Terrorism. New approach !

None of which is a justification for remaining ignorant of the reasons for terrorist activity, even if this is nothing more than a vent thread.

This is after all the age of the internet.

I'm just wondering about the meaning of all this...

Qatar’s defense ministry says the country has signed a deal to buy F-15 fighter jets from the U.S. for $12 billion, completing a deal even as President Trump has accused the nation of supporting terrorism.

Reuters writes the U.S. approved the possible sale of up to 72 jets to Qatar for $21.1 billion in November. Boeing BA, +0.02% is the prime contractor on the jet sale, but declined to comment. Last week, Trump accused Qatar of being a “high-level” sponsor of terrorism.

So the US accuses Qatar state government of colluding with terrorists and then agrees to sell them high tech state of the art F15 fighter jets?

Let's just stop and think about this for one short second. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Actually we've been thinking about it for decades, ever since the US outfitted both the Saudis and the Israelis.

Which is one chief reason why one can take whatever politicians say with a very large grain of salt.

Can something be done ?

YES YES YES

The current policy of just trying to capture the perpetrators isn't good enough.
Terrorist cells need nipping in the bud.
1.To do this many sting operations need to be mounted. Preferably by fellow muslims.

Trump may just have the balls to do something on these lines rather than accuse the wrong countries.
The Europeans haven't got what it takes as yet.

The problem is the muslims as a group do not even denounce terrorism by fellow muslims AFAIK. How many IMAMS have publicly denounced muslim extremists?

Peter

The problem is the muslims as a group do not even denounce terrorism by fellow muslims AFAIK. How many IMAMS have publicly denounced muslim extremists?

Peter

Loads mate but police didn't want to get involved saying it was a private matter.

Here you go... http://hackneypost.co.uk/2009/03/10/leader-of-finsbury-park-mosque-threatened-by-extremists/

As for Hamza hook eye, I'm sure his in some villa somewhere with his 40 wives or virgins at tax payers expense. Personally I always thought he was an agent as I could not comprehend the leniency shown towards the focker.

More recently London terrorists have been rejected for muslim burial. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ram-shazad-butt-rachid-redouane-a7774291.html

Which ever way I look at it, defence industries need a bogey man to get their budgets.

Have you watched this video yet?

I guess it's a different Muslim community here in the USA.

And FYI, I'm not interested in mostly debunked conspiracy theories about 9-11 nor do I want to debate it's merits or lack thereof...

Peter

I guess it's a different Muslim community here in the USA.

And FYI, I'm not interested in mostly debunked conspiracy theories about 9-11 nor do I want to debate it's merits or lack thereof...

Peter

Ok but can you explain to me why US has embargoes and places economic penalties and sanctions on some countries who trade with other countries supporting terrorism whilst at the same time sells high tech weapons to those that do?

I fail to see distinction between Qatar and Iran based on the blurb from US government about their support for terrorism. :rolleyes:

I also fail to see how Saudies can get away with so much terrorism and human right abuses compared to let's say China and never get mentioned as we mustn't upset their royal family?

Whilst you are good at debunking conspiracy theories, who started Iran's nuclear program?

What ever you say or think, to me it's simply business of building weapons of mass destruction and creating a need for a product that really isn't required by anyone in our modern era.

Much like coco-cola, absolutely useless and harmful to the body but it tastes nice. I'm sure a few will disagree. (y)

I'm just wondering about the meaning of all this...

Qatar’s defense ministry says the country has signed a deal to buy F-15 fighter jets from the U.S. for $12 billion, completing a deal even as President Trump has accused the nation of supporting terrorism.

Reuters writes the U.S. approved the possible sale of up to 72 jets to Qatar for $21.1 billion in November. Boeing BA, +0.02% is the prime contractor on the jet sale, but declined to comment. Last week, Trump accused Qatar of being a “high-level” sponsor of terrorism.

So the US accuses Qatar state government of colluding with terrorists and then agrees to sell them high tech state of the art F15 fighter jets?

Let's just stop and think about this for one short second. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

There's nothing much to think about. He sells anything for a price ! Typical short sighted man who ONLY has money on his brain !
I don't think he will ever realize money is a false GOD.
The US's allies better watch out before he sells them down the Swanneee ! Ugh !

