Terrorist Attacks in London?

Yep ****see is up today but only the opening pop. Rest of the day has been a difficult range of 35/45/
Still RBS is up almost 30 points in 2 days so I am off to the golf course!

Watch OUT boys terrorist Emily to hit the gulf of mexico oil fields next week :(
The USA will need to increase oil import to cover short fall!!!

OIL UP TO 65 $ NEXT WEEK. :cool:

STAY TUNED TO THIS SECTOR AND THREAD FOR MORE UPDATES. :rolleyes:

PUT WRITERS KEEP ON TAKING PREM'S FROM THESE GENEROUS PAYERS.
SAFE PLACE IS THE FOOTSIE 100 INDEX, ITS FLOODED WITH CASH :LOL:
Theres more cash coming in at the mo than oil from Saudi :cool: :LOL:

Bull
miss this thread at ur peril! :LOL: :cheesy: we'll talk about comms later next week or next month.

Last edited:
Marvelous S,
Stay cool :cool: m8. I'm NOT highjacking UR thread :cheesy: :LOL:

Many PUT buyers are xpecting the footsie to drop soon. KEEP buying boys :LOL: :cheesy:
OH what a lovely day-week for the PUTwriters.! :LOL: :cool:

Next week we'll find out who was funding the London bombers. What shall the authorities do with these people/pigs? they are worse than the bombers. :devilish:

Bull
The love of money is the root of all our problems! People will kill for it :devilish: some will die for it too :devilish:

Article on Bloomberg saying and i quote price of gold may rise to $725 by 2010 according to Merrill's.
Typical scare moungering!

As for my views on the FTSE, these have been long term views of many traders. Is the market over valued or not and is a large capitulation going to happen? Option writers have been celaning up for a few years now.

Reading an article written by one of the bombers victims fathers, "he was the perfect son". It does bring a tear to the eye. And as for the funders of this attrocity/ murder - the weight of a billion is on them. They will go down big time!

Bull take it easy...

Each man can be his own god.

eddyjo said:
An open question....Can anybody tell me who god is? I know he gets plenty of publicity whenever people are discussing ' morals ' ' ethics ' and tolerance etc. etc.
Yes, more to the point, I can tell you who god can be, but I doubt if you will listen or understand what I am about to impart to you.

It is more a question of awareness than religious belief.

If you are a highly developed individual and as a consequence have a high level of awareness you do not need to ask this question because the answer offers itself to you before the question is asked, and that is regardless of which religious persuasion you belong to.

This is because if you are to be a proper human being this empowers you to realise you are above all the creatures on this earth. It places upon you the responsibilty to act correctly.
It causes you to reflect. And it causes you to consider deeply.

This depth of consideration is linked to your level of self esteem as a person first of all and how it is you see yourself fitting in with everything, not just people, and animals, and birds, and fish, but in context with all of the environment that surrounds and envelops you as a living being.

It causes you to be able to exercise the option of choice. Choice is a very important element in this.

There are millions of living organisms that have no choice, rather they do not posses the luxury of choice because of their inability to act within a self imposed moral framework.

Nor do they possess the luxury of being able to logically deduce and reason, and to act in accordance with these two faculties.

It causes you to realise your own life on this earth is brief and in consequence of this, it is as if you are a trustee and not an immortal entity and owner of everything.

In consideration of all the above it causes you to take all these ideas into account and to self conduct yourself to behave properly, and not to abuse your priviledges as custodian and not mess up the environment for those unborn waiting to occupy it and for those very young whose future depends upon you.

Also it causes you to consider others and to give the gift of life itself value. The way you are apt to treat others enhances or messes up your own gift of life and what choices are left to you and how you use it.

Finally as all of this is a matter of personal self governance of the highest order it places the responsibility on the individual to conform with all of the above as well.

Therefore, notwithstanding religion, each man must be, in the end analysis, strive to be his own god, and succeed in being so.

And I do not propose to take this further, because this is enough, for starters, as the great majority prove incapable of even mastering concepts as simple as these.

