Terrorist Attacks in London?

Bull,
Sideways movements in the markets today! Any views on options trading?

Regards

Tell me to shut up if I've missed the point here, but I don't think that this is the proper thread to be talking about options strategies, I don't want to start an arguement, but lets all remember what the title of this thread is.

MarvinS said:
Bull,
Sideways movements in the markets today! Any views on options trading?

Regards
====================================================================
Yeh! just keep buying OTM ftse index PUTS and keep sending your funds towards us :LOL: :-0 [the option writers]

I know what ur finking, will the mrkts soon start to go souf and will there be more attacks in the world that would send more fear & panic. :cool:

Its very likely we'll see more attacks in the world by them, that is to be xpected. But i'm still writing. [someone has to :LOL: otherwise who would take your offerings and the option mrkts will ground to a halt.] :cheesy:

Bull
Always be ready to expect the unexpected. :cool: at all times :cool:

Yeah Dan,
Probably right not to be discussing Option strategies on this thread. I was just discussing with Bull his views on current volatility. Not the right time and place!
Regards
Marvin

danfreek said:
Tell me to shut up if I've missed the point here, but I don't think that this is the proper thread to be talking about options strategies, I don't want to start an arguement, but lets all remember what the title of this thread is.
==================================================================
Dan,
This thread is about terrorists and what they can do to the world. They iam to bring fear and confusion, death to the innocents and panic.
BUT, they also want to affect the economies of the WORLD and bring world leaders down [from power] :devilish: They can send the option/futures mrkt to hell and back too.
So i fink ur wrong! this thread covers many many things! it also covers [in a big way ] RELIGION and politics too. :cool: IMHO

Bull

Read Matthew chapter 24. i'm sure u'll then agree with my comments above. :cool: :rolleyes:

Bull,
Are we gonna have an argument regarding the ethics of posting trading comments on a thread linked to terrorist attacks. It is a sensitive subject so tread carefully.

Marv

God said, " he will make the simple WISE and the wise SIMPLE" [in the last days]

Are the world learders wise or simple? thats the real question to all you guy's out there today. :cheesy: :cool:

Marv,
Let ur hedge be your edge and your head rule your pockets [account] and not ur pocket rule ur head :rolleyes:

Happy trading to all! lurkers too :!: :cool: :idea: AND dont forget we need losers [God bless them] in order to have winners :cheesy: :LOL: is that not so eddyjo? :rolleyes:

Bull

MarvinS said:
A way with words - Are you winding Eddyjo up!
================================================================
Wrong! I'm trying to make him wise? i hope?

REMEMBER GOD SAID MY PEOPLE NEVER DIE :!:
see "how to be saved" on my site>> click>> www.jc53.com << enjoy

Happy day to all!
I'm going out for rest of day.

Is this now a religious propaganda thread?

Looks like this thread is now becoming a religious propaganda site. The sooner all governments dispense with this ridiculous superstitious nonsense the sooner the world will be a better place to live in. Religious faith is a cop-out for the intellectually challenged. If the only way you can accept an assertion is by blind faith, then you are conceding that it cannot stand up on its own merits.
People never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction and that goes for all religions.

Denny, I agree in part with your post, I do believe that government should be separated from religion, however, I do not see religion as a bad thing in itself, it only becomes bad when it is mixed with coercive force, this is only possible when it is joined with government.

Islam is not bad, Muslims are not bad people, however, Islamic governments that do not allow religious and other freedoms (agreed not all Islamic states adhere to this as Salty has pointed out, but the majority do) are bad, as would be a christian, Jewish or Pagan state that did the same thing.

It is a shame that religion is used to murder people, but it is not religion on trial, but rather the way that it is used.

Denny said:
Looks like this thread is now becoming a religious propaganda site. The sooner all governments dispense with this ridiculous superstitious nonsense the sooner the world will be a better place to live in. Religious faith is a cop-out for the intellectually challenged. If the only way you can accept an assertion is by blind faith, then you are conceding that it cannot stand up on its own merits.
People never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction and that goes for all religions.

agree 90% of the root cause of al the probs is religion
think about it................

danfreek said:
Islam is not bad, Muslims are not bad people, however, Islamic governments that do not allow religious and other freedoms (agreed not all Islamic states adhere to this as Salty has pointed out, but the majority do) .

hey hey hey - tell me one Islamic State which is democratic! and one Islamic state which gives full rights to Women and freedom of other faiths. Muslims are just as peace loving as you and me, but its their leaders who are bad

Agree, Islam is not bad, many good things in it!

