes: Holy Grail? Hell yeah..in each and everyone of us.
You only need to have been at this game for a year or two to know what's required of you to pull profit out of the market; good management, of self and money, underpinned by most strats. will (should) lead to an edge of sorts...

Reactions: rathcoole_exile

Paulie_5

201 50
Or is it just youthful exuberance? We've all had those innocent eureka moments early days; "Mon dieu, look at that, when that histogram thingy chages colour price goes up or down!!, This time next year Rodders...""

TBh I just let all this go right over my head now, like you I scan this type of thread waiting for the *sell*..:rolleyes: Holy Grail? Hell yeah..in each and everyone of us.
You only need to have been at this game for a year or two to know what's required of you to pull profit out of the market; good management, of self and money, underpinned by most strats. will (should) lead to an edge of sorts...
Well said BS.

I let this cr@p go right over my head too. The only issue I have with idiots coming on this site and claiming 99.9% / 100% success rates is that newbies (who genuinely want to learn to trade), start to forge the mindset that losses are bad.

That is one of the hardest aspects of trading - accepting that you can be profitable with a 40% success rate (with correct R:R) and having the mental toughness to sit out the drawdowns and ultimately let probability play out in your favour.

If you start off believing that 99%/100% is possible (thanks to morons like the OP), then you will never develop properly as a trader - even if you had it in you in the first place.

pboyles

Legendary member
8,072 1,301
Short GBP/USD again at 1.5360, waiting for closing position.

What happened your first GBPUSD trade from this morning, did you take a loss on it or is it still open?

bbmac

Veteren member
3,584 787
Short GBP/USD again at 1.5360, waiting for closing position.
This is getting even better, not only do you trade without any stops, you will also average into a losing position,....Now just complete the picture and tell us that you are using 100:1 leverage lol..

G/L anyway.

brettus

Experienced member
1,185 103
I think you need to turn it off when theres month end fixing and when theres news about Greece, and when there is any news out whatsoever. If you can tell the world not to send or post or even talk about news, then i think your system could work 100% of the time. You also have to predict natural disasters. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.