Last edited:
Marv,

The terrorists of this world are going to be here [earth] for a long time. Theres lots of worried traders out there! especially option and futures players.
The terrorists have boosted the option PUT contracts activities this week. This has also created good business for the brokers and they are making a k...........g in comms.
[i dont want to use the word but u know what i mean]

Traders are now prepared to spend some profits on buying PUTS [long and short dated contracts] just as a precaution incase of another attack in the world.
The writers are asking higher prices than the MM are quoting. I increased the premium price ABOVE the MM quote by a few points and still got filled in seconds. It seems that the buyers of puts just cant wait to spend the lolly.£$$££$£$

Bull

Last edited:
Socrates,

PHEW!!! I think your post blew many of us away and perhaps eddjo too? poor chap his head must be spinning. :cheesy: or is walking around the hood telling people the good news he is god. :LOL:

I was out in Virginia waters area in surrey yesterday at a pub called the wheatsheaf with 2 clients and a mrkt mkr [btifull place with eating tables outside and they also serve medditeranian salads with chilled white wine in bucket of ice] we then took a stroll down along the lakes 30 yrds away to streach our legs, it was like being in paradise in a hot sunny day.
We discussed many things on mrkts, options, ftrs, hedges, footsie,etc.
The 2 clients believed in God cause they were jews. But the MM believed what you discribed in ur post. He said that when it comes to option pricing he was GOD! inother words what he was saying is that MONEY was coming at him like a water-fall and that he had the powers to put any bloody price he wanted [within reason] on options and the BUYERS would believe his prices MUST be right! and they would pay his price! he said that made him feel like he was god! I wish i had invited you along. :LOL:

Soc, ur quote >> "Therefore, notwithstanding religion, each man must be, in the end analysis, strive to be his own god."
How do you protect yourselve in a plane, train, restaurant etc when theres a suicide bomber there ready to send many to their deaths? or avoid being in that place? :rolleyes:

Bull

Last edited:
Soccy.................baby!

Well, well, what can I say...........................outstanding
cheers d998

Each man can be his own god and still be human, continued...

bulldozer said:
Socrates,

PHEW!!! I think your post blew many of us away and perhaps eddjo too? poor chap his head must be spinning. :cheesy: or is walking around the hood telling people the good news he is god. :LOL:

I was out in Virginia waters area in surrey yesterday at a pub called the wheatsheaf with 2 clients and a mrkt mkr [btifull place with eating tables outside and they also serve medditeranian salads with chilled white wine in bucket of ice] we then took a stroll down along the lakes 30 yrds away to streach our legs, it was like being in paradise in a hot sunny day.
We discussed many things on mrkts, options, ftrs, hedges, footsie,etc.
The 2 clients believed in God cause they were jews. But the MM believed what you discribed in ur post. He said that when it comes to option pricing he was GOD! inother words what he was saying is that MONEY was coming at him like a water-fall and that he had the powers to put any bloody price he wanted [within reason] on options and the BUYERS would believe his prices MUST be right! and they would pay his price! he said that made him feel like he was god! I wish i had invited you along. :LOL:

Soc, ur quote >> "Therefore, notwithstanding religion, each man must be, in the end analysis, strive to be his own god."
How do you protect yourselve in a plane, train, restaurant etc when theres a suicide bomber there ready to send many to their deaths? or avoid being in that place? :rolleyes:

Bull
Bulldozer. as it happens I know The Wheatsheaf very well and used to stop there for lunch on the way to London Road, in Camberley. I agree with you that it is a delightful venue, particularly in Spring, Summer and also on those muted, leaf strewn days of Autumn.

I think from what you say, your guests are all of them right, at a certain level of personal awareness but wrong from a higher viewpoint of personal spiritual development.

You see, the MM views himself as invincible by virtue of the fact he is able to manipulate prices, but he himself is not free. This is because he has to fulfil obligations imposed upon him. These are obligations in terms of time, (daily attention), periodicity, (daily attendance), commitment, (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly participation). He is in effect a prisoner of his own success. He is not truly godlike in the purest sense of the word.