Business is business. Its almost impossible not to do business with people we don't like. And don't forget, doing business is a good way for both parties to want to continue talking. Why else would a rogue state or want to talk to its declared enemies?

As long as the F15's don't show up in terrorist colours.

Meantime, a militarily strong Qatar would be a deterrent against her neighbours launching an invasion. People here generally think invasions and militarily imposed regime changes are a bad idea.

Business is business. Its almost impossible not to do business with people we don't like. And don't forget, doing business is a good way for both parties to want to continue talking. Why else would a rogue state or want to talk to its declared enemies?

As long as the F15's don't show up in terrorist colours.

Meantime, a militarily strong Qatar would be a deterrent against her neighbours launching an invasion. People here generally think invasions and militarily imposed regime changes are a bad idea.

Why should terrorism have all the " tough " cards ?
About time our soppy clergy and politicians got rough with them, their friends and families.

Personally I wouldn't stick them in comfortable cells with TV and great food. Oh no I would let any of the victims get their own back. Tie the convicted terrorist to the wall and let the victims loose on them with machetes ! Video it with all their screams etc. and circulate the video around the Middle East. I mean Mrs Poodle and Wet Welby are a pathetic joke.

You're an Old Testament kind of guy, aren't you?

My concerns are with the living and therefore deterring the terrorists.
The wet approach hasn't worked. Giving them money and weapons is just plain stupid.

Let the dry lot have a go...........................

My concerns are with the living and therefore deterring the terrorists.
The wet approach hasn't worked. Giving them money and weapons is just plain stupid.

Let the dry lot have a go...........................

The world isn't so black and white, its not goodies and baddies. F-15's aren't terrorist weapons. Its even possible in this crazy world that the more terrorist funders spend on F-15's, the less they have to give away to terrorists, so we all end up safer. Either way, while the west doesn't have a realistic option to change regime in Qatar etc., neither would we want to see anyone else going in there and doing it in their own interests.

The world isn't so black and white, its not goodies and baddies. F-15's aren't terrorist weapons. Its even possible in this crazy world that the more terrorist funders spend on F-15's, the less they have to give away to terrorists, so we all end up safer. Either way, while the west doesn't have a realistic option to change regime in Qatar etc., neither would we want to see anyone else going in there and doing it in their own interests.

As you say the repressive old family regimes are probably better than the Isil murderers to keep a lid on the extremists.

Given time, I expect the hot heads will cool down a bit.

So on one hand we have political terrorist killing innocent civilians - utter pieces of total sh1ts.

On the other we have global super power selling high tech weapons, much like to those sold to Sauidies bombing Yemeneese poor people coz they are friendly to Iranians. Nice gentlemen in business suits.

So what we have here is...

Qatar are friendly to Iranians.

Saudies don't seem to be getting along with Qatar or Iran.

US selling high tech $bn dollar weapons to both Qatar and Saudie Arabia who much likey Syria sooner or later will use them on civilians.

Let's not forget terrorists attacking Iran or is the West going to refer to them as freedom fighters as they did in the Libyan revolution or ISIS in Syria fighting Assad regime.

Yep this is all ok coz it's just simply business. If we don't do this the Russians and Chinese will.

I don't see them going over to Israel or Saudie's to stir sh1t up but I'm sure a case can be made.

Much like the sh1t Ragan did with Iran and Iraq.

Then we wonder how bad these terrorists are and why they don't like our freedoms.

More soundbites and mantra. It works. :mad:

Hope you see we've been here before. :whistling

An apparent terrorist attack on a police vehicle in Paris -
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40332532

Again it seems French security policies "succeed" in prompting terrorists to attack the security forces, rather than civilian targets. Other sources report that the attacker in this case is dead, there are no other casualties.

This might be something the UK should study, as to how this is happening in France but not here. Strange, considering most UK police patrols are not fire-arm equipped and so would be softer targets.

Brits are too polite to attack the police. OTOH, we know how rude the French are :)

Terrorist intercepted at Brussels main railway station.

I haven't been in London recently. I assume we have armed police at the main stations here?

The authorities need to catch the evil people who send the gullible to their deaths.
The suicide vest makers etc.
They treat their followers as expendable. In fact encourage it to minimize the come-backs.
Must be mad imho.

i saw somewhere 23,000 on watch list ...........round them up and drop them in the arctic circle with a box of matches and a compass.................track the immediate reduction in terrorist activity in uk