Unfortunately it is in most religions nature to want to curb peoples freedom, in varying degrees. The whole concept of religion was invented in order to keep the masses under control and curb freedom of thought and expression. They want to mould peoples views (brainwash) into some predefined manner which stops people thinking for themselves and questioning the validity of their superior religion. One thing all religions have in common is their belief that their religion is THE superior religion above all others/ If they kept this maniac thinking to themsleves it would not be so bad, but no, because their way is the ONLY way they have to convert the poor "non believers" into their madness to save them from their selves. Religion has spent many hundred years "saving" people.

All good points,

reena, I didn't want to tar all islamic states with the same brush without a personal experience of them, Salty mentioned a particularly nice stay in Barain, and I am not qualified to disagree. I don't think the problem is actually religion, but rather the misuse of religion,

eddyjo and Denny, I take it from your posts that you do not have any religious beliefs, that's not a problem, but please don't insult those people that do have religious beliefs simply for that fact. My beliefs contain the idea that it is wrong to try to convert people, it also says that all religions are valid and have their place. Not all religions are designed to dominate, I agree that this has been the trait of many of the worlds major religions, but only because they have been misused by the state or others who are prepared to use physical force to impose their views.

Danfreak,
The last thing I wanted to do was to insult your particular religion. My tirade was against the religious bigots of all persuasions who seek to impose their beliefs and will on others. This is what has been the root cause of so many deaths in the world in past centuries and continues today. Everyone has the right to do and believe in what they want as long as it does not harm other people nor should it try and indoctrinate them into their ways.
However whatever your belief is it should presumably be strong enough to take criticism directed at it. The basis of free speech (which we are slowly losing under this government) is that a person should be allowed to express their views openly.

Absolutely Denny, free speech is such an important part of freedom, I did not feel that you were trying to critisise my religion, but thank you for clarifying that that wan't the case :) and yes, people must be able to accept other peoples points of view, even those that they see as critisism.

"Everyone has the right to do and believe in what they want as long as it does not harm other people nor should it try and indoctrinate them into their ways."

Absolutely, I could not agree more.

"The more restrictions and prohibitions in the world, the poorer people get." -- Lao Tzu

Cause/ Effect!

Denny said:
====================================================================
Den, others,
I think ur indicating that "religion" is a bad thing? thats the understanding I'm getting from you and other posters.
I noticed that you & others are also in favour on "free speech".
Below is a little "free speech", tell me what u think of what I'm saying:

1.The Bible and the Koran writings are given by HOLY men that teach/preach GOOD things and give GOOD advice for mankind! I cannot find anything wrong with what these holy men are saying.

2. If these two books were removed/banned 20-40 yrs ago? Do you think the world today would be a better/safer place to live in.?

3. These Holy books tells us the following: You shall not kill, you shall not steal, you shall not rape, you shall not give false evidence etc etc.

Now plz tell us how do you come to your conclusions what is right and what is wrong ?[ without the advice/help from number 3 above] and that religion is a bad thing? when it is clear that "religion" teach good things!

The ROOT of the problem is FREE speech!!! NOT religion!
The terrorists that kill people are NOT muslims or Christians! but they chose to call them selves Christians/Muslims in order to turn people from/against religion!
The problem is FREE SPEECH against the Bible, Koran, Holy men, God, liberty, freedom, morality, religion etc etc.

bull
ALL the moral laws come from the Bible/Koran :!: :cool: and NOT from the politicians! :cool: and most certainly not from GW Bush or the WHITE HOUSE! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle,
This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,
This other Eden, demi-paradise;
This fortress, built by nature for herself,
Against infection, and the hand of war;
This happy breed of men, this little world;
This precious stone set in the silver sea,
Which serves it in the office of a wall,
Or as a moat defensive to a house,
Against the envy of less happier lands;
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,