The skilled trader who has reached the pinnacle of self imposed proficiency is by comparison truly free, in terms of time, periodicity and commitment, because "he" is able to truly excercise choice. The freedom to exercise choice is as a consequence of his freedom.

A by product of this freedom is to act in a godlike manner not available to others on treadmills.

Your two Jewish guests are also misdirected. It is possible to be truly pious for its own sake and consequently god respecting but at the same time recognising that at a much higher level of personal awareness and spiritual development a human being ought to be capable of not becoming enslaved by religious ritual but instead aware of that truly awesome idea that one is human, that one's humanity confers a responsibility to act in a godlike manner, as a consequence of being able to assume self responsibility, conscience, and sefl governance of the highest order.This enhanced higher level of awareness is by default, if you like, truly godlike in the purest sense of the idea.

I will add that this in no way conflicts with monotheism (worship of a single god) at all.

I never cease to be amazed at how it is that people are apt to misdirect themselves, in this case you present on the one hand the distracting potential of power, and on the other hand
the distracting potential of religious belief, but in both cases devoid of an appreciation of the wonder it is to be human and to be in the possession of the gift of choice, and what is more, the excercise of choice underpinned by the ability to logically deduce and reason, and the ability to do so within a framework of morality and self imposed governance of the highest order,as an expression of will, and that, when you think about it deeply, that is truly godlike, I respectfully submit.

I also to a certain extent believe in destiny, and that we all create for ourselves what we lead ourselves to. In this regard avoiding risky venues and decidedly not fraternising with undesireables is a prerequisite to avoiding danger. Also the recognition of what is dangerous or not as a matter of skill is open to debate. Skill alone is not enough in avoiding horrors, there is also an element of luck to be considered.

Last edited:
Bull,

Indeed you are quite right, it is a week after all hell was let loose in the markets. Traders will want some downside protection after such an event. Having said that the markets look quite strong at the moment.

A 2 minutes Silence please Guys....

MarvinS said:
A 2 minutes Silence please Guys....
I think we all feel the same way and will spend at least the official 2 minutes silence and reflect.
More so just to show support to those affected.
Yep, we are with you all.

For those that dont know the wheatsheaf venue? I strongly recomend the place for a good family day out by the lakes [swim also permited] and good picnic areas too also plenty of parking spaces near by.

Soc,
Good post again!
But i will also add that the mm CAN widen the sprd price and no-one can stop him from doing so! this is because the demand for puts purchase is so HIGH after the bombings.[the sprds were 3 times wider then the usual on bombing day on most put strikes]
and as our friend Marv indicated: the traders need some downside protection just incase of more scares/attacks.

Anyway the footsie is looking strong and looks like its going to be 5300 soon perhaps just days away?

Bull
Good day to all! and let us remember our dead and their families in our prayers.

Last edited:
MarvinS said:
Article on Bloomberg saying and i quote price of gold may rise to $725 by 2010 according to Merrill's.

QUOTE]

Why not $721.31 by August 15, 2009.
The guy that wrote that article probably has no idea as to the date of his /her
next haircut.

That was what i was thinking - the analyst at Merrill Lynch gets paid a wedge to say this.
Its the same with Party Gaming - Goldman Sachs came out with a price target of between 1.80p to 2.50p
They IPO'd at 116p...
That reminds me i have to go out and have a haircut!

Hundreds of people outside for the 2mins silence in London, Spirit.

commanderco said:
MarvinS said:

QUOTE]

Why not $721.31 by August 15, 2009.
The guy that wrote that article probably has no idea as to the date of his /her
next haircut.
=============================================================
The way things are going.. ... it may be priced in UERO or YEN by 2008 and the US $ becomes history :cheesy:

bulldozer The way things are going.. ... it may be priced in UERO or YEN by 2008 and the US $ becomes history :cheesy:[/QUOTE said:
Watch the US national defecit run past $9 TRLLS>>>>> by 2006-2007

Bull

It has been said for a while that oil would be priced in Euro's....
I dont think the US would give this up lightly, and what effect would this have on Euro/US relations?
If we are looking at this happening to the Euro, then how would this effect us?
Regards
Marvin