The final Holy Grail!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total profit of the day: 172 pips + profit of yesterday: 79 pips= 251 pips in two single days.

medbs

Are you going to post on a daily basis ?

The reason I ask is that I have checked out your trades today on the charts and although I would not have entered those trades where you did ( especially the CHF and EUR trades ), my method would have got me into those same trades somewhat later on.....if I had been chart watching, which often I am not.

Your GBP trade entry was the closest to where my method would have had me enter long...pretty close actually.

I was just thinking .... I don't really want to know details of your system but I could certainly use your posts as some kind of alert to tell me that a trade might be imminent.

So yes, please do continue to post up your entries.

And if those were real trades today and yesterday - and I have no reason to doubt you - then very well done !!

MEDBS

are u using market profile for entry exit?

TR

forgot to say...in forex point of control of the previous day is being touched next day more then 95% of the time (contrary to indices) so that;s why i ask, one can use this fenomenon but with a spanish stop only.....not my piece of cake ..
TR

Short GBP/JPY at 144.08, waiting for closing position.

Hi medbs,

You are currently 150 pips offside on the GBP/JPY trade - do you run this system for real? with no stops?

Thanks,
c6

I would just suggest that, even if the poster's 100% record turns out to be bona fide (which is hard to believe unless he never closes his losers but carries them the rest of his life), if any budding trader reading this thinks that the best way to trade is to find a way to avoid taking losses, you're just not ready to trade at all.

Losses aren't mistakes, they aren't 'bad' investments, they're not disasters - they're just overheads like your power and phone line and your computer. They are part of a trading year and should be covered in your trading plan. Failing to manage losses IS a disaster of course, as are (at the risk of sounding arrogant) refusal to accurately recognise your environment and to learn from it.

I would just suggest that, even if the poster's 100% record turns out to be bona fide (which is hard to believe unless he never closes his losers but carries them the rest of his life), if any budding trader reading this thinks that the best way to trade is to find a way to avoid taking losses, you're just not ready to trade at all.

Losses aren't mistakes, they aren't 'bad' investments, they're not disasters - they're just overheads like your power and phone line and your computer. They are part of a trading year and should be covered in your trading plan. Failing to manage losses IS a disaster of course, as are (at the risk of sounding arrogant) refusal to accurately recognise your environment and to learn from it.

Completely agree with this and think it’s a great way to look at it. Trading is a business and every business has overheads, for a trader your overhead is risk nothing wrong with getting stopped out on a position obviously you would rather not but just have to look at it as the cost of doing business.

Face it, anybody who finds and trades a system that is very successful does not bother posting signals to public forums unless they are ultimately trying to sell something. This is just silly.

Or is it just youthful exuberance? We've all had those innocent eureka moments early days; "Mon dieu, look at that, when that histogram thingy chages colour price goes up or down!!, This time next year Rodders...""

TBh I just let all this go right over my head now, like you I scan this type of thread waiting for the *sell*..:rolleyes: Holy Grail? Hell yeah..in each and everyone of us.
You only need to have been at this game for a year or two to know what's required of you to pull profit out of the market; good management, of self and money, underpinned by most strats. will (should) lead to an edge of sorts...

Or is it just youthful exuberance? We've all had those innocent eureka moments early days; "Mon dieu, look at that, when that histogram thingy chages colour price goes up or down!!, This time next year Rodders...""

TBh I just let all this go right over my head now, like you I scan this type of thread waiting for the *sell*..:rolleyes: Holy Grail? Hell yeah..in each and everyone of us.
You only need to have been at this game for a year or two to know what's required of you to pull profit out of the market; good management, of self and money, underpinned by most strats. will (should) lead to an edge of sorts...

Well said BS.

I let this cr@p go right over my head too. The only issue I have with idiots coming on this site and claiming 99.9% / 100% success rates is that newbies (who genuinely want to learn to trade), start to forge the mindset that losses are bad.

That is one of the hardest aspects of trading - accepting that you can be profitable with a 40% success rate (with correct R:R) and having the mental toughness to sit out the drawdowns and ultimately let probability play out in your favour.

If you start off believing that 99%/100% is possible (thanks to morons like the OP), then you will never develop properly as a trader - even if you had it in you